Lizard King's Lucid Dream Guide

Well, this is brilliant! :happy: Lizard King, would you mind having a copy of this guide published in the Knowledge Base? I’m thinking of this: we could give this topic a month or so to gather information from other users, perhaps add some links to relevant topics etc… And then have a permanent version of your compilation put there. It is important that new and experienced users are able to access quality information easily, so a good, straightforward guide like yours would be great to us all. What do you think? :smile: Just let me know, and I’ll make this topic sticky for a month — make it an official forum project. :content: BR. :bruno:

Sure thing, I’ll help with whatever may need to be done.

Great! :happy:

/me stickies this topic

So I’ll give it a month for you to write/revise your guide as well as for everyone to contribute with links and whatnot. After the end of that month, you repost whatever you have in a new topic, and I’ll move the new topic to the Knowledge Base. Deal? :content: Thanks for the help! :ok:

Sounds good…I’ll get to it.

Awesome Job!

Over Winter break I stopped trying to LD because I didin’t get much sleep at all but hopefully now ill be able to start up again.

Lizard King
this is an abandoned librarian topic, Bruno thought you may be able to use a few things from it :thumbs:

If I find the time I will try to add more to this guide and finish it up.

looks good! :content: If you need any help or don’t find the time, I can work with you on it. Just let me know, ok?

…if anyone has more information to add, let me know. I’ve already combined the two articles, and now I’m editing. what do you guys think?

haha, my favorite part:

i’ve tried WILD a couple times… i wish i was good at it :bored:
all that happened was that i got cramps from staying still, and i never fell asleep, and it was a long and miserable night. hahaha
[/quote]

Wild is tricky in that it seems to be just impossible when you are actually trying to do it. I did it very well by calling up my guardian spirit while I was still in hypnogoia. Then I my body went to sleep while I was talking to her and it worked.
Another time I did that, I managed to get my body in partial sleep paralysis, I was talking to her (and a few others) but I was still completely aware of what was happening around me, so not quite right…

But thanks trophycase, now I’ll be doubly sure to include that in the final article :smile:

Seems like I will be eating alot of lettuce tonight :wink:

Great guide - hopefully :wink:

Thanks!

Sounds very good… I bet you almost have 1 LD per night!

I thought I would do my best to contribute without repeating what people have said. Here is a LD track that I listen to, and I imagine going down some glass stairs:
youtube.com/watch?v=4eTJhaRe … re=related
From the game Kingdom Hearts, if you’re interested.

Good on ya for posting this, Lizard King. It’ll help a lot of people who are really unclear on what to do.

This guide is really helping me out! Thank you!

does that really works?
i mean i am new to lucid dreaming. but i don’t understand how it actually works

(edited in) i want to know how lucid dreaming works…

(edited in) someone on this website will please help me using it

I’m on medication at the moment that makes me sleep about 12 hours. I wake about 10:30 each day

For WBTB/Mild Could I set my alarm for 6am , study lucid dreaming for one hour and go back to sleep at 7. Around 7 is where I get the most clear dreams

Yes definitely. I would also advise to try other techniques like SSILD (also somewhere on this Forum). When you have time and can wake up in the morning it is also really efficient.

However whenever you try a technique, you should only focus on a single one at a time

For dream journals, I think it’s good to take a break from it every now and then when it feels appropriate. I believe it was LaBerge’s “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming” that I read it’s good to let your body have restful sleep with no expectations as a recovery period.

Another thing that’s seemed to help recall, is keeping a journal on white paper instead of lined and treating it as an art book. Instead of just writing paragraphs (Did this for years) I now write and draw significant scenes and details that I’d like to remember.

Both seem to help with feeling burnt out on keeping a journal, but treating it as an art book has not only improved recall but bettered my art abilities too even though I’ve only been doing that for a couple of months now.