Auto-suggestion

I’m sorry if there’s already a topic about this :shy: I couldn’t seem to find one, and this place seemed like the right place to put this.

Every weekday, I know I need to wake up for school around 6:40. My alarm goes off at 5:30 at my dad’s house and 6:00 at my moms.

I always turn in off because I still have time to rest, and I always wake up around the same time every morning. (Ex. 6:48, 6:40, 6:34, 6:50.) All in the same ballpark. So anyway, I was wondering:

Is this auto-suggestion, or just my body waking up because it’s done resting.
If it is auto-suggestion, is it common to be this successful?

My body wakes up automatically too before my alarm rings too. I’m not sure however, that this is what you’d call auto-suggestion. I think it’s more of a mantra like when you tell yourself repeatedly that you will realize when you are dreaming. :wink:

It depends if you are just waking up naturally at that time or you had set the intention to wake up before going to sleep.

There is an older topic discussing this …but it may have been primary a topic about dream recall or telling yourself you will become lucid.

I do intend to wake up at the time when I go to sleep, in fact I expect it.
The thing is, I don’t repeatedly tell my self to wake up at the time.

I don’t know if it can be called auto-suggestion… I guess that’s just your biological clock who got used to your routine. It happens to me whenever my daily life and timings start to be repetitive - like when I had to go to school every morning, like you.