Real Time Clock, Calculator, Real Physics

@warning
I’m very sorry if it’s in not proper category.

I’ve a question if sb have tried it? Has anyone had a well-working clock or a calculator which counts good in a dream?
Real physics are possible but hard for beginners.

Technology does work well for some, including clocks and calculators.
Moreover, what do you mean by real physics? By just experimenting them? That’s just what happens until stated otherwise, the dream follows the basic rules of reality, until you bend them. So the bark of a tree will feel rough, objects will fall to the ground, water will condensate on a cold window if you breath on it.

But will them fall with the real acceleration (~9,81 m/s^2)?

It depends on your expectations. They do if you think they will, or you’re not paying attention, because that’s what you’re used to. Dream objects you interact with, however, can respond in weird ways, like in this example hovering, or falling up :tongue:

well, you can fly or go thru objects in a dream, so thats not so real physics^^
@topic: it can function if you want it to i would say… what about making an experiment about that? i would take part.

Hehe, physics…
The difference between RL and a dream is that you could probably test the physics of a dream much more easily (manifest some physics testing device? Like to test gravity?)
But it could also give varying results, and turn out to not be accurate at all. :razz:

Well that depends if you break the laws of physics (and realize it) during the dream at all.

Because then the dream realizes “Hey! Real physics doesn’t matter here!”

Or at least that would happen to me.

I understand the clock and calculator part, but why would you want real physics? half the fun in LD’ing is not being bound by physics.

No criticism, just curious.

Yeah, bending gravity is such fun to do ^^
Anyway, to generalize, in dreams everything plays up to your expectations, so if you want to experiment with slowing time only in some places, or molecules that are as big as beach balls, go ahead and do it :wink: Your imagination is your only limit.

I’ve actually found that clocks and calculators don’t function properly in my dreams. The clocks I look at have strange times on them, (Such as 20:133 or something strange like that) and calculators don’t show the correct solutions to math problems.

Yeah, I thought electronics didn’t work in LDs?
I know that light switches and clocks don’t work in my LDs. Although my PC does work (although in a very strange fluid way).

It really depends on how much I’m concentrating and what I expect to see. If I expect to see the lights switch off, they switch off. Just glancing at a clock or computer is usually useless, but if I really concentrate on them I can make sense of them. However, I usually don’t concentrate on items like that except as dreamsigns.

Calculators, however, almost never work for me. I can get equations such as 5+wauf=182736y.sd78. If I do the math in my head first I can get it to work, but then what’s the point of a calculator?