Most success during Naps

I’ve been a big fan of Lucid Dreaming for almost a year now and have been trying almost every night, early morning to OBE. I’ve even been following a cool presentation series from Saltcube. My fail/success ratio has been pretty bad though and I could never seem to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Until about two months ago. I always take naps in my car at lunch, and 80 percent of the time I become lucid. Even when I really just want to go to sleep. They never last long, each session feels like 5 minutes, then I have a false awakening (I think) and have another, and it loops this way for half an hour.

To the point where I will have about 5 to 6 lucid dreams total during the nap. They are not completely vivid and stable, although today’s session was the most vivid and stable I’ve ever had.

What’s cool is, the tricks about rubbing your hands, or concentrating your vision on one item to make the dream more vivid really work, especially if you use it both at the same time.

Anyway, my question is, why am I so succesfull during my naps, but not in the early morning or at night? I’ve only had 4 OBE’s at night, and maybe 2 in the early morning. But have had almost one every time I took at nap at lunch for the past two months?

Maybe your brain is still very active if you wall asleep during the day for a small nap. Have you tried the WBTB method, it might work very well for you?

I feel like I tried them all… WBTB makes me too awake when I get back to bed, whether I get up for 45 minutes and return to sleep, or get up don’t move and try to go back to sleep right away. none of them seems to have worked for me. WILD I’ve had some success, but not a lot. Even others that required visualization while falling asleep results in me just falling asleep… unless I’m taking a nap. I agree though, my mind may be active enough to trigger the lucidity in the afternoon like that. I’m not complaining at all anyway, just curious. I’m glad I’m able to have such success with it… I just wish I could be as succesfull at night, or early morning.

Similar topic, “I heard naps are good”