LD4all 2009 fundraiser

You’re welcome Q and thank you for this beautiful forum and all the time you’re investing in it!

i think having a fundraiser is a great idea, pasQuale. :spinning:

A year of hosting costs over $1,000? :eh: Maybe you should check out this site for some better pricing… It sounds like you’re getting ripped off if you are paying over $1,000 for a year of web hosting, Pasquale…

I mean, if you go with justhost.com, you should only be paying about $185.00 once every TWO years for unlimited disk space, bandwidth and e-mail. Not only that but you’d be getting a free-for-life domain and free set up. I mean wow, I think I just might be saving you $1800+ hahah

Just curious, who are you currently getting hosting from?

LD4all needs a dedicated server.

Don’t come up to me saying you can find hosting for $1 somewhere. I know that. I can pay $1 for hosting and you get a slow forum or one that isn’t reachable at all.

I pay what I pay now to provide you with a fast site and trustworthy connection.

SPOILER - Click to view

Have the costs increased btw with the new server? Or is it just a hardware upgrade at your current host to keep it up to par with nowadays specs? :smile:

Never mind, I already got my question answered by reading this post :razz:

:tongue:

now to put something here so you don’t think that was chatspeak :tongue:

yes, we are on a faster & better server now :content: But from the same company. And they helped move everything too, which was a relief. (I hate moving servers).

I just wanted to let you know that I would love to donate and I hope in the future I can. As of right now we just had a baby 9 months ago and things are alittle tight but as soon as they loosen up again I will donate. :content:

thank you so much lidybug :smile:

And to all: your donations are very much appreciated, but please never feel obligated to donate. :thumbs:

Thank you dreambob for your donation! :happy:

And we’re really glad that you do so much for us, Q :cool:. I’d donate if I could, but I don’t have a job yet, but I assure you that I will someday(donate) :nuu:

i really really really really really really want to donate money to keep this site going i truly honestly do, its just i dont have a credit card, i used to have a prepaid card but i spent it all. can i send money through the mail?

Hey Q, What happens if you don’t get all the money? Does the rest come out of your pocket? Or do we need to pay extra the next year?

With my best wishes for this commnity to live as long as possible. :content:

Thank you for your donation and best wishes, Tosxychor! :happy:

Sorry… i’m underage and got no card otherwise i’d dump some money for sure, even though im pretty broke at the moment :razz:.

Thank you for your donation, Lucid_nico!

@Tosxychor, somehow I forgot to add your name to the list of donors - fixed that now!

And Daniel, I pay everything from my own pocket, and anything anyone donates helps me in the costs. Meaning, if we don’t reach it all, then I have to pay more from my own pocket. And then I set the counter for the next year. For me, it’s a support that helps to keep me motivated and inspired to keep the site running (which is sometimes more of a hassle than any of you may know and/or appreciate). Nevertheless, it comes from my heart, and I do wish to spread the art & knowledge of lucid dreaming to everyone.

:eek:

Thank you for your donation, S.S. (i don’t know your forum name) and finalsacre! :happy:

Hey man. I want to start saying that I really want to donate, as this forum is my favourite forum for lucid dreaming out there. I have been a member of this site for long!

But… I have no money… I’m only 16 years old, so I can’t donate… yet.
But I will donate as much as I can when I will be able to do so!

Anyhow, I would suggest you to put up some side ads. Ads which are on the side of the forum, in the empty space next to the borders. Put up some dark ads (not white and bright) which blend in with the background well. Then it would be great! Just be sure to use ads which aren’t animated… Use static ads and it won’t be a problem for us members.

Hope all goes well! :smile: :content:

still time to donate for 2009! :grin:

I’ll start the 2010 donation mid january, then the “server year” is officially over.

I also have to make new nifty donation badges :content: