Movie thread Part IV

I’ve seen it for a long time ago. S. Darko is a total different movie than Donnie Darko. This one was just weird and slow. Waste of time.
I totally agree with you.

No explanation needed.The title explains it all.

OK, so:

Wanted- The movie is a disaster.Really.I’m glad I didn’t watch the end.

Space Marines- This is a really crappy movie.But I liked it, cause it was funny how bad it was.My brother and I were laughing all the time.

Japanese ‘‘Battle royal’’ or something like that- The worst movie I’ve seen in years.Maybe ever.You DON’T want to watch it!

Anyway, you don’t want to watch movies with me.
I comment and criticize all the time.I really annoy people with what’s impossible and illogical.

They hate watching movies with me :content:
But I know that’s not nice of me.

Last night I watched The Race to Witch Mountain and Knowing.

Oh, by the way, could you all say whether you liked the movie or not, and all that?

I just watched Much Ado About Nothing… It was very good

District 9 was great,i really loved it.
And i’ve seen Year One recently,i don’t know why it’s weakly rated,i liked it.
Also Constantine was one of the movies i saw recently,and i liked it too :happy:
Ice Age 3 was awesome…so yeah.
Any good comedies lately…?Suggestions?
Errrm…Harry Potter and the half blood prince was dissappointing…The book was a LOT better.

OOH OOH I KNOW!
There’s an awesome book series,called “The Wardstone Chronicles”,or “The Last Apprentice”,in the US.Really nice…They were mentioning something about a movie coming out…
I hope it’s gonna be not too scary(never seen a scary movie :roll: )

has anyone seen Paranormal actevity yet. is it as good as they say it is?

im gonna see saw VI with my gf, ive seen all the saw movies and theyre all awesome :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :grin: :grin: :tongue: :content:

2012 comes out friday cant wait. from what ive heard there are alot of movies coming out about 2012 including a third x files movie, and another Nostradomis based movie. hmm makes me think perhapes we are being prepaired? y2k didnt get nearly as much attention as 2012.

Hehe kava, Ive seen commercial for the movie 2012 and definitely want to see it :gni:

I just saw Blood the last vampire and I loved it! I thought it was full bucket load of epicness! But it was a little far fetched and the american girl’s story was kind of pointless.

I don’t know what “they” say, but it scared the hell out of me last night ;(

i recommend Naked Lunch, and The Hour of the Wolf, have fun.

I watched How to train your Dragon two days ago. It was actually very good. The character design was brilliant too! It’s not just a children movie, it’s great fun!

1 Like

I disagree, I enjoyed this movie. Sure it’s gimmicky and the plot is pretty nonsensical, but it has some interesting premises and unique concepts; and is a generally entertaining film. And I enjoyed the general thread about taking back control of your life. To easy to fall into that worker drone mentality, drifting from day to day.

I agree. This movie was very well done. Its a classic coming of age story at heart, but unique and with plenty of twists. The animation and design in this movie is stunning as well; everything is superbly well done and man does this movie do a good job at capturing the fun and thrill of flying. All around fun! Plus, it has dragons; does it really get any more awesome than that?

Two movies recently;

Taken on Blu Ray

What can I say, it’s an action film. The plot is completely implausible but possible, and basically runs as an excuse to see Liam Neeson… well, shoot some people. And punch some people. The Blu-Ray transfer was horrid, I would have just bought the DVD version but I got the Blu- Ray for 10 dollars from a friend.

Inglourious Basterds on DVD

What a great movie! A very strange movie, and it completely bends reality to the point at which the film quite basically realizes the nonsensical yet powerful ( and rather funny ) storyline and turns the ending into a parody of most WWII war movies, like Saving Private Ryan. Actually, parody isn’t the word I am looking for, but that is the closest I can come to it. Acting was magnificent from Christopher Waltz, who stole the show. Definitely recommended, and even if the whole movie was terrible except for the ending, I still would recommend it.

1 Like

I watched it too, and the 3D flying was deeply inspiring :content:
Wyvern watched it too and transformed into a Night Fury the night after :lol:

i am so amazed by the golden compass, this movie taught me so much , and i LOVE the idea !

are there movies like this, as excellent or better !

nothing dark or scary , but deeply imaginative and of a superb quality

they have got to make those sequels !

movies like edward scissor hands
the new willy wonka
wall-e
big fish
phoebe in wonderland
little miss sunshine
king of california ++++++++++ MUST SEE!
neverwas - amazing amazing
running with scissors
visioneers
things that are so unique and fresh they are mind blowing

Don’t die, little thread! Movies are the best thing ever.

I recently saw both Robin Hood and Kick-Ass. While Robin Hood wasn’t as good as I thought it would be, I’m definitely buying the DVD, because it’s the kind of thing you can throw in and turn your brain off. It holds up pretty well as long as you don’t start thinking about historical accuracy…Plus, it’s got these odd little moments of brilliance in the script, which are then eclipsed by the sheer hamfistedness of the rest of it.

Kick-Ass was a mean, violent mess of a thing. They spend the first 20 minutes of the movie setting up the ‘rules’ of the film - superheroes are only human, none of them have actual superpowers, they’re as easy to beat up as the rest of us, etc. - only to blow it all to shreds when Big Daddy and Hit Girl are introduced. I would go so far as to say the two of them completely ruined the film for me. I genuinely liked Kick Ass himself, and found D’Amico and his kid worthy, formidable villains. I may revisit it eventually, because there’s some interesting film analysis that could be done regarding the father-child relationships.

Next on my list: Princess Mononoke, Wall-E, Stardust

Watched Avatar in 3D, my g-d, best movie ever! Its now my faviorite movie of all time!