EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

Lucid Dreaming in 7 Days

Author  Message 
LD count: Pi*1337/-4199

PostPosted: Tue 23 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

Oh my god! I feel so sorry for you! :D I hope you'll realize next time.

Dreampunk

PostPosted: Sat 27 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

So I had my first lucid dream last night!!! :D

Even though I stopped posting here, I didn't give up. I realized that I was trying a little too hard, and after talking to a few people about this I decided to stop logging my attempts every night. I still keep a dream journal though.

I remember waking up in my room and knowing it was a dream. The quality was okay, it still had this dream-like feel to it but I remember being conscious and aware. I went downstairs and thought "I forgot my hat and gloves! Hmmm, maybe I can materialize them if I close my eyes." I did and I felt a hat appear on my head! No gloves though. Oh well.

I stepped outside and I was on my block. Every little detail was there, including all the snow! It was night time and it was beautiful outside. I remember getting very excited that I was having a lucid dream. I started to feel the quality starting to fade, so I... I don't remember exactly how I did this, but I spun. I also tried yelling "lucidity now!" Things got a little better and more stable.

Then I remembered how badly I wanted to try flying, so I practiced leaping up in the air. The first time it didn't work too well... I didn't go very far. After a few times I remember closing my eyes, leaping up in the air, and flying! I flew to my roof (which I have never been on top of).

I was across the street from my house and I remember there were a few people walking towards me. I didn't think they'd mind if I flew, so I leaped up into the air and closed my eyes again. When I opened them I was in the air, much higher then before! I flew high above the city and it was so beautiful. I looked up at the moon and thought about flying there. The distance between earth and the moon felt MASSIVE though, so I got very scared. I decided to land back down to earth.

And that's when I was woken up by one of my dogs barking.

Pirateful
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 13

Congrats!! smile It's really amazing you did it that quickly! And flew as well. I'm definitely trying Lucid Warp now.

Kandri
Lucid Student
Lucid Initiate

Wow I agree, congrats on getting a wonderful LD as your first! I had one last night, but unfortunately I didn't succeed in flying, although it was my first/second attempt to fly. I'll try your way and close my eyes when I jump, because I was looking at the ground when I tried, and that's probably why it didn't work tounge2

XwolfbroX
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: alot

PostPosted: Sat 13 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

hmm kind of interesting how you did it in seven days (or more, im not really counting), but i admit, i dont really try to have LD's that often, but now that spring breaks here, i can get back into it grin

ive been reading through posts now and again, and ive tried this several times, just to see if it would work, and it has some suprising results.
when you compare your lucid world to the normal reality, lucid dreaming seems impossible, and the same goes for everything in it.
your subconscious mind is completely aware of this, its used to things just being impossible.
you need to reverse this process, and in turn, be able to do more things in lucid dreams, such as fly easier, run faster than you normally would, or even lift a car.
ive found that people with low imaginative abilities (not a very active imagination) tend to have troubles with this, becouse they cant find themselves doing all this in thier normal lives.
im not saying go run outside and try lifting your car, but try to imagine yourself doing all these things to get more used to the idea of doing them, so it becomes easier to do in a lucid dream

print