First Lucid Dream Ever

First off if this needs to be moved I’m sorry.

So I’ve known about lucid dreams for a long time now… but I’ve never actively tried to have them… don’t ask me why… anyway I had my first lucid dream several mornings ago… it’s really gotten me interested in being able to have lucid dreams often.

There were no triggers that I can recall… it was very strange… even after knowing most of the dream signs such as text changing… even though I’ve seen them in my dreams it never triggered lucidity… I remember one specific dream that I was trying to call my girlfriend on a cellphone and the keypad was all messed up… I would find the correct numbers input a few, look up to see what I had entered so far and it would be gibberish… I did enter the right number fully eventually but it didn’t trigger lucidity despite knowing that’s one of the biggest and most obvious signs. I was more frustrated than confused.

Anyway like I said I don’t remember any triggers in my dream… the earliest I remember was walking down the steps of an entrance to some big building during the daytime… perhaps a church… when suddenly for no reason I thought “This is a dream” to myself… and I just knew it was at that point and was fully aware… and I can’t remember anything that caused me to think that… next I thought to myself “if this is a dream then I should be able to fly”… so I stopped walking and concentrated and a second later I started to float up. I started to get pretty high and it felt so real and vivid… stomach sensations and everything… then I panicked and started to lose control and I started to fall back towards the ground… everything went hazy as I was falling and I woke up.

I’m very excited though cause that’s the first time I have ever been aware of being in a dream.

I am going to start doing reality checks and stuff like that… but what do you guys think about this? Since I know you all have more knowledge and experience than I do.

Ok now I’m actually starting to doubt myself here… is it possible that I just dreamt I was lucid? Or is that absurd? I definitely thought “this is a dream” but does that necessarily mean I was lucid? I’ve never been lucid before this so I can’t really tell… what do you guys think?

It is possible to just dream that you are lucid. That is called a FLD. It is kind of hard to tell weather or not it was a real LD ounce you wake up from a FLD and are trying to remember it, but I think that you were definitely Lucid if you remember noticing that you were dreaming and then losing control, because you can’t remember losing control if you never had it for real in the first place. So congradulations on your first LD :happy:
And welcome to the forum! :welcome:

First things first, if you knew it was a dream it gets the connotation of lucid, period. So congratulations ^^

As for the missed opportunities of getting lucid, I would suggest you to retrace what was going on in those particular moments in the dream, and ask yourself: why didn’t I get conscious in there? What kept me from knowing it’s a dream? Be honest with yourself, and write down what you get as answers.
As for your first LD, that pretty much shows to you that you can get lucid spontaneously, with a little help from your SC :wink: just be confident in your possibilities, I’m sure those will come more often.

It was very weird… it almost felt like my SC just set it up for me… because I’ve been interested in LDs before… it’s like my SC just set up the scenario of my dream then let me know it was a dream. I’ve had very strange things happen in dreams and I’ve always believed them… the strangest thing to me here is that I just randomly knew… that’s the only reason I doubt whether I was actually aware. I’ve never had an LD before and I’m 21.

As I was walking down the steps “This is a dream” pops into my thoughts. I take a few more steps and think “If this is a dream then I should be able to fly.” So I stop and concentrate on flying and succeed at first but then I panic and start to fall and then I wake up. I remember it all fairly clearly.

I remember a lot of a dream I had this morning, but it wasn’t lucid. Although I did exert some control at one point. I was being threatened by a man after I did something to anger him… I got some water on his stereo that was in a bathroom stall. He was getting ready to punch me and I just said No! and closed my dream eyes like I was wincing… when I opened them he was just kinda staring at me blankly… then soon he threatened me again and I did the same thing. Eventually he threatened me with a gun and then a threat came that threatened both of us so we both ran and I got away from both threats… I can’t remember what the second threat was.

Then I was in a car downtown in my home town… just waiting and observing people… I have to go to work now but there was a lot more to my dream that I remember… the strangest part being one of my old acquaintances getting into the car and I said “I was worried you’d get in… I didn’t want you to because I have nothing positive to tell you.” and at one point he said “I woke up with morning and I no longer had a father…” it was very odd… I remember a little from before the guy threatened me and from after the car ride after my friend got in… but I know there was a lot more to my dream

Remember to interpret your dreams, most are telling you very important things about yourself and your relationship with others, on multiple levels, so be sure to find out what each symbol means.

Besides, it’s only a matter of confidence and practice before you get to remember more and more of your dreams :content: While you’re writing, just tell yourself you’ll remember more than you did yesterday! :colgate:

Yeah… most of the time while trying to remember a dream there are parts that are pretty clear and big chunks that are hazy… I tend to get blurry stills in lieu of motion memory alot.

About getting lucid spontaneously, it’s the same with me. I never do RC and only now and then I get a succesfull WILD (although I tend to get more spontaneous LD s after trying to have a WILD and failing).

I wonder if it’s a common thing. It’s just as you said, I keep missing dreamsign after obvious dreamsign, and out of nowhere, when it’s less likely, I just know I’m dreaming.