EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

Problems entering a WILD from SP

Author  Message 
MovieMe
Oneironaut
cookie lover
MovieMe has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost count..

PostPosted: Mon 03 Aug, 2009  Reply with quote

Todey wrote:
True, but still, it could be a different sensation for everyone? I mean, some people might experience SP different from others? smile Me for example get the feeling of what I can best describe as "being tightly wrapped in warm plastic", that for me is "SP" allthough I cant really prove that it is the real deal since I have never succeeded with WILD. But I can always make myself move if I want to, thats the thing, allthough it is hard since my whole body feels like its made out of stone. meh

That's actually not it. Sleep Paralysis isn't some individual hocus pocus, it's a human defense mechanism to prevent us from acting out our dreams. When you are paralysed, you truly are paralysed. You are unable to move even if you freak out, and you are very likely to experience Hypnagogic Hallucinations (Even with your eyes open).

Also keep in mind that Sleep Paralysis is not actually a Step in WILD- Most of the times you're already in a dream before you realize your body is paralysed - So you shouldn't count on getting SP when doing WILD.

Smeester
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 4

Thank you for clearing that up MovieMe.

Wond3rland
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 22

WILD is also best doen after a few hours of sleep, a common mix with WBTB. I find myself usually falling asleep around midnight, the beginning of the next day. Then I give myself a good 5-6 hours of sleep waking to a sunrise quiet time. Focusing on waking lucidity hoping to "lose my inner luggage" and travel solely with a hightened awareness.

*My personal insight

Mixing LD's with religion helped me form a personal over all concept to "What is really reality?" Combining two things both very real, yet unseen proves tricky for a torn conscious. Becoming a better being to others in waking life is a great way to not only help others but cleanse your closet of emotions. This leaving room for the untapped potential I pray you gain.

Dazzle
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 12

Smeester wrote:
I seem to have this problem too. I get into SP, and that's as far as i can ever get. I can lay there for as long as i want, but eventually i just get antsy or an itch or something that makes me move.

When i do a WILD it feels like my mind is still wide awake. is it supposed to feel like this?

You feel antsy or itchy because your body is not asleep. When your falling asleep you dont itch rite? You just Scratch your nose or whatever and just go to sleep. The easiest way for me to attempt a wild, is to let myself drift into sleep but every so often i check back in with my mind, and eventually i start getting a stream of images then i am able to will myself into the dream.

Smeester
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Tue 04 Aug, 2009  Reply with quote

Well i have been trying WILD for a week now, and i cant get anywhere. I don't mean to wine, i just don't think it's for me. Whenever i try, i get very relaxed, and my body gets very heavy. It is also very hard to move, but i can if i want to.

I have also noticed that whenever i try WILD, i seem to have absolutely no Dream recall when i wake up.

I would appreciate feedback, but i think i am going to stop trying WILD as it is frustrating me.

I guess some techniques dont work for everyone.

MovieMe
Oneironaut
cookie lover
MovieMe has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost count..

PostPosted: Wed 05 Aug, 2009  Reply with quote

Smeester wrote:
Well i have been trying WILD for a week now, and i cant get anywhere. I don't mean to wine, i just don't think it's for me. Whenever i try, i get very relaxed, and my body gets very heavy. It is also very hard to move, but i can if i want to.

I have also noticed that whenever i try WILD, i seem to have absolutely no Dream recall when i wake up.

I would appreciate feedback, but i think i am going to stop trying WILD as it is frustrating me.

I guess some techniques dont work for everyone.

What you need to remember when doing WILD:
- Sleep Paralysis is NOT a part of the induction process (Usually you won't even notice it before you're in a dream, so DON'T expect to either)
- You need to have woken up from a previous dream or just enough sleep to be infront of a REM stage.
- Counting is not necessary, it is just a trick to stay aware, but if it just keeps you awake then don't do it. Try just repeating "I'm dreaming" or something, without the numbers. The important thing is to stay aware.
- Forget your body! Don't think about any tingling or heavyness, pull your focus towards your third eye or whatever. Put it all to your Hypnogogic Imagery- Cos this is where the magic happens.
-----
But WILD isn't for everyone smile Myself I prefer MILD or DILD.

print