Epic fail

3 LDs? In all this time? I admit, 3 is better than my previous frequency of 0, but this is ridiculous.

I’m completely hopeless at this :wink: but I haven’t quite given up yet, even though I have a little less motivation.
I still never got to read EWLD, by the way.

how long have you been trying for?

Aw, don’t think like that. If you think about it, it goes into your subconscious. It goes there…well…unintentional auto suggestion right there. :wink:

Think postive (corny, I know)!!! Keep working, it will come just like your other LDs have. :smile:

Yes, yes and yes!! :grin:

WHen you wake up after a failed LD atempt and think “aw man, no LD”, your unconscious hears exactly that “no LD” and says “ok” :bored:

I know it can be very hard, but try not to focus on your “fails” and focus on the good things whatever they are. If you get SP try to focus on that and feel happy about it. or even good recall, or HI, or SP that lasted 2 seconds longer than your previous SP, etc.

try to keep your chin up and not worry so much :smile:

You read that in a topic.I did, too.it’s just a one man’s theory.The guy who said that, just said :‘‘Maybe it’s like that.’’

I personally don’t believe it’s like that.
But, yes, you should be confident.In everything you do.Go search for new methods, explore…There are plenty of ways to get lucid.

Yes I did, :tongue: And I agree this “one man” might be exagerating. But I have had some success with the positive thinking and trying to believe I’m great at LD’ing. And, of course, I completely understand the frustration :sad:

One way or another, getting frustrated does nothing to help LD’s.

Giving a break can also help (I’m not sure if it has been mentioned above). Many people give a break after trying to LD for a very long time and then come back to it and have some success…

Yeah, so did I.
But I didn’t say anything about thinking positive…Of course It is relevant.
You cannot get a lucid dream if you think you can’t.

I’ve been starting the think the same way, I’ve had maybe 3 semi-decent ones that weren’t too long and I wasn’t in a full blown vivid reality like dream, it was still a little hazy similar to a ND. All I can say is don’t give up hope, I’ve been trying real hard and practicing the WILD method for quite some time now, in 6 months, I’ve had 3 lucid dreams, I first started reading up on this back in December.