Who has read Stephen Laberge?

For those of you that have read Stephen Laberge: Exploring the world of Lucid dream. Have you found that your lucid dreams improved greatly after reading it. Did you serious apply the exercises in the book and if so which ones, and how did they work out for you? :smile:

I read it as one of the first books about lucid dreaming. It was in the time I wasn’t far enough to have LDs, so I can’t say if it improved my lucidity. I did a technique to improve my ‘reality check reflex’, and I got an audio file in which LaBerge himself reads one of the techniques aloud. I haven’t tried it, because you need to be a little tired and you must have awoken from a vivid dream.

Edit: We have a topic like this on Lucidipedia. I’ll quote Zeeogre:

I found it a fascinating read, of course we owe it to LaBerge for making lucid dreaming accepted-- but, personally, I didn’t find the techniques particularly helpful. Lucidity, for me, just comes when it does. :tongue:

I havent read EWLD, but I read another book of Laberge, its called Lucid Dreaming-a conscise guide to awakening in dreams (or something). I found that book interesting (at least the part I read) and I really want to read EWLD :tongue:

Ill need to read LD-books by Laberge again to tell if my LD’s have improved or not :wink:

When I was reading it I was doing all sorts of things at the same time, taking in information from all over.But I did learn the techniques and they are certainly helpful. Since there are a number of them you might find something in there that works. If you are wondering if it is wort the read I can tell you that it most certainly is. Not just for the techinques, which you can find in many places anyway, but for the comprehensive picture of lucid dreaming that you get from it. Understanding them is helpful for improving them.

I have read that book. I found it quite interesting even though I think forums are truly the best medium to learn about lucid dreams - since the personal experience varies widely from person to person. After reading his book ,I tried out the WILD method he mentioned and it was quite effective.

~gobo1357

i have read stephen laberge

I haven’t readed Stephen Laberge, but I did read his book :razz:
Actually I made my mother buy me the book online about 2 years ago and then a few weeks ago I found an electronic PDF version of it. Actually I don’t have much trouble with dream recall, IF I put effort in it (and have a good sleep schedule, both factors have been absent for about 8 months at least). But as with actually achieving lucidiy, I haven’t made it. Oh and I just readed the book, but did not much more than that.

Ah, I read it like a novel. (I got enjoyment from reading it.)

Finished it in no time.

If you haven’t read much about lucid dreams, then EWLD is an excellent book. I keep it next to my bed. Some of the techniques in there for relaxation and visualization are really useful.

It’s got a whole heap of information, teaching you the intricacies of dreams as well as being sort of a how-to guide. Some of the methods may be slightly outdated, but they do work for many people. If nothing else EWLD will greatly enhance your whole understanding of lucid dreams and their applications. Most useful are the many exercises (not just the WILD/MILD ones, but also those not directly related to dreams).

It’s true, you can find most of the information on forums, but LaBerge (in my opinion) gives great insights into many aspects of lucid dreaming. So I can highly recommend the book, especially if you’re a beginner. For those who are already advanced lucid dreamers it probably won’t help much, though.

EWLD is the only book on LD that I’ve read. I didn’t really practice many of the exercises aside from RC, MILD and WBTB. I didn’t consistently have LD’s till quite a while after reading the book.

If I was going to read more on the topic I would really like to read about Tibetan Dream Yogis…

I have read this book. There are many exercises within it’s pages. For the exersices, I find that I get what I put into them.

I have the book The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche I’m looking forward to reading it soon

So jealous! Let me know if it’s any good?

i want to read it but dont have any money :sad:

Every time I walk into a Barnes and Noble I look up to see if they have his book. Next time I find it I’m buying without question.

For those who feel pirate-y, there’s a free copy of EWLD on Scribd, just search the title. (just donate a little to the Lucidity institute after :grin:
I have read it before having any LD, so i can’t say how much it has improved my LD ability, but i must say it was very, very informative.
It really teaches you everything, from the mindset, to the induction techs, to the relaxation techs, how to stay in/control the dream, its various uses, even some little (albeit very useful) exercizes on strenghtening progressive memory, willpower and concentration!
What i didn’t get the first time reading it, i found it explained several times here on LD4all, and i have to thank all the contributors for that ^^, but if you pay attention to what it says, i can really say you don’t need pretty much anything else to start off/get going.

anyone knows in that languages it is translated? im greek and i dont know where to find it…

I bought Exploring The World of Lucid dreaming by him and I am currently re-reading it. I highly suggest you buy it because he explains everything you would need or want to know about it so well.