Make it last : my experience

Hello !

I’d like to talk here about my experiences in LDs to make the dream last longer.

Things that worked for me :

• Read numbers

It worked twice ! The first time I discovered it was few months ago, after I realised I was dreaming, when I felt the dream was vanishing or fading, I quickly grabed a cloth and concentrated on the numbers on the label. I did this four times in the dream, and each time the dream would become clear again and I could continue what I was doing. I read that in dreams, in you try to read something twice, it will often be different than the first time you read it. What was important there, was to concentrate on what numbers I could read, and say them aloud, repeat them, so that I had control on the dream again.

• Concentrate on something
    It worked a month ago, never occured before. When I felt I was losing control on the direction of the dream or when it was fading, I put my hands in front of me and concentrated on them. They slowly had clear lines again, just like in real life, and I could continue my journey.

I’ll post something about how I discover I am having a LD, if I find the section :smile:

I’ll try the reading numbers thing. For me, most of the time, text is completely chaotic though :neutral:

I once had a dream like that : there was a letter for me and if I read it, I knew I would find all the answers to my questions. Unfortunately I was not able to find a proper place to read it, and when I read it once, twice, the letter kept changing, I was unable to make sense of all of this, and the little thing I understood, I was thinking I will forget this when I’ll wake up, as always ^^

But it’s strange how letters and numbers are different. Read a letter and read number is different. And I only look once at a label and the fact that I concentrate on the number made the dream clearer. I read the same thing in the tutorial of LD4all : try to make maths to increase your lucidity ! You activate your left side of the brain, and so, you are more conscious, just like in RL.

Man since I came here I work late, but I am also so impatient to go to bed. I have to work hard to relax more and let things go ^^ but not when I’m lucid, cause it’s concentration that makes me gain more lucidity.
I want to try the “grab your clothes” tip to increase lucidity :smile:

Hm, I hadn’t thought reading numbers and letters could be different. I’ll really try to remember to do it in my LD tonight! (no I don’t LD every night, this just helps boost confidence :wink: )

And I also find it hard to relax and let things go. I’m slowly getting better at it, I think. It comes after some time. :tongue: