Ever been shot in a dream? part II

I’ve been shot in a dream twice now, both times inside a bank. First time I was in the USA, I think and was shot by a Chinese bank robber. I remember being terrified and begging for my life but the *** shot me anyway. I fell down and really felt like dying, I even saw the blood running out of my chest, dripping on the ground. Never died so vividly in a dream before. Then I woke up catching for breath.
The second time went better. I was shot by Mafiosi in a bank in Malta or Italy, this time ( I think it was last month or two months ago) I didn’t feel anything and realized I wasn’t really shot and became lucid :happy:
So hopefully next time someone points a gun at me I will know I’m dreaming before someone accually sgoots me…(and hopefully I WILL be dreaming :tongue: )

I used to never have dreams about being shot, but I have had two in the past couple weeks. But I think I know why I have them. I usually always sleep on my side, but recently I have been trying to WILD, but when I fail I end up falling asleep on my back.

The two dreams I had about being shot were very different, but they both ended with someone aiming a sniper rifle at me. In both situations I started to panic and I had trouble breathing. I sort of felt like I was choking. Then I slowly wake up, and both times when I woke up I found that I had been sleeping on my back and my mouth was dry. My head had fallen back a bit so that it was angled down. This made me choke on my tongue a bit, and maybe caused the shooting dreams? Maybe my body senses that I am in danger of dying IRL, and therefore quickly puts me in a position to die in the dream? Just an idea.

I’m usually somewhat invulnerable in my dreams. I’ve been shot some times and felt a bit of pain but never died because of guns. Falling down can do the trick though. I did some in-dream suicides that way ( in lucid dreams, of course). Most of the times i simply woke up into reality or another dream while i was still in the mid-air.
I achieved death state in a dream only once, maybe a mounth ago, when i tried to focus on situation and feel it. At first there was some pain, but then the feelings slowly began to fade and thoght processes became slower and harder to perform. In the end there was a second when the only thing i could feel was “Do I still exist?” thought. Then calmness came. I guess that fits my idea of death pretty well.

I’ve never been shot in a dream…
I’ve never been injured in a dream. I’m basically indestructible. I was once being chased by terrorists. I hid in the middle of nowhere, and the guy didn’t find me. :smile:

…Although I really want a nightmare. Maybe I should start watching horror movies. :tongue:

No, but I know who did. Scott Stapp, vocalist for Creed. It even inspired him to write one of their most famous songs about the power of lucid dreaming, Higher. Here’s the story:

“Vocalist Scott Stapp actually wrote the song about the power of lucid dreaming.
The song was written after Stapp used the technique to stop a recurring nightmare he had been experiencing in which he was pursued and killed by a gunman. In the dream, he would turn left at the end of a highway and hide under a bridge, only to be found by his assailant and shot. When he had studied lucid dreaming and tried the technique, he was able to turn right and escape the gunman. Stapp stated that after he wrote the lyrics, he never had the dream again.”

This is what inspired me to give lucid dreaming another try. That’s a pretty epic/amazing story when you think about it. “Can you take me Higher?”
This is also why that song is my signature.

Well…

I don’t recall getting shot. I’ve been shot at, I’ve shot others, but most violence in my dreams is close-combat. One time I got bludgeoned in the head…

Seriously, getting shot at is good enough for me… Though it would be interesting…

I got shot once in a dream, and died. I had a shotgun in an LD, gave it to someone, and told them to blow my head off, just to see what would happen.

I did not know that about Creed. Interesting. :smile:
Never been shot, though I did cut my hand off at the wrist once in a dream. I had recently been wondering what it would feel like, so I guess I dreamed it happening. There was a very dull pain as the knife when through, then when I neared the end numbness spread from the far side of my hand across to where I was cutting before I got all the way through. I think I even had phantom pains after, wierd feeling.

