Was this sleep paralysis?

I had a pretty weird experience a few minutes ago. I was in the middle of a ND when I randomly felt this numbness/pain in my arm which caused me to wake up. This often happens to me when I fall asleep on a body part and it cuts off the circulation. When I woke up I felt as though I had no body and was flying over my bed. I kept hearing really loud noises such as gun shots. I had this strange feeling that I was being watched and if I moved then something bad would happen, so I’m not sure if I could actually move or not. I kept trying to calm myself down and just go with it since I knew that it was all in my head, but it took almost a minute to go away. The weird thing is is that I went to bed around 2:00 AM and was having a lot of trouble falling asleep so there is no way I fell asleep any time before 2:45-3:00 AM. When it ended, I still laid there for a few minutes since I thought I could use this like WILD, but I just gave up and checked my clock and it was 3:35 AM. This was pretty weird in itself since I was in a REM cycle in less than an hour of falling asleep. Or maybe it was a NREM dream? Anyway, that was just kind of strange for me since I’ve never had what I’m assuming is SP before.

Yh i think that this is a SP becasue it seams to me like your mind woke up before your brain did, causing this unbalence. It is close to an OBE so next time it happens, think about moving to the window and out of the house and you probaly will fell like your floating out of the window.

It half sounds like you had a FA and half sounds like SP, you describe the symptoms of SP like they say elsewhere but their is the chance you didnt wake up at all. In the end im inclined to think SP as you mentioned trying to WILD, if you even thought of LDing as were still in a dream and actively trying to LD chances are you would have succeeded.