The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VII

You do not need to be able to control the dream inorder to be lucid … it is all about awareness of being in a dream. Although dream control usually follows in most dreams to a greater or lesser extent.

I would say at least one a night, but keep on improving your recall at the same time that you do the LD techniques.

Good luck :thumbs:

Thanks, that clears up a lot for me, hopefully I will soon experience a LD and control the dream.

I don’t know if this counts, or maybe I’m just on the right path?
I’ve never tried any of this before. At least never more than wanting to do it.
Anyway, before falling asleep I was telling myself that I wanted to have a dream about me and my girlfriend together, secluded from everyone else. That didn’t happen, I don’t think. I remember in one dream that I was with her, but that’s all I remember.
Though, in another, I was going with my mom to take my gf’s mom home, and I only wanted to go to see her.
Is this at least a start?

it was an incubated dream, it is good to be able to incubate what you want in your dreams :content:
But becoming lucid is different altogether you need that realisation that you are dreaming.

I read to look for signs you are dreaming.
I saw the sign, but I didn’t realize it!
I knew if she was anyhow involved I’d be dreaming,
but I only knew it while I was awake!

Okay… So I’m pretty new to lucid dreaming (and the forum) and have encountered a few road blocks. First off, is it possible to close your eyes during a dream and maintain lucidity? Also, does one blink? I have had only two lucid dreams and I am not quite sure if they were the real thing. The first one, occurred during an afternoon nap when I was doing VILD (though I had not been aware of this or any other method at the time apart from RCs). In the dream, I imagined my self in the house talking to a person but not becoming aware. I didn’t achieve quite what I wanted, but I think I had a false awakening as I was still trying to fall asleep on the couch. After a while of me trying yo “fall asleep” I began to vibrate and shake and I saw the kind of static imagery you see on a television. I got kind of freaked out but I tried it again and the next thing I remember I was standing beside the couch. I then performed an RC, and became semi-lucid ( I think). Was this a real experience or was it a fake lucid dream? I also just had a similar experience that was kinda like WILD which I have come close to before. I also vibrated and heard a strong wind in my ears. I don’t think this was WILD, because I am nearly positive I was sleeping. Does this vibration occur to anybody else?

Thank you for reading this and sorry for the long post.

The latter question-- I’m not aware of blinking either in waking life or dreamtime, so I don’t know. Probably doesn’t have much of an effect, whether we do or don’t, since (to the former question) yes, I have closed my eyes and maintained lucidity. Usually another image will blossom behind what’s supposed to be my eyelids, and it will be like I never closed them, but one time I was able to maintain the visual of the back of my own eyelids and open them again in the same dream setting.

Didn’t sound like a lucid dream to me, and if you have to doubt it quite so much… it very likely was not :smile: Or it could be a “low-level lucid” dream:
youtube.com/view_play_list?p … 63BB187AB5

Can you describe these vibrations a little more? It’s just that I have heard of lucid dreamers who experience what they call vibrations, that I’ve experienced and can’t personally consider “vibrations”.

I have also heard and felt the strong wind only once before, through that hadn’t led to anything, I have wondered at it.

Thank you for your reply,and that link was quite helpful. Well, all that I can recall was that my entire body was rapidly shaking, and I could that the hear objects around me were clattering around as a result.

Right! I always enjoyed my dreams even as a child and they always facinated me, I always end up having really wierd dreams and am talking about them to others all the time so I guess that’s why I have so many lol

Until a year ago I didnt even know about LD which is why now I am asking this of you guys (the pros ^^) I sometimes have dreams that I am flying, the first time that I had it I was about 12 or something and I remeber my sister had the same kind of dream, she was talking to us about dreaming about flying and how great it was and I remember I really wanting to have that dream and feel how it is and couple of days later I had it and I really enjoyed it, the same thing happened with her driving a car and since then I was able to dream to drive a car.

Then the second time I had a dream that I was flying since the feeling felt like something I felt before, I felt kind of familiar to it and I started to make it last abit longer since I thought this is a good feeling.

Then about a year ago after I found out about LD I had a dream that I was flying I realised I was dreaming since I was flying I thought this is great and I flied for at least an hour or so It was mostly being able to jump really high and have a small flying sensation then back down again and jump up again but usually I can only do this for about 2 to 5 min max but this time it lasted a lot longer (at least an hour or so) and then I went back to what was supposed to happen in the dream and finished the dream.

So did I have a LD or was that just an ND? Because to be fair, although I knew I was dreaming I didnt have that much control over it, not like I could tell myself where to go or anything…

Sorry for being too long XD

Hello Nico, welcome to LD4all! You did indeed have a lucid dream, albeit a hazy one. Congratulations on your first step towards complete lucidity! I’d suggest working on dream recall now, and if you don’t have one already, starting a dream journal.

I wish you luck!

Lucidity is not being able to do things, but knowing that you can, and that you’re dreaming.
Sure enough, the two usually go hand in hand, other times, it’s low lucidity, but you still know you’re dreaming.