The other day I had a dream where some secret government-agent military guy shot me at point blank range with an assault rifle, but I didn’t feel anything. I know he got me though because there was a little bloodless hole in my chest that quickly closed up on itself and disappeared. :slight_smile:

Well, although this wasn’t my first dream involving gun shots, it was my first one where i died! i mean, i died and didn’t wake up, at least not right away.
It all happened pretty fast; i got shot in the forehead and then everything went black! instantly! total darkness! and i thought
“sh*t, i’m dead… well, that makes sense since they shot me at the head… it did’n hurt much though…” lol. this seems a bit funny now that i’m writing it! anyway, some thoughts kept coming for a minute or two (like “i hope my folks will be alright” or “well, i guess this is it” etc) until i wondered “is this really happening? or…”
at that point i opened my eyes, waking up…

Nice find with that Creed song!
The only time i died in a dream was in a ND: i was the head of a slave rebellion, and a undulating metal door was the only barrier we had against the suppression force, an army lead by a friend of mine; he convinced my slaves with words to open the door, despite my efforts, and when i realized it was too late i run, only to get shot from behind by a crossbow that fired a metal stick, that got me in the chest; i died, but i felt nothing, and i actually went on with the story (it was a videogame-like death, with the extra lives and stuff), still being hunted. I hid behind some pylons, while he was still on my traces, and managed to dodge his next shots and make it to the bright exit (safe at last!) :content:

Multiple times.

The first one I remember, I was in my old grandmother house, and some crazy woman was killing everyone. First by throwing knives through the floor, then found me upstairs and riddled me with bullets from a sub-machinegun. I promptly died and saw myself dead from a third-person perspective briefly before the dream ended.

Another time I actually shot myself in the head, which stung a bit (!), and had blood pouring out of it for the rest of the dream, occasionally going into my eyes. It tickled a bit too afterwards.

Most recently I was shot and just ignored it. I’m getting more bullet-proof over time it would seem.

Ahh… Just the topic I wanted to see.
A few nights ago I had a dream where I was shot. This time it hurt like hell. I’ve never felt that much pain in a dream before. It rivals some of the worst pain I’ve had in real life too.
The gun look was like this: image.com.com/gamespot/images/20 … een002.jpg

Note to self: Do not think of pain before going to bed.
Sorry if I’ve scared anyone. :tongue:

Well, to be honest, it wasn’t you that scared me, it was that beast gun :eek:

Not that I wouldn’t be curiuos as well to face that sort of pain. If I can experience it and then wake up without any sort of permanent damage, then it’s only educational :cool_raz:
Some people argue pain is a lesson life gives you when it’s too late, that is, when the damage is done. Now, i’m getting that lesson for free! Wheeee!

Yes, but it was very strange because it didn’t hurt.

The guy shot me, and I slumped to the floor (I was already sitting down before he shot me), and then I came back to life again somewhere else. This was in a normal dream.

I was sort of reliving a movie, where after crazy ship adventures in the Polar sea, we would return to M’s house to split the treasure. I actually walked there because I had fallen from the ship :tongue: and it was part of the plot, since there would be a betrayal, and all other dwarves would be killed by M’s father, in order to get all the treasure. (I was Dopey) The fence would have partially hidden me, but I wasn’t fast enough (I had a clear FM flash of how things were supposed to be, with me going to tell Snow White, crying, and getting him arrested or something), so he spotted me, shot Doc, then went for me. I tried to shield myself with two newspapers, but that didn’t stop the bullet to the head. There was no pain, mine was just a part, and I fell to the ground, following the script. Then came a second-in-charge, who shot me a second time, so I’d “learn to think twice before singing”: the shot grazed my head, but hurt more than the one before, and made me wake up on the spot, with me smiling and thinking “You’ve been busted this time, R” (R as in my name).

I wasn’t really shot by a gun, but I killed with a throwing knife in a nightmare by a dark person I couldn’t identify. I felt no pain, because I woke up (I sweat a lot).

I actually have been shot in a dream, with a really big rifle :bored:
A quarter of my arm whre blown off, however I didn´t feel any pain :content:

I have been shot in a dream on two occasions. the first one wasnt painful at all and i think i just woke up but the second, now that was something. First of all i was lucid but i had no control of anything, i just knew i was dreaming. So I got shot as i was falling from a three story building and i felt this indescribable burning sensation where i was hit. i fell painlessly to the ground and everything just began to fade away, everything went black and all my senses were gone and i just thought to myself…“im dead”. about a minute later i woke up in that very same dream but i had lost my lucidity and it became a school play. it was pretty cool i might add.

Well, my friends have been shot in my dreams.
I’ve felt bullets pass me.
I’ve felt the bang of the gun. (Yes, felt it.)
But I’ve never been shot.
Once, two of my friends were shot at point blank range, while I was about 5 feet away. I just ran, expecting to die any minute. The dream soon ended, though.