RL feels constantly like a dream.

I know what your talking about. I get the same feeling of detachment when I’m doing simple things like feeding my dog or taking a walk. Yesterday I felt it when taking a ride. My husband was driving and I was looking at the road ahead of us, the trees, and the sky and I felt connected with everything but not in this reality, if that makes any sense.

Since ive been… lets say 6, ive sorta felt like this too >.<.
It sort of feels… uhh… like im not concious but concious at the same time?? I havent tried meditation except for maybe 2 times, but i havent gotten deep into it. Im getting 8 hours of sleep, i think thats normal right?

Its kind of like that yes. The problem is that it started when i started to meditate, say the second meditation…

Another thing to note is that the feeling is stronger if ive slept a long time like today (saturday) I slept maybe 10-11 hours.

Accept your reality. Resistance to change is one of the most fundamental qualities of human behavior. I suggest you just try to enjoy it. You’ve clearly going through some change. A change in perception is an indicator for a drastic change.

I think doing a bit of focal meditation will help you quite a bit.

Generally, just sit down relaxed, take some deep breaths, and look at something for as long as you wish, you will see more and more and your vision will open further . This is meant to make you aware of your new perception and the things it brought with it.

Hope this helps
Ariel

Hm. You know what, that sounds like a great idea! I’ll definetly try that! thank you!
I’ll let you know if it worked.

Ok so I tried doing this today. i sat than down in my meditation chair, took some deep breaths and then proceeded to stare at book that was standing in my bookshelf in front of me, more accurately at a logo on its spine. After a few seconds my vision became extremely trippy. Everything except for the logo i started that started to disort and become wavy. Sometimes at the edge of my field of view it became very fogy. I sat there for 15 minutes. It didn`t exactly work against my feeling of detachment though…

The key here is not to force your perception to change.

Obviously, following what you’ve experienced, it is safe to assume that if you want to change your perception back, quitting meditation might help you. But I doubt that’s what you want to do, especially since you’ve experienced such a dramatic change. It might appear negative or counter productive to your life, but it’s probably the exact opposite.

As I have already said, it’s all about your resistance to change.

Imagine you were experiencing this kind of perception throughout your life . How would you feel if your perception switched back to the one you used to have (and are trying to get back). Things all feel bad or harmful to us when they’re unfamiliar and obscure, that’s why I think focal meditation might do you good, because it will make you more familiar with your new found perception.

Every being sees the world differently, actually sees the world differently. You are on your own path so treat yourself as the ultimate judge. Search for answers within yourself, always.

Feeling detached and those kind of things, especially since you mentioned it happening after you started meditating, is most probably linked to perceiving a greater extent of the reality, such as ‘energy’ . I will not be surprised if you became clairvoyant soon, actually, I won’t be surprised if you are clairvoyant now and you’re simply not aware of it causing you to feel this way.

Many people notice major changes when they start to meditate, because meditating is… well, it’s more about opening your eyes than closing them.

Steps of action:

1. Decide whether you want to pursue changing your perception or whether you want to resist and keep your old one. If any new perception is presenting itself, it’s surely a wider one, otherwise you would’ve been exposed to it sooner. Make your choice.

2. If you choose to evolve, accept your perception and your path of learning to live with it. Make a commitment to love and accept yourself no matter what. Love and accept yourself whatever you experience.

3. Try to become familiar with it.
    We are taught and become used to have a very dim awareness. Try to consciously be aware of yourself, of your feelings, your vision, your perception, your thoughts, everything you’re going through. As well as focal meditation or anything you can think of. Awareness leads to answers.

Be aware that it might take you some time to become comfortable with your new perception, probably a lot less than you can imagine but still… you’ve had a lot of time to get familiar with what you had so a perception jump like you have experienced from meditating might need some time …

The road is always yours to walk.

We are being taught to go out and search the world for answers , only when we sit down after failing to find any answers, we begin to see that the things we were looking for were right inside of us, in plain sight, all along.

the black tourmaline is a very nice crystal to ground ,

it has a high high vibration, but works on pulling everything into being centered ,

if you wish to get one,

ya i get that when doing something like, washing clothes. going to someones house (while driving there)
idk. i think we are living but not really seeing what we are looking at. or not really living.

Not to alarm you but I think what you’re experiencing is called “derealization”.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization

It can be triggered by a drug experience and last with the person long afterwards, sometimes requiring medication or therapy if it gets too difficult to live with.

I hope that helps.

Thanks. The last thing I’ll be doing is go around caring stones.

It might also be Depersonalisation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

I dunno, I feel like most other people can just “be”, i however feel like I have to put effort into being someone… kinda

It’s hard to explain, but every little thing, is gonna be alright :smile:

umm i have never had a drug experience. and.
i its not depression i can live with it. just feels like there is something else. like an afterlife, heaven, or we are all just living in a matrix. idk
but i dont need therapy and its not that bad. like he said. only thinks (or feels) it when he is actually thinking about it.

I’ve felt like life is sometimes a dream…
(I am completely drug-free by the way)
I think it might be just how fast time is passing. I just can’t believe it!
I can remember last year like…like it’s still happening.
So sometimes I feel like I’m dreaming the future, I guess.

And another thing,
One time, when I was sick, I had this very surreal experience where I was watching TV and I felt completely detached from everything. I felt like… I don’t know just… Weird!

Reality alot of the time seems like a dream to me, but i think that’s my own doing :tongue:

I guess one could live with it. The thing is my meditation teacher actually said that this could have been something that was caused using hash, and that it suddenly came up on the surface when i meditated for the first time. The feeling IS there the whole time, but i am able to forget it though… But its really annoying and i want my normal perception back. So I’ve searched around on the internet and found out that if I’m “derealized” then a new thing called “cognitive therapy” might help. My mom’s friend know how to do this, so I’m gonna try it out.

Cognitive therapy? Hmm, this actually looks quite useful, maybe this is my one way ticket out of the mess that is my mind (or should I say cleaning up the mess that is my mind)

That, and meditation :wink: Even though i feel distaned from RL, I’ve gotten much less messy :happy: I’m doing meditation as thought my the organization Acem, which has a very modern interpretation that settles around the psychological aspects of the meditation. Check it out!

I pretty much do the equivalent of meditation in the form of constantly daydreaming and trying to sort out my life, and also cycling on my own to this forest which I consider my haven :razz: though I don’t think it’s actually open to the public since the gate has a padlock on it, but I never abuse it, and I’ve lived within the illusion of constraints and limitations for FAR too long in my life