IQ

110-115 something like that lol

Around a 122 :content:

I feel dumb lol
Oh, well…

Unknown,
But it would be a bit unfair.
I’m still on School learning.

It would be like giving me a lower score… For being younger…

Im trying to find an IQ-test that doesnt cost :silent: but I havent found one yet.

Ill post my IQ later when I find it out :wink:

Yeah, I pondered a bit if it’s OK to open this topic, because it would make some people feel dumb.

All you need to know is that it’s not always right and correct and you can do better.
It also matters that you concentrate really well and feel good before taking the test.

Of course, your IQ will increase if you are a kid.
Also, intelligence is not what matters the most.
It doesn’t really matter that much…it’s more important if you are clever or not.

I could have sworn I replied in this topic…

RC RC RC

:rc:

anyhow, I asked how y’all know your IQ

and LucidingWolf - any IQ test should give the correct IQ for your age - but you need to do an IQ test that is specifically designed for young people :smile:

And Antares, what’s your IQ? :tongue:

I don’t know.I’m afraid to take it.
I’m afraid I’d be disappointed.
I live in blissful ignorance :tongue:

My dad is very intelligent tho…when he was doing the test for the driver’s license, he did it quickly and everything was correct.

The girl who gave him the test was very surprised.

You know, I never really bothered doing one. One reason could be lazyness :lol: but a deeper reason would be, I don’t want to let a number define me. Even if the tests (any one of them) would actually be accurate and give a precise image of all of a man’s intelligences (math, verbal, social, creative, space-time etc.) - and that’s a thing we are very far away from -, a number would still be a fixed thing, and it would quickly belong to the past. Instead, I only care about what’s the present is about, if I am doing something during this very moment to learn something and/or put my knowledge to use.

Even if I knew my IQ, it wouldn’t make any difference to me: no high number would mean I can stop learning.
The only thing I care about (when I do :tongue:) is going forward, progressing in my skills and knowledge, no matter where I am now, so I know I’m spending my time in a fruitful way, and the only way to do that would be making a test every week or so, and that would be too bothersome by far.

BNN’s National IQ Test :grin:

I’ve done it a couple of times now. I am not sure about my exact scores anymore but I believe they’ve been around 130 every time I took it. (Memory must have been the part I scored the least in… Anyhow, this result makes sense because I am in University and people at University level should have an IQ from 120 +)
One may say that people who are still in school end up lower, but you also have to keep in mind that these people are often still training their brains in things that show up in an IQ-test. To what extent do test in school measure the same thing?

Also, you should do your IQ test in your mother tongue, because otherwise your IQ probably drops because of the language barrier.

One time I got 83, because the timer was stressing me out and I guessed on everything…

Then next time I took one which didn’t display the timer, and I got more than 120… I don’t know what exactly…

Next time I’ll try to get the lowest possible answer. :tongue:

This is pretty much the reason I don’t want to take it.
You remember how I spoke about limits in my topic (now in my sig)?
That’s it…I don’t want to know the ‘‘limits’’ of my brain.

I don’t want to be limited by some sheer number.
I don’t want that number to say what I can do and what I can’t do.

If I don’t look for limits, I won’t find limits :hug:

I want to be free.

5 years ago i scored 105 on a test (i was 12 then) lol

The IQ is (supposed to be) designed so that it DOESN’T change over time. (ie: if you were 120 at age 15, you’ll be about 120 at age 30 unless you have gotten more intelligent, which is different than smarter)
The IQ is a ratio of mental age to real age (times 100) and that ratio doesn’t change because of schooling or anything like that. Of course, that doesn’t say that it won’t change either.

I took an IQ test for the first time in 2nd grade and got 140. I took another one a couple years ago (10th grade) and got 144. That’s close enough to be considered about the same score. Both were administered by psychologists. (My mom sent me to a psychologist in high school cause I wasn’t always doing all my homework :tongue:)

Despite what I just said, I fully believe it’s possible to change your IQ over time, but you’re not going to do it with just book smarts. It’s about logic and reasoning.

I also don’t see IQ or other test scores as limits. To me it’s a benchmark and a challenge to do better :tongue: and I could never refuse a challenge. IQ, SATs/SAT2s, National Math and Science League tests. I did half again for fun.

Well I would be delighted if anyone knows of a good, free online IQ test (I don’t remember ever finding one… and they say on the internet there’s everything).

I only did one test so far and it was a test at the employment bureau. It was offered to students at upper secondary school to test their qualification for an Engineering study (note: I am studying Information Technology now :tongue:). Back then they didn’t even tell us they were calculating our IQ by the results.

The test was only about logic, though. I doubt that real tests only check for this kind of ability like they have done. The result was a vague “about 160” which amazed me pretty much :eek:

However, if anyone knows of a good online test, I’d like to see if I can redo such a result (I actually doubt that).

AARGH i tried to reply, it asked me to log in, and it erased the message…
anyways, i think i scored somewhere between 100-110 on the BNN test, but that was partially because they didn’t give me enough time to even read the questions, for exampl for the putting pictures in order, by the time i’d looked at the pictures and read half the answers the time was up… seriously, you only got like 5 seconds for them, maybe less even… and partially because they expected me to remember people, and the color of the border around a sign they were holding up, because i’m not the most socially oriented person, i don’t remember much related to people, i didn’t even recognise half of them… so yea…

btw, ysim, we get logic and reasoning at school, we’re taught how to do it xD partially in an abstract way

and @bayonette, me too, computer science and engineering :razz:

132…

The one time I did a test I didn’t get an exact numbers but the indication was 150+. I think it is about 145 though.

My mother sent me to a therapist when I was 4 years old because I was a bit of a difficult child, cried a lot I guess :tongue: The therapist then took an intelligent test and I scored 126. His conclusion was that there was a gap between my IQ (which was higher than normal) and my EQ (which was normal) . I understood too much for my age, which I couldