EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

Who has read Stephen Laberge?

Author  Message 
Lidybug
Dakini
Astral Explorer
Lidybug has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: More then 20

Who has read Stephen Laberge?
PostPosted: Tue 01 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

For those of you that have read Stephen Laberge: Exploring the world of Lucid dream. Have you found that your lucid dreams improved greatly after reading it. Did you serious apply the exercises in the book and if so which ones, and how did they work out for you? smile

Thunal
LD count: 4

I read it as one of the first books about lucid dreaming. It was in the time I wasn't far enough to have LDs, so I can't say if it improved my lucidity. I did a technique to improve my 'reality check reflex', and I got an audio file in which LaBerge himself reads one of the techniques aloud. I haven't tried it, because you need to be a little tired and you must have awoken from a vivid dream.

Edit: We have a topic like this on Lucidipedia. I'll quote Zeeogre:
Quote:
"Personally it's my lucid dreaming bible and has been for a good number of years now. Most of what I've read in other books or on the internet is in that book already. That may be a draw back in itself as you may have already read much of what's in it, but then again you get all that info in one place. So I guess I'm trying to say that I highly recommend it for anyone interested in Lucid Dreaming."

EllyEve
This is not an apple
Dream Deity
EllyEve has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 20+

I found it a fascinating read, of course we owe it to LaBerge for making lucid dreaming accepted-- but, personally, I didn't find the techniques particularly helpful. Lucidity, for me, just comes when it does.

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

I havent read EWLD, but I read another book of Laberge, its called Lucid Dreaming-a conscise guide to awakening in dreams (or something). I found that book interesting (at least the part I read) and I really want to read EWLD

Ill need to read LD-books by Laberge again to tell if my LD's have improved or not wink

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

When I was reading it I was doing all sorts of things at the same time, taking in information from all over.But I did learn the techniques and they are certainly helpful. Since there are a number of them you might find something in there that works. If you are wondering if it is wort the read I can tell you that it most certainly is. Not just for the techinques, which you can find in many places anyway, but for the comprehensive picture of lucid dreaming that you get from it. Understanding them is helpful for improving them.

gobo1357

PostPosted: Tue 15 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

I have read that book. I found it quite interesting even though I think forums are truly the best medium to learn about lucid dreams - since the personal experience varies widely from person to person. After reading his book ,I tried out the WILD method he mentioned and it was quite effective.

~gobo1357

R3TRO
Lucid Jedi
cookie lover

i have read stephen laberge

OddDreamingDreamer
Some odd rank
Somniologist
LD count: 2 MILD 4 DILD

I haven't readed Stephen Laberge, but I did read his book tounge2
Actually I made my mother buy me the book online about 2 years ago and then a few weeks ago I found an electronic PDF version of it. Actually I don't have much trouble with dream recall, IF I put effort in it (and have a good sleep schedule, both factors have been absent for about 8 months at least). But as with actually achieving lucidiy, I haven't made it. Oh and I just readed the book, but did not much more than that.

Current LD goal(s): achieving a steady sleep schedule, then getting proper dream recall
Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
LD4all addict
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d

Ah, I read it like a novel. (I got enjoyment from reading it.)

Finished it in no time.

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Svenshinhan
Dream Walker
Dream Deity
Svenshinhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

If you haven't read much about lucid dreams, then EWLD is an excellent book. I keep it next to my bed. Some of the techniques in there for relaxation and visualization are really useful.

It's got a whole heap of information, teaching you the intricacies of dreams as well as being sort of a how-to guide. Some of the methods may be slightly outdated, but they do work for many people. If nothing else EWLD will greatly enhance your whole understanding of lucid dreams and their applications. Most useful are the many exercises (not just the WILD/MILD ones, but also those not directly related to dreams).

It's true, you can find most of the information on forums, but LaBerge (in my opinion) gives great insights into many aspects of lucid dreaming. So I can highly recommend the book, especially if you're a beginner. For those who are already advanced lucid dreamers it probably won't help much, though.

Current LD goal(s): To expand the world of Silverwind City in my lucid dreams!
Tomothy
Oneiromancer
Astral Explorer
LD count: A few

PostPosted: Wed 16 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

EWLD is the only book on LD that I've read. I didn't really practice many of the exercises aside from RC, MILD and WBTB. I didn't consistently have LD's till quite a while after reading the book.

If I was going to read more on the topic I would really like to read about Tibetan Dream Yogis...

aoolvr

PostPosted: Wed 23 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

I have read this book. There are many exercises within it's pages. For the exersices, I find that I get what I put into them.

Lidybug
Dakini
Astral Explorer
Lidybug has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: More then 20

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

Tomothy wrote:
EWLD is the only book on LD that I've read. I didn't really practice many of the exercises aside from RC, MILD and WBTB. I didn't consistently have LD's till quite a while after reading the book.

If I was going to read more on the topic I would really like to read about Tibetan Dream Yogis...

I have the book The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche I'm looking forward to reading it soon

Tomothy
Oneiromancer
Astral Explorer
LD count: A few

So jealous! Let me know if it's any good?

Fallen Youth
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

i want to read it but dont have any money sadblauw

print