If you fought a dragon with fireballs while flying in outer space knowing you can do anything IS NOT LUCID DREAMING

If you fought a dragon with fireballs while flying in outer space knowing that you’re in the middle of a dream, It’s an LD.
Sorry for the strange metaphor. It’s made for the extreme. You could have an ND while building a city underwater and be able to breathe it and have an LD where you’re sitting in a chair.

Yay! I am glad that it wasnt just a normal dream =D

Thanks for the replies, I do like to get into LD but things like SP really puts me off, I have experienced SP a few times already without even practicing for LD and I really hate it.

I am gonna try and keep a dream journal if I get the chance, other techniques such as waking up 4 hours after you slept and going back to bed is not optional for me since I run a business and I cant be sleepy at work lol

Well, since you realized you were dreaming, techincally it was an LD, and not being able to control it or having it very gray and hazy is normal. The more you LD, the more vivid they’ll become and the more you’ll be able to control them.

Ok, I had this dream last night where im not sure if i was lucid or just dreaming that i was Lucid.
First Heres the dream i had.
I was for some strange reason trying to get a red juice box cold. Tony Bourdain was there (Guy from travel channel) he told me how to make it cold i was at my grandmas house and made some special ice it was huge chunks some how i got it in the juice box.
This is were i might have become lucid:
Then all of a sudden i was somewhere else i was in front of a huge ice container like the ones outside of a gas station with like a polar bear on it. It had 3 doors i opened one and it was just a blank wall same with the other 2. i walked to the side of the container and thought “Am i dreaming” I did a watch reality check. I said “Yep Guess im dreaming” So i tried to fly didnt work so i tried to summon a flying creature. i imagined what it looked like. When i opened my eyes i was in a medieval room with someone laying on the floor… so i walked outside and saw tony again He said follow me and ran followed him and we ran up a building like in assassins creed there was a huge shingled roof i remember it being tanish i ran on top of a bunch of vertical poles we got to the edge we were a lot higher than i thought we were. Then all of a sudden i jumped off and hit the ground several times a couple just sat there and watched me do it. The end

It seemed that i could control it. it was vivid but it felt as if i was only watching it instead of actually being there. I could control it but i was watching it kinda like a video game. I even remember it starting to fade so i rubbed my hands.

I have been researching and watching videos about lucid dreaming, how to’s, ETC.
Was i just hyped up about having one and just dreamed of having a LD?
Or was this a LD?

It sounds like it was an LD. If you ever go ‘hey, this is a dream… i’m dreaming’ then that’s lucidity.

Some LDs may be more lucid than others, more controllable or more vivid… but they’re all still lucid dreams, just at sort of different levels of awareness.

Well done! :thumbs:

OMG! Yay. I finally had a Lucid dream? Woot! Woot! :lucid:

Yay! :partying_face:

The past days i haven’t been able to sleep much, so i didn’t do anything in order to have an LD at all.
But this night, i was dreaming. And since i was so tired even when waking up (hadn’t get enough sleep),
i didn’t try to recall my dream. So, after lying in my bed for some minutes, i stood up. And then it hit me.
I remembered that i saw something in a dream,
and then (in the dream) i realized it!
This wouldn’t work in the real life! But the problem is…then i woke up. Or did i?
I have no idea. I thought i wake up, but can’t remember it though.
So i was thinking…maybe i just dreamed that i become lucid? Is that possible?
I am petty confused now…

Merged from similar topic. :dragon:

i feel like that all of the time, where you don’t feel legitimately LUCID, where you wake up thinking that you were dreaming that you were dreaming that you became lucid within a dream inside your dream :uh:
i guess the fact that there is any realization in your dream at all means that you’re lucid, but then of course there are many levels of lucidity.
for me, and it seems for alot of people, lucidity is hard to concretely define, i some times find lucidness that seems like it belongs in a different level altogether.
i guess all i’m trying to say is whether or not you want to define lucidity one way or another, you still want to have specific goals and personal preferences, taking you little by little towards having better lucidity
but i’m no expert- hope i could help at all anyways :content:

I could have been a false lucid dream or a low level lucid dream.
Slim is the line between those two.

But I’d say it was a lucid dream…
You see, if you DID really realize you are dreaming, that’s always a lucid dream.
Even if you woke up after that.

You see, many beginners wake up when they become lucid…it is because of the excitement.

You must stay calm in order to have a longer lucid dream.
Next time, try to repeat: ‘‘I’m calm, I’m not excited’’ or something like that.
It usually works.

Maybe you lost lucidity instantly, but the dream continued…also possible.
You weren’t lucid enough.Next time try to rub your hands and touch anything in the dreamworld.That usually makes you more lucid.

a FLD is a normal dream where you just think you’re lucid…but you aren’t.
So, it’s dreaming about lucid dreaming.Happens to almost everyone, including me (well, it used to happen before).

Good luck.If you have any questions, feel free to ask.