Somniologist
LD count: i LD at will

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jan, 2010  Reply with quote

i feel pain but maybe cuz thats how i have ma head programed
i wanna take precautions in LD 's because i dont wanna just be like weee

and then i act it on real life and get screwed lol

Marinada

I also feel pain in dreams. Once I fell from a roof, and my legs hurt real bad when I hit the ground. It did however turn the dream into a lucid dream, because I realised I'd have died if I was awake. But the pain persisted for quite some time, and I remember being surprised that I didn't wake up because of it.

Dacombe
Demimonde
Novice dreamer

On the occasions when I've felt pain in a LD I find that it's very realistic. Once I tried to fly by leaping into the air but it didn't work and I just fell to the earth which hurt a lot just as it would do in real life. I remember being confused when it hurt as I'd read that in dreams you could feel no pain. That dream was very vivid and realistic and I remember doubting at that point as to whether I was actually in a lucid dream or awake. Then later on in the same dream I was fighting with a DC and he kept kicking me and punching me in the stomach. So to escape I woke up on purpose and remember feeling bruised where the DC had hit me. That feeling lasted quite for quite a while after I'd woken up, which is bizzare as I'd sustained no actual injury. xD

d3struct
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: i LD at will

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jan, 2010  Reply with quote

that has happend to me
your body acts out on it

i dont know how to explain that right there

Drahcir
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jan, 2010  Reply with quote

Yes I feel pain in lucid and normal dreams too. So pinching myself as a RC would work. Though the pain in a normal dream is a very strange one, it's a very irritating and VERY painful pain. It can continue for a long time, I always try to wake myself, but usually I get into a SP should I succeed. If I'm fully awake the pain stop immediately.

lucid-wolf

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan, 2010  Reply with quote

I find if it's self inflicted I get no pain eg flying and face planting onto a road from 200 metres
but if someone or something else does it I get pretty realistic pain eg getting bitten by a tigre shark while having a swim it feels like iv been stabbed but disappears seconds later.

What happens once though was in a dream I got shot by a terrorist in the stomach, didn't hurt as much as it should of but when I woke up cramps and pains in my stomach stuck around all day (wierd)

WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan, 2010  Reply with quote

I had a fishing hook in my finger with some blood in a ND a while ago but i had no pain at all, perhaps a little tickling but no more.

print