Teeth falling out

Somewhere I read once that if you loose your teeth regularly in your dreams, this may be a signal that you’re pregnant :grin: But I don’t think that counts for all people…

i’ve never lost my teeth in a dream i was just wondering what it meant. that would be pretty weird though…

Oh it’s horrible - I hate nothing more than my teeth being loose/falling in my dream… this isn’t frequent so I don’t make an RC of some sort because it’s too much bother.

But yeah, it sucks. I try holding them in, like I clench my teeth etc. sometimes I spin them around in their gums. Sometimes it hurts and it’s very unpleasant since I think it’s actually happening.

The odd thing is, is that I don’t really recall anything else happening during those dreams except for the fact that my teeth are f’cked up.

I read one day what losing your teeth in a dream was supposed to represent (I forget what it said now), but that very night, I had a dream where all my teeth fell out! Spooky, eh?

My friend is having a reoccuring dream in which his teeth get loose and fall out. I told him it has somthing to do with words. Does anyone have any ideas?

Wear a mouth guard in that upcoming rugby match :wink:.

Really, it could just be a dream. I use to have a reacuring dream (bout ten years ago) that my parents dragged me into a park in wooks, and each time i went i was atacked and killed by monsters.
So far, that hasn’t happened to me :tongue:.

My teeth fall out all the time. My sister’s do, too. And most of my friends say that it has happened to them at least a few times. I’m not a strong believer that every image in your dreams must have a meaning, but the fact that it is so common is interesting. Through asking people about which teeth fall out, I’ve found that it’s usually the teeth you don’t like. This leads me to think that it’s more an issue of poor self-image or just a desire for self-improvement. Usually my teeth get loose or fall out while other things are going wrong in dreams, and it’s always these two in the front that i really don’t like. My friend lost her crowned tooth. My sister loses her crooked bottom teeth.

So, basically, I’m saying that my theory is that it’s poor self-image, or just a reflection of stress. If you want to say that it does represent something, then don’t limit your search to topics related to the mouth just because that’s where it happens. What is happening to the teeth, and what is happening when they fall out?

In most dream interpretation books this is a sign of something bad about to happen.
But since dream interpretation books have nothing to do with any truths i wouldnt worry much.Dream content and its symbolism is personal thing.Symbols are to interprete by the dreamer himslef.If you dream about lets say your father…for you and for me and for someone else it will mean(if it means at all) completely different thing,cuz we have completely different emotions towards our fathers and some actions they may take in our dreams.
Therefore i never really get too excited with dream interpretation,i just treat them same way like a horoscope in “My kitchen” magazine:)

I’ve had dreams of loose teeth, My Mum has as well. Like the others said the meaning could be absoloutly anything. I’ve also dreamt of my eyeballs coming out :eek:

Well, I find it strange that so many people have/know pople who have dreams about losing teeth. Noone I know has had a dream like, nor have I.

Actually, I read somewhere that losing teeth dreams are related to the fact that throughout childhood teeth are lost. Eventually you get all your permanent teeth and they stop falling out, but your mind thinks of it as a cycle. So what ends up happening is that maybe around 10 or more years after you stopped losing teeth, your mind thinks that the cycle is going to resume and you will begin losing teeth again.

That probably didn’t make much sense because I suck at explaining things. I wish I still had the original website though…

losing teeth dreams are very common,Tell your bud it happends to everyone. :smile:

I recently had a dream where i lost just one tooth. And for some reason i got really :grrr: at a friend, and blamed him for loosing it.

ouch! those dreams are frustrating

I had the same sort of experience i was in my house looking ino a 6 foot tall mirror (which i never owned in RL) when i noticed a tooth was rotten i touched it and it fell out then all my other teeth crumbled to dust.
It was a total nightmare for some reason one of the freakiest dreams i have ever had.

you explained it perfectly :smile:

I do occasionally have these dreams. It tends to be one or more of my molars, and they always crumble into bits. Afterwards, my mouth is full of the little bits of tooth and it’s quite horrible. :sad:

Thanks, my friend really appriceates all the insite.

I once read that dreaming about teeth falling out could mean that you’re pregnant. When they wrote this, they probably forgot about the other part of mankind :tongue:

I had one dream where one or two of my teeth fell out, and then all the rest of them at once, and I tried to catch them all. Let me tell you, 28 teeth falling out simultaneously and clanking together make the strangest noise. I’ve heard plenty of things that this is supposed to mean, but let me tell you, all of them are complete rubbish. The only one who can intrepret one of your dreams fully is yourself - or maybe someone who you have told about the dream and everything to do with it, like a psychiatrist. But even then, I’d take anything they said with a pinch of salt.