waking up

Well, taking advantage the snow day today, I did what LaBerge recommends and stayed up an hour before going back to sleep. It took me about another hour to start actually sleeping, but when I did I had quite a few lucid dreams. I even know I was dreaming because I had tactile sensations coming from them. Thing is, they were very short. I would have a short ND, realise I was dreaming and wake up. I don’t remember getting over excited, and I even tried to stabilise the dream by touching the environment (in past lucid dreams I’ve found this to be the most successful method), but I would still wake up and it would take me another few minutes to get back to sleep. I think it had something to do with REM cycles (dreams towards the beginning of cycles are shorter than ones toward the end) but I’m not exactly a somniologist. What do you guys think?

My lucid dream started becoming longer when I started worrying about the quality instead of the length.
I don’t know if you do this, but if you are only busy with keeping in your lucid dream you’ll enjoy it less and probably wake earlier. I had to learn this the hard way which took a long time.

Hm, sounds like some good advice! Since I still have the short LD problem I’ll try that. But what do you call ‘quality’? :tongue: Vividness? the amount and type of fun or adventure? I mean, did you actually stop in the dream and try to make it more vivid or just go along and have some fun?

its true

It plays hard to get << LOL
just act like ur stalking it ,

cuz then u have to focus on it
try asking questions about ur image

tons of me like 100

why is this like that , why this , why , why , why

Truly a wonderful advice to follow. Gotta thank you, Drahcir, this thing has been going around in my head for a lot of time, but putting it into these words made it, thanks again. :colgate:

Makes sense. Seems like everything comes along when you don’t worry about it (or think positively).