RL feels constantly like a dream.

I don’t know if this is the same thing, but every once in a while I’ll get the feeling like my life is some sort of cartoon that I’m watching. Like I’m not me, I’m just watching me on TV and everything around me is fake.
Does it feel kinda like that?

What is real?

Yeah! Its just like that!

Well I too daydream alot. I dunno, even you sit down to meditate, the activity which youre doing (repeating a sound in your mind) makes it kind of different than just daydreaming. There’s a whole psychology-science behind it.

But yeah I know what you mean about constraints… Lately Ive been trying to break all of them just to see what happens :happy: Try to live as much as possible!

Yeah, I definitely had that experience the first time I smoked weed.

But aside from that, I also have the whole detachment feeling occasionally as well. I personally think it’s from playing video games so much when I was a little kid, but I haven’t ever read a whole lot about it. It usually happens at night for me, though.

I tried cognitive therapy (or field-of-thought-therapy which is kind of the same thing.) It didn’t help that much, but I had a small sensation of “coming back” from the depersonalization. The thing about the therapy is to find places on the body which are restrained and “contain” the stress that causes the trauma. We found something in my chest and she noticed I wasn’t breathing much. When we tried to relieve the stress, by talking about the emotion and worries connected with the place on the chest, I felt a certain sorrow, almost felt like I was going to cry. Maybe I need to see the therapist more to relieve the stress momentum…?

But then something happened, a few days ago. I was talking to my GF about the same issue and worry that me and my therapist found, and this time i genuinely let the sorrow out and cried a bit… After she went home, I sat and read a bit in a book, and then all of a sudden something just snapped and I suddenly could listen to the ambience around me genuinely, without it sounding far away and distant and unreal. I still look at the world around me and it feels not real, and sometimes the sounds are also unreal, but if I focus abit, the hearing comes back again. It feels so fresh and big and real. Maybe I need to outspeak whatever that sits in the chest…?

What do you guys think?

I think you should keep trying. I’m pretty sure I have the same thing as you now =/ I mean, I walk down the street and I look at everything as though it’s just a kind of picture, I don’t really consider the lives that other people I don’t know may lead, it’s like I’m avoiding something, and I’m pretty sure it’s something to do with the past

The meditation technique i tried out was transcendental meditation, and I recommend absolutely no one to try this out, and those who do regularily practise it, should stop immediately. The meditation in itself can be a good thing, but not worth the 1700 dollars which the TM-organization is charging the course. The organization behind it however is claiming it to be “the best, easiest and non-religious meditation technique out there” and is doing lots of “research” on the meditation. They’re comparing it with other techniques and comes to the conclusion that it is the best.

First of all: ITS NOT THE F***ING BEST OKAY?! After taking the course i found maybe 5-7 other techniques which was equally as good, if not better in some cases, and definetly cheaper.

Second: ITS NOT EASY!!
TM-organization claims that if you want the benefits of the meditation you need to do it twice a day 20 mins each, once in the morning before breakfast, and once in the afternoon. This made it extremely hard for me at first as i had to go to school at 8am. The meditation would sometimes make me low-tempered and give me headaches at times, which didn’t make the day easier but harder. My “teacher” (as they like to call themselves) told me that the headaches would pass, but they haven’t.

Third: ITS HIGHLY RELIGIOUS!
…if not the MOST religious meditation-technique out there. The people of the TM-organization are comparable to the christian fanatics who still believe the earth is flat. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the founder of the TM-organization is being worshipped and headlessly followed by the teachers of TM, and I’ve witnessed this. I asked a teacher why the price is so high, the teacher replied that “only Maharishi truly knows that, and even though i agree that the price is too high, I don’t want to question his actions simply because its Maharishi who knows best”. No joke.

Final:
The TM-organization is nothing else than a misleading, new-agey, religious propaganda cult. It should be stopped before it becomes to powerful.

I occasionally get it.

Usually when I ponder at things.
It comes with a wave of unnecessary emptiness.

Then I snap back.

…For some reason I feel extremely depressed after making this post. :bored:

I’m

Its probably me and my rant about TM… I’m sorry guys but i really needed to vent that stuff. TM is what got me this depersonalization stuff, so I couldn’t stress more that people shouldn’t try it out.

I have the same thing. It’s called derealisation. I’ve never took drugs or so but it simply started one day.

Maybe you’re dead and we’re all a part of your afterlife-dream? :tongue:

Childhood, have you done any more of that cognitive therapy? It gave the impression that it had some result…

WAKE UP :razz:

I know how you feel- this started happening to me a couple of years ago and still hasn’t stopped- it has a lot to do with depression. It’s become a bit better recently. It also helps to eat healthily apparently- After going vegetarian I got a little better- but the best thing to do is definitely to not worry about it :happy:

I’ve been striving to get out of this for sometime now. It has gotten better, sort of to an extent where I’m constantly in and out of it all the time, but it certainly has gotten better. Maybe I’ll be completely out of it in a few months perhaps?

I’m thinking maybe everyone has it once in a while to some extent. I remember getting it after the first time smoking hash, but it was definetly not as much as it was after i meditated for the second time. The big question is: how the hell would MEDITATION do such a thing??

Well anyway. Things are getting better, but i really makes me depressed still feeling it. It feels like I’m missing out on life because of it. I’m experiencing great things in my life right now, but I don’t feel them having an impact on me.

I wished I never meditated, I wish i was able to see through that whole fucked up organization and stop this from happening to me.

Maybe there is someway to make this dissapear through lucid dreaming?

I feel the same as you too Childhood, and I simply can’t be assed to constantly overthink anymore, so I’m trying to LET experiences in life have an impact on me e.g I have yet to meet up with someone I’ve met further away from where I live and keep a kinda connection with them. I dunno, it’s probably nothing new to you but perhaps you should chill out a little and enjoy not experiencing life be too seriously, it’s worked wonders for me, people I met over half term often said I’m just so relaxed and it’s great to have that feeling that life isn’t too serious and have other people like you for it :happy:

tl;dr
but
Meditation will help us wake up, first natural step is the experience/realization that it’s all a dream. Just focus on complete enlightenment and the realization of what is intransient/illusory…depersonalization/derealization happens no one said the whole process would be easy. Also sounds like you have an overactive crown chakra issue, work on grounding yourself better. You could practice some simple Zen techniques to help you enjoy the small things/be in the moment…

Quote from removed spam post deleted, nice to welcome the spammer though, but she/he/it is goneth now :ebil:

Back on topic, isn’t Lucid dreaming fairly easy for you in that state? Then try asking the dream, or your SC, if this is a bad thing or not, and how can you cope with it. You should really know in what direction you want to head before you make any serious decision.