Chaining - New Technique

iv still not managed to wild, but waking up after a dream and not moving gets you to fall back asleep immediately with a very clear mind. I normally find that i immediately DILD after this. I had earlier today like four lucid dreams in a row, but i didnt wild for any of them.

This topic should continue, very interesting technique. I did it last night and i think i didn’t open my eyes but i moved my body, i was sleeping on my back and it was hurting apparently, so perphaps i should sleep in a comfortable pos

This time I woke up from a nightmare, and stayed still and didn’t opened my eyes BUT couldn’t DEILD. Maybe I was too tense? Nonetheless I ‘felt’ this ‘buzzing’… :neutral:

Sounds interesting! It can be hard for me to focus on concepts, as my mind wanders a lot, so maybe working on MILD or WILD along with this would help a lot. However, I’m guessing it’ll take a lot of practice and getting used to, since it’s instinct to open my eyes and start moving. I thrash around in my sleep enough as it is. It sounds easier, though… I guess you never know until you try. I’ve done something similar when I want to fall back asleep while thinking I want to be or don’t want to be in the same dream. It has worked to take me back to the same dream before, so it’ll probably work similarly here. :content:

hi, ZRVera. It’s hard at first to not move when you make up. It’s a lot easier to not move after a LD, since you’re conscious and know you’re waking up. But it can alos be done after normal dreams with a bit of practice. Some autosugestion before you go to sleep can help. Welcome to the forum, btw :smile:

I tried it, and sometimes I can manage to stay pretty still. It’s hard to remember, but I was all right if I could think about it first. (I tend to forget things a lot…) I’ll try your suggestion tonight.

Thanks for the welcome! :slight_smile:

Try it sleeping on ur back

Hi.
After a LD the other night was the first time I managed to keep from opening my eyes and moving (much). But then I couldn’t get back to sleep. It was also the first LD I’ve had in weeks.
I think this method deserve continued trying, though.

I stay still and don’t open my eyes but Its hard to see HI/SP

while I was having a LD, I opened my eyes and I saw my bedroom wall. I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep immediatly and actually felt myself being pushed into my dream body VERY fast. Then, BAM! I was in my dream, lucid again. This has got to be the easiest form of WILDing.

I should try this. Sounds useful, and interesting.

I think I finally successfully chained this morning. Through meditation, I entered a dream consciously. After a while the dream faded away and I became aware of physical body in bed. But I remained completely motionless, even when my body felt tingly, like there was electricity running through my body (which kind of hurt), and continued the lucid dream. I did this several time for at least an hour or two. I don’t remember exactly when I started.

When I chain I usually don’t even notice I’ve entered the dream. Maybe I lose consciousness for a few seconds, not sure. No HI or SP, I mean

From what i understand, this technique is fairly common. i’ve used it myself a number of times, but i find that if you continue to have beyond 3 or 4 lucid dreams, your memory of the first couple gets a little hazy.

For a similar technique, check out the lucidipedia channel on youtube. The guy refers to it as “dream hopping.” it’s for when a dream ends, but you’re still asleep, so you kind of walk through blank dark space for a while and repeat to yourself that you’re dreaming, and then try to imagine a surrounding. It’s worked for me before…

When i was young If I were to have a good dream and i would wake up i could “chain” my dreams together. I would just say " Im going to dream where I left off" and bygoing back to sleep I could keep going where I left off. Sorta like saving in video games. Any now I was lucid but never realized the potential. If I could learn this again I could keep my LD going even after I wake up! :grin:. Any one was/is able to do this?

Merged from similar topic in General Lucidness. :dragon:

This technique is known as DEILD - you can find a guide in the knowledge base.
Best of luck to you, and plenty of LD’s ^^

Yeah, I happen to have done it about 8 times this morning!! I haven’t been that good at staying long periods of time in a LD so that made me better at chaining :wink:

What I do is I wake up and don’t move at all. I repeat to myself “The next time I dream I will remember to recognize I am dreaming” 5 times and then I’ll just try to fall back asleep. I also got to a specific place like this, I wanted to teleport a girl to safety, to the top of a hill, but I woke up while doing it. I told myself “I will get back into the dream at the top of a hill” or something like that. Anyway, for me auto-suggestion + chaining rocks! Give it a try :smile:

1 Like

I tried a few times: i woke up, stayed still with eyes closed, remembered i just had a dream, and tried telling me i would go right back to sleep, and in a few seconds i would hear a WHAM!, all my body would be instantly crossed by a paralyzing/electrical wave, but i would still be awake, and no, it wasn’t SP as i could move a minute after, while the sensation of pointy things on my skin lasted till then.
Another time i experienced HI too, and walked torwards a white light… to the same effect, feeling weird and numb but awake and able to move.
Someone can help me? Maybe i have to get back to sleep faster? (That is, not wasting teh few seconds i use into remembering the highlights of the previous dream?)

i tried it last night but i moved a little…very little. it was like i was in a dream but i was still awake…actually it was like i was looking at a dream and was still awake

i tried last night…but i had moved a little. and it was like i was looking at a dream from above, but was still awake. it also felt like i could see my real body…it was very strange. ima try it again tonight with auto suggestion.
wish me luck!

p.s. : i might have posted twice sorry

Editted into previous post :wink:

Hey,

So how exactly do you ‘train’ your body to wake up without moving? Do you just say ‘I will wake up from my dream and I will not move’ before I go to bed or do I have to do something more complex?

Thanks in advance