Different styles of flying

My general style of flying is like the of Super Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I start jogging, then I sprint, then I finally throw my body forwards and my arms backand my feet just rise off the ground. It works a treat and I find it fairly maneuverable.

Normally I don’t have trouble flying, but sometimes it’s just funny when it’s not happening for me in a LD. Last week, for example, I was trying to fly through a grocery store, but what actually happened resembled scooting across the concrete floor on my stomach. Does that count as a flying style? :wink: I call it “the worm.” hehe

Nice tips on how to help flying im sure they will come in handy for me. I havent flown yet, but it is something I would simply love to try. My friend although did fly last night and she said she just ran and bursted through her window, flown for a couple seconds but then lost control and fell down to the ground. she said it didnt hurt though even though she landed on her back…

HEY PEOPLE,
Don’t you suppose to do watever you want?
Doesn’t your imagination suppose to be your limit?
There souldn’t be one style that works and another that don’t, you shouldn’t have problems at all.
It’s all in your head, guys. :smile:

Hahaha, I had a LD this night (first one since February or March) :tongue:
I tried the superman-style for the first time. It seems that my right hand has more power than the left one, which makes me go round and around.
And I tried my new cool “jet shoes”. They had so much power, that I became up-side-down and I became dizzy. It was scary.

you know what i’ve done before, it’s a technique i kinda made up one time, idk, someone else has probably figured it out b4

i call it the iron man technique. it’s almost like superman technique, but you build up energy in your hands as well as in your feet, and point them towards the ground like iron man does in that movie. it worked pretty well for me

yeah, i’ve had that in a ND, tho, without the energy in ur hands, just the feet :smile:

what about fire flying? like torch does in fantastic 4, u’ll start burning and…yeah, I think almost everyone knows what I am talking about :wink: anyone tried it?

I guess my style of flying is based on swimming too :smile: I learned it as a child, and that dream felt so real that after that it was hard for me to believe that I can’t fly in real life XD

The trick is to simply imagine (or realize) that you’re weightless, and to start with, you can for instance lift up your feet when you’re standing (that’s how I started) and notice, that you’re still floating in the air :smile: Then you can continue by “grabbing the air” under your arms/feet, like if it was water, and swim off :tongue:
In my experience it isn’t even slow - one can be a really fast swimmer, you know :tongue: Maybe it was the natural way for me, 'cause swimming has been my hobby since a child, but I guess that even if you’re a very slow swimmer in real life you can learn to swim (fly) fast in dreams :happy:

An other method, that I randomly use, is quite hard to explain! To start with, you need to have something soft, like a small ball, in your hand (later it can be just air), and when you squeeze it, an energy wave lifts you up XD Just like if the energy, that goes to squeezing the object, would be transferred into the air… This sounds (and kinda is) really weird, and I have no glue, what it is based on XD But if it helps someone, that’s great :tongue:

The easiest way for me is the “Nothing”, I just kinda start and It’s easy to control no problems with speed height, and can stop/turn on a dime.

That or imagining flying, but usually it’s like another muscle I control with my mind.

I can only push myself up and jump very high

Your object assistance method is the most successful technique I’ve tried (after having so so results just willing myself to fly, I used a jetpack instead).

Another way I’ve tried is I think more along the gravitational method. For instance I once looked into the air an an LD and the moon was full, so I imagined I was being pulled towards it and the moon was getting bigger and bigger, and in that way I was able to fly to the moon.

in my next LD i plan to attempt (or just do) to fly freely with my legs crossed, using the minds willpower. only because flying came so easily for me and i know limits don’t exist.

I’ve only had one LD so far but it was one in which I was flying (Never flown in a dream before. Lifelong ambition fulfilled!). The method seemed quite intuitive to me (it’s something I’ve thought about in waking life before) and comes from reading comics and doing Kung-Fu.

In Kung-Fu all movement comes from the lower dantian. This is the centre of gravity located behind the navel. Essentially, it’s what gives power and speed and solidity to all your movements, punches and kicks. All of them pivot out from this centre. It’s point of balance for your whole body. When dream-flying, every movement I made also originated from here. It was almost like having a gyroscope inside me, located inside the lower dantian, keeping balance and allowing me to change direction with precision.

It’s the way I always imagined Superman flying, with all lift coming from just the will to fly and all balance and lift pulled from this area. Before my dream let me fly, it trained me to move small 2D videogame characters with my mind, showing how to use my will to make movement. Then I got put in my body and was able to combine these two things. My flying wasn’t perfect by any means, it was bouncy and wobbly, but it felt right to me and with a bit of practice I’m sure I can nail it.

haha i do martial arts too and i too flew easily on my first attempt. also that locus of control feels pretty much euphoric when it is expressed out of you.

If any of you have played Super Mario 64, you should try jumping like Mario does when he’s attempting to fly. :cool:

It goes like this:

You start off by running, and while running you hop, then hop again, and on the third jump you hop even higher determined to fly like Super Mario!
If you have played the game try to imagine the music that comes while Mario’s flying.

You know, this sounds like a great idea :razz: I’ll try to remember it. I’ll also have to play the game again and see exactly how he does it :content:

Hmm, speaking of mario64 theres another way too :grin: you can try imagine to have the silly hat with wings and use that one to fly :tongue:

Or was it with that hat Retros method was used? hmmm :meh:

What about creating a powerup that enables the user to fly, take the flight powerup from Quake 3 for example.

Yeah, kind of, but I was thinking about flying without the hat in the dream.
Don’t be afraid to try with the hat too though, if it’s your size then go ahead. :woo:

I actually thought about this topic in my LD, when i were going to fly! :happy:

check it out [color=darkblue]https://community.ld4all.com/t/supersebbes-dreamjournal/31769/19] or go to my DJ :content: