Problems entering a WILD from SP

Perhaps you shouldn’t wait that vibrations have stopped. The easier way to have a LD from SP is to “roll out of your bed”. If you can’t there is another technique which relies on the fact that the “paralyzed body” is not really paralyzed: it’s very heavy, that’s all, and you don’t really have to “force your dream body out your physical body”, cause your physical body is indeed already a dream body.

Hope these little advices can help you. BTW when you’re in SP, you’re not very far to a LD. Keep up the good work! :happy:

Yes, exactly the same way im experiencing WILD! And i don’t know how I can advance from that, cuz i don’t exactly get lucid while i just laying in my bed all numb. Feels a bit likemy non physical body is ready to seperate, but somehow is still stuck in my real body, and that i need to do something fror it to sepereate…
But if i move conscoiusly wont i ruin the wild, by moving my physical body because i’m not completely seperated from it?? :help:

I’m glad to hear i’m not the only one having this problem :content: hehe

Are you sure you’re in SP for a full hour? That shouldn’t be even physically possible. SP doesn’t last more than a few minutes at the most.

And yes, you should try when you feel the vibrations. You don’t really need to feel full SP to do a WILD, but the vibrations give you a clue that you are on the right track.

There are many other ways to WILD other than rolling out of your body. My personal favorite is visualizing a dream scene that I want to enter, and keep the mental image/HI until it turns into a lucid dream. I do this when I feel very relaxed, usually even before I can feel the vibrations.

My method is very similar to this, but I always wait for vibrations. I haven’t attempted it without them, but I’ll give it a try.

If you look up Lucidology 101 on youtube you’ll find some very helpful videos on how to get unstuck from ur physcial body- there’s technique called teleporting OOBEs. You should check it out.

well you shouldn’t have to force anything. Once you relax and the vibrations eventually come, you have to go with them, not wait until they stop. What time are you practicing wild? The best time to is in the early morning, when you still feel groggy. Obviously this will take practice.

I definitely recommend these videos. They are probably the only useful ones on youtube!

Once your experiencing vibrations, you should have no problem bringing any visualisations to life. That way, you won’t have to give your body a second thought. Alternatively, you could try to think more about moving your mind rather than your arm. Try rocking it from side to side, or up and down. Whatever produces a sensation for you. Then focus on making the sensation as strong as possible until you swing your mind outside of your body. I always used to imaging my ethereal body being pulled or sucked out through my toes. After the sensation got strong enough, I would slip out into my dream. The sensation was like slipping on a banana :smile:

Good luck!

Now that I’ve had my first two OBEs, I realize what the problem was. Previously, I had only been entering partial SP, which is not adequate enough to OBE from.

I seem to have this problem too. I get into SP, and that’s as far as i can ever get. I can lay there for as long as i want, but eventually i just get antsy or an itch or something that makes me move.

When i do a WILD it feels like my mind is still wide awake. is it supposed to feel like this?

That is the whole point with WILD, your mind SHOULD be awake, but not “too” awake. Maybe that was what you meant, in that case im sorry :tongue:

well im not sure. Maybe i am not really entering SP though, My body feels very heavy, and hard to move, but if i want to move i still can. is this SP?

It’s called Sleep Paralysis because it really is Paralysis- You aren’t able to move AT ALL. Your body getting heavy isn’t SP, that’s just your body relaxing or whatever. Sleep Paralysis occurs at REM sleep, so basically for it to kick in you will need to do it after waking up (When you’re in a REM stage).

People often mistake the heaviness for Sleep Paralysis, and therefor wonder why WILD isn’t working for them.

True, but still, it could be a different sensation for everyone? I mean, some people might experience SP different from others? :smile: Me for example get the feeling of what I can best describe as “being tightly wrapped in warm plastic”, that for me is “SP” allthough I cant really prove that it is the real deal since I have never succeeded with WILD. But I can always make myself move if I want to, thats the thing, allthough it is hard since my whole body feels like its made out of stone. :meh:

That’s actually not it. Sleep Paralysis isn’t some individual hocus pocus, it’s a human defense mechanism to prevent us from acting out our dreams. When you are paralysed, you truly are paralysed. You are unable to move even if you freak out, and you are very likely to experience Hypnagogic Hallucinations (Even with your eyes open).

Also keep in mind that Sleep Paralysis is not actually a Step in WILD- Most of the times you’re already in a dream before you realize your body is paralysed - So you shouldn’t count on getting SP when doing WILD.

Thank you for clearing that up MovieMe.

WILD is also best doen after a few hours of sleep, a common mix with WBTB. I find myself usually falling asleep around midnight, the beginning of the next day. Then I give myself a good 5-6 hours of sleep waking to a sunrise quiet time. Focusing on waking lucidity hoping to “lose my inner luggage” and travel solely with a hightened awareness.

*My personal insight

Mixing LD’s with religion helped me form a personal over all concept to “What is really reality?” Combining two things both very real, yet unseen proves tricky for a torn conscious. Becoming a better being to others in waking life is a great way to not only help others but cleanse your closet of emotions. This leaving room for the untapped potential I pray you gain.

You feel antsy or itchy because your body is not asleep. When your falling asleep you dont itch rite? You just Scratch your nose or whatever and just go to sleep. The easiest way for me to attempt a wild, is to let myself drift into sleep but every so often i check back in with my mind, and eventually i start getting a stream of images then i am able to will myself into the dream.

Well i have been trying WILD for a week now, and i cant get anywhere. I don’t mean to wine, i just don’t think it’s for me. Whenever i try, i get very relaxed, and my body gets very heavy. It is also very hard to move, but i can if i want to.

I have also noticed that whenever i try WILD, i seem to have absolutely no Dream recall when i wake up.

I would appreciate feedback, but i think i am going to stop trying WILD as it is frustrating me.

I guess some techniques dont work for everyone.

What you need to remember when doing WILD:

• Sleep Paralysis is NOT a part of the induction process (Usually you won’t even notice it before you’re in a dream, so DON’T expect to either)
  • You need to have woken up from a previous dream or just enough sleep to be infront of a REM stage.
  • Counting is not necessary, it is just a trick to stay aware, but if it just keeps you awake then don’t do it. Try just repeating “I’m dreaming” or something, without the numbers. The important thing is to stay aware.
  • Forget your body! Don’t think about any tingling or heavyness, pull your focus towards your third eye or whatever. Put it all to your Hypnogogic Imagery- Cos this is where the magic happens.

But WILD isn’t for everyone :smile: Myself I prefer MILD or DILD.