Not having to preform a reality check

Each time I am at a strange place, hear something having to do with dreams, or just at random I check if I’m dreaming but looking at my hands. My hands are not “stable” inside my dream and I always have them at hand (stupid pun not intended). I thorouly check if I’m not asleep by checking my hands, surrounding and my last activities.

The thing is, when I’m dreaming thinking “is this a dream” is enough for me. I do not have to check, I just feel I’m dreaming. Furthermore I had many lucid dreams without using any techniques, the feeling was enough. It’s like, for example, cold; you don’t walk outside preforming a cold check to see if your cold, the sensation of cold is enough.

If I 'm about to jump out of my window and the dream seems very realistic I do preform a reality check though. Just to make sure.

Is anybody else able to just feel if it is a dream?

Yep. I think it comes with training. I’ve had 40 LD’s and after something like 20-30 I’m most of the times becoming lucid before the RC. But i do RC’s every time anyway just to make sure and feel safer.

Yes I do RC’s too to feel safer, the fun thing is: Sometimes I know I’m dreaming, I fly out my bed to my window, push my self trough the window, but still I have to do an RC just to be sure before flying away.

Once I wanted to fly out of my window but fell instead. The way down I really thought I foolishly flung myself out of a window.

Anybody ever had a real false positive?

LOL :thumbs:

Well, this is actually the ideal,
Just noticing the feeling.

That’s exactly how naturals work!

At first, I was really surprised that at most of of my LDs I didn’t even thought about trying to RC, I just knew it was a dream.

i agree
dont need to check

just make sure its a dream lol

Well, that’s why most people do a RC :tongue:
jk, I know what you mean, it’s quite the same for me. A failed RC rarely surprises me, it’s just to obtain higher lucidity, I got the clues already :lol:
Besides, it makes me smile to see all these dreamers thinking in a dream to do a RC and become lucid with the thought only, shows they’re on the right way :good:

Well, it doesn’t have to come with practice as someone said…
You seem the same thing happens to me.
I’ve never performed a reality check in my whole life.

I don’t have, I just realize I’m dreaming.
It’s not because of all the supernatural things around me, I just know.

The cold check is a good explanation.

Two days ago I had a dream where I was in our basement to get some tools.
After I was done I wanted to turn off the light.
And of course the light switch didn’t work.
(Light-Switch is a known RC)
I wasn’t wondering why it didn’t work, I was just annoyed.
After I tried several light switched the light would finaly turn off.

It didn’t got me lucid. Of course not! A dragon could have come and pick me up and I would just have thought “well I’m glad to finaly get out of that basement”

My point is: It’s a dream (The logical part of the brain is not active) I take things like this for granted.
That’s why I only do RC when I feel like it and something really strange happens.

Everyone takes this for granted.

Otherwise, we would all be lucid dreaming

In every dream we see something supernatural…be it a dragon, flying people, magic, transformations or a screaming cactus.
We just take some things for dream signs…or RCs if you will.

I don’t take anything for a dreamsign, probably because I never do RCs and because I become lucid spontaneously, just like that.

If you train and decide that you will use a dragon for a reality check, then you will maybe become lucid when you see one.

Strangely light switches always do work in my dreams. I wonder why they don’t work for most people, maybe the change in scenery is too big, or they just don’t work because everybody keeps telling that they don’t.

I was dreaming once that a friend a I where walking trough a train station. In the lobby the band of Walking Life was playing the music of that movie. I asked my friend “What are they doing here?”, on which he replied “They are here to tell travelers that they’re dreaming.” on which I replied “Oh cool”, and I walked on to get my bike from the bicycle stands.

Just getting to the point of not having to do a realty check. although sometimes i still do just to make sure. I’ve had LD’s my whole life and am looking for anyone else who has had the same thing. Frustrating to not be able to really talk with anyone around me in my life about this part of my life who would really understand.

In my LDs (which are only a few, so I can talk very surely), I never needed to perform reality checks (or at least I don’t remember those parts, but I think I’m pretty sure). My lucidity always starts by me thinking “This is a dream.” without any reality checks (and the only one I do usually is the hand trick). Is this something bad? Should I be doing more RCs?

RCs just became a habit to me. the nose thing is just instinct now. i always do it in rl or dreams. because of this i do it almost every dream so i go lucid a lot

I usually just become spontaneously lucid and use a RC to double-check it. Sometimes, the RC fails (as in, it makes me think I’m NOT lucid) but I still KNOW that I am dreaming.

RCs never work for me. I have terrible memory so I forget to RC in a dream. But IRL I do question things a lot, I have to justify everything. I’ve never had a lucid dream from RC, they’ve all been spontaneous or I just know.

I sometimes know its a dream without reality check. I dont know how because my lucid dreams arent so realistic.