Dream recall and Lucid dreaming

Hello all.

Theres one thing i don’t quite understand about Lucid dreaming and Dream Recall.
If i become fully aware in a dream, i would see it happening as clear as day.
I would be experiencing that dream in real time at that moment.

So how is it that you can’t remember it without dream recall?
I don’t remember regular dreams because they go uninterupted or are a ND.
But if i become enough aware in them, wouldnt that be enough to remember in the morning?

Yes it would seem so. But the dream is really the same as reality. And with reality you forget some things and remember some, even if you don’t know why. But you surely remember situations which had strong impact on you. Becoming aware, I mean really aware in a dream is such a strong emotion it’s very difficult to forget. But I hava had some LD’s in which I was not fully aware and did not have a strong impact, it was only later in the morning I remembered I had a LD.
This theory of mine leads me to believe you only remember the most “important dreams” but that doesn’t need to be true, cause the mind remembers stuff wich you have no idea why :wink:

It’s a really good point tho… I said the same thing to my boss the other day. He was telling me how he had a really vivid lucid dream, but he was having a hard time remembering it. It’s hard for me to think that if you become lucid in a dream… then at that point all that is happening is happening to you and that there should be no reason why you would even need to try and remember what happened. (Only my opinion) I mean… a dream is still a dream regardless if you were lucid or not so somehow your brain must have a way at filtering real memories from dream memories.