Scribes needed :) Apply within.

Hi wolvendeer :smile:
reorganization is - well - sort of done, work in progress, but you are welcome to join :happy:

I’m still head librarian for now.

Shadow Dreamer, you are such an addict, that I don’t know if becoming a scribe will be a good thing or a bad thing (eg you spending even more hours here :wink: you should get out too sometimes, you know :wink: )

I love scribes who want to dive into old posts! :happy: So you are in :smile:

wolvendeer, did your post imply a Question to join? If you would, you are in if you want?

I updated the first post in this topic now, with:

Applying

While I appreciate everyones enthousiasm and efforts to be a scribe, since this is all on voluntary basis, after all :smile: Not everyone is automatically added to the group. (To prevent the scribes group from becoming just a “gimmick” to have an extra icon below your name)

Everyone who wants to join is therefore considered by the Head Scribe (me, for now :tongue: ). If you apply, please state the reason why you want to join, and if you already have an idea on a tutorial you want to make. (and if you have, what you would want to make)

Apply if you:* Love going through old post and collect useful material

• Like writing
  • can work together well with other scribes
  • Have been a member for some time
  • Have made at least 50 useful posts

exceptions to these points can be made at the discretion of the head librarian.

If you already have written a very good tutorial/post/article about something it’s also possible to have that moved into the knowledge base. If you post something good in the forum, it can be moved. So don’t apply with finished articles :wink:

Thank you!

Wait, I don’t know what scribes do…
Can you tell me please?

yes, here :smile:

Hey Qu, i don’t have enough posts, but i would like to apply, since im working very long shifts (and spend them here),it would be a getaway from the boredom and i could do something useful on this forum (and not just pressing F5),

P.S. im going on vacation and will be back 03.09.2009. So i would like to start then (if i get in :wink: )

OK, well apply again after you are back :smile: (in case you are back and don’t feel like it anymore :tongue: )

hahaha, good one :wink:
When i get back hopefully my experiment will have some results,and if they are good i will consider writing a detailed guide.
so, uhmm…later :smile:

Yeah, I’d like to join the scribes. I got started writing a [large] guide for MM, and now I figure it’d be nice to write some more stuff. Plus, like was said before, it give a good reason to dig through old/huge posts I otherwise wouldn’t venture into.

OK :smile: Welcome in :smile:

Thanks! :grin:

Don’t worry, I’ll try to limit myself! :wink:
And I do get out… I (usually) don’t spend all day on LD4all! :tongue:

Well, I like helping people and writing guides…

But I don’t think I’ve got the time to write long posts and guides…

I would like to edit some posts, or add things that others didn’t.

And I hope I will eventually write a guide…
Well, if you are not satisfied with me, just kick me out :wink:

So, you can count me in…

If you don’t have time, then it’s better not to join :wink: it takes time to delve through old topics and add usable things :smile: sorry :smile:

i applied long back but i did not get reply as the scribes are reorganising. i hope they will consider me now.
1.i have 50 posts
2. i am intersted in writing tutorials but i dont know whether they are really useful.
3. and, Q included my ‘failure initiated lucid dreaming’ technique into the knowledge base as a variation of WILD technique

What’s needed are scribes who are willing to dive into old topics and extract those jewels of information hidden in those posts.

i have holidays now, so i think i can spend 2-3 hours daily reading the old archives.
can i join now?

Welcome in, kalyan :smile:

I’m applying again !
I’m back from vacation and i have >6 hrs almost every day to venture into the long known.
:smile:

I’d like to join the Scribes if that’s alright. :smile:

I’m finally feeling up to sharing all the tips and tricks I’ve learned over the years. (And I’ve already started with my transformation topic.)

that’s great wyv! :smile:

One thing though - the purpose of the scribes is to collect useful posts already on the forum and merge those in a FAQ/tutorial/article of some sorts. If you write a great tutorial (which you have already done :grin: ) it could be moved to the KB without you having to be a scribe.

having said that, there are some scribes currently working on their own things, (still from before the reorganisation).

That’s absolutely no problem. I don’t mind compiling information. I already have some ideas in mind.