Entering our minds in dreams

Wat if our dreams are us actually ENTERING our minds. If this is true then that means we would b able to like create a library with ALL of our memorys in it(in a LD of course). We could also find out things that might be actually planted in our brains as humans, like some people think that humans are born psyhic and telepathic, and stuff like this. Someone try this and see if it works.

It’s theoretically possible to create a mental library will all of our memories, as our memory is potentially limitless and has the capacity to last a lifetime. I can’t see it being very productive, though- can you imagine what it would be like to have all of your memories at easy access in a library structure? It would prevent you from forgetting anything, and forgetting has productive purposes in the long run.

We are entering our minds. :smile:

thats true but u can use the library to look at a SPECIFIC memory not ALL of them

well a dream is practicly re-entering a mix of practicly every memory in our lives. doesnt mean that its all of it but we can remember our past memories we just cant decypher the mesh it is in a dream. :smile:

I understand what you’re saying. Our brains do have limitless capacity for storing and retrieving memory, but compare a brain to a computer- the fuller it’s memory gets, the slower it is. It’s theorized that it would take much longer to actively retrieve memories if we were to remember everything. When you’re eighty, do you really want to have the memory of every single breakfast you had as a teenager?

If you’re saying that this library wouldn’t hold all of our memories, then I don’t really see why you’d need to dream to try to remember something. I just don’t think that it’s productive to attempt to remember forgotten memories through dreaming. :content:

lol wat if u wanted to see your dead dog, so u went to da library to look him up?

I don’t see anything funny about a dead dog. However, now that you’ve said that, I understand that you’re saying something quite different to what I thought you said. All the same, I don’t see the point in creating a library to find memories. Are you really likely to forget about your dead dog without this library?

Also, would I please be able to trouble you type a bit more legibly so that I can understand your posts? :content: I can’t read leet text easily.

leet text?

‘u’ for ‘you’, ‘wat’ for ‘what’, et cetera. I’m just totally clueless when it comes to deciphering it. :tongue:

y3s teh 1337, it’s wen y0u typ3 liek th1s and nobody is und3rstand1ng u

It’s opposite of normal grammar :wink:

I, too, can’t find any real use for making a library…i think it would be unnecessary load on your brain…make a search engine instead :smile:

Wait…

I dont get it.

Does that mean that you can remember all your childhood memories by Lucid Dreaming?

No. It isn’t possible to remember all of your forgotten childhood memories by dreaming, whether you have control over that dream or not.

Why not, it’s still stored somewhere…but i think it would need a great deal of effort to recall.

I don’t think it’s impossible to recall them at all, just not within dreams. If you’ve well and truly forgotten something, the means that you have to retrieve that specific memory aren’t functioning, and I don’t think that dreaming would help memory recall if a memory is forgotten.

Awws.

Thats sad then…

“I don’t think it’s impossible to recall them at all, just not within dreams. If you’ve well and truly forgotten something, the means that you have to retrieve that specific memory aren’t functioning, and I don’t think that dreaming would help memory recall if a memory is forgotten.”

this part

It is possible. I heard of people asking their SGs to retrieve frogotten memories, and it worked.

Our SC stores a lot more information that our conscious self is able to recall at any time (ie. the taste of chips), can recall when stimulated (a face of a person you don’t remember now but will surely recognize when you meet him) or doesn’t have access to at all (traumatic removed events, other stuff). In a LD, you can be face-to-face with the deepest part of you, and thus have access to that memory you forgot months/years ago, or relive an experience in such detail you could never conjure consciously, or mostly anything else you can think of. If you remember you did something, your SC remebers when, where, how and why.
As for the memory library thing, i belive it is possible, that would determine such a revolution in your way of thinking and living, and fear would indeed prevent you from “messing up your mind”, so you should be quite determined and resolute about that if you really want to achieve such a feat.

yea i thought it was possible