Dream catchers

Im started collecting Native american items. I love dream catchers, and mandelos. I have hung one up above where I sleep, and it maybe just a plazebo (spelling) effect, but I havent had any bad dreams sence it has been there. Infact my dreams have become really entersting. Do you think there is any truth to the way a dream catcher works?

IThink nothing has any power over you you don’t give it. I think the native American faith has a lot to offer. Living in Oklahoma USA I’ve met some very wise Indian’s.

I had just hung one over my bed last night, and I realized my dream was so vivid and strange. Usaually my dreams are fuzzy and fragile. So this is really cool :tongue:

I’ve had one hanging on my wall for a long time now, but for me it hasn’t really done anything to improve or hinder my ability to remember dreams or to LD. Mostly it’s because I rarely even realize that I have it. It’s just a really beautiful decoration.

i’ve had my dream catcher for 5+ years, and i’ve only had, like, 3 nightmares during that time frame. :tongue:

so, i dunno. i believe. :woot:

great i’m gonna buy it !

I’ve had one for a while now, but it’s been more of a decoration than an experiment for me. I definitely haven’t had any true nightmares that I can remember since getting it, but I haven’t really paid much attention to it either. Heck, the last few nightmares that I can remember having were when I had just started trying to LD (one of the most vivid ones was my inspiration to start a DJ), so my guess is that paying more attention to what my dreams are about has helped a lot more than the dreamcatcher has. But hey, who knows? :tongue:

I got mine 2 years ago from a very close friend, she got it from her sister when she was in Canada, and it was hand made by Indians. I have it hanging above my head for a while now but still i managed to have some nightmares…i can’t really vouch for it but,nevertheless, i believe in it.

All I know is, then I was little, i would be plagued by nightmares of vampires every night. I made myself a paper dream catch, but it didn’t work. I still had nightmares.
But when I got a real one from my parents for my birthday, I fell in love with it and I stopped having my nightmares.

So I don’t know. They could work.

I remember i saw a dream catcher in a shop…the interesting part is that it had a seperate Eddie-like mask over it :lol: Ironic? :tongue:
Anyways,i believe it’s a mere fake proof(bluff)of security…
But i’ve never hadone and i think you motivated me to get one…
And then who’s the hunt? :ebil:
(Also,i haven’t had any nightmares in the past few years i think…except for ONCE[this summer]…yeah it was kind of creepy,but i won’t get into details…)

PS:I just remembered of another bad dream i had,i think i’ll post it in the journal…

My guess would be placebo effect, PLUS the odour (since it’s the only thing that you can feel when it’s in your room while you’re sleeping). Have you tried bringing it into another room, then smelling it? What does the odour remind you of? (it’s out of pure scientific curiosity :tongue: )