Motivation

Hi guys. So let’s see, I first heard about LD-ing I think like 3 years ago. I was so excited, the whole idea behind it seemed too good to be true. But it was true. After a month of hard work I started to have LDs. I still remember my first LD, I will never forget it. I think I even posted it here. Then there was more to come and with practice, I started to gain those “powers” we all want, like controlling DCs and teleporting, flying.
It was all fun and games until something happened. I lost motivation, interest. I don’t know why or how it happened but it did. Then after months I started over, it was easier this time since i knew what to do and how.
Then it happened again. Now I hadn’t had LDs for a long time, and memories of past LDs have faded away. Like looking outside through a dirty window.

So what do you do when you lose the “spark”, the motivation to go on? I’m thinking that maybe I hadn’t had an LD for such a long time that I cant really remember how awesome they are? I’m sure if i had one that would motivate me, but I think you see the problem there.

:help: And sorry for the long post, and if theres bad grammar in it shame on me, english is my second language. Thanks in advance.

I know exactly what you mean, I cant say that I had alot of LD’s and I like to refer to myself as just a little bit more “experienced” than a newbie. :wink: But yeah, with work, studies and alot of other stuff going on, I find it hard to be able to put much time and effort in Lucid dreaming sometimes, even though I wish I could. Im usually just trying my best to motivate myself with getting the most out of my sleep.

This has happened to me two, this is actually my 3rd time comming back, ive been here since 2006 i beilieve but i didnt start LDing until my second time back. i had 3 lds and then while waiting on my next one i lost interest.

but now what i do when i feel im losing my interest is i come here and read peoples DJs, to see what they do in their LDs. and other topics like “favorite thing to do in an LD”. doing this makes me want and LD and i get re motivated! lol

hope that helped a little

Hey guys thanks for the input.

Yea I think I’ll go and check out some DJs . :happy:

That’s pretty much the same thing that happened to me. You have to remember how fun the dream was, and how much more fun it will be once you have another LD. Motivation & Techniques = Lucid Dream :cool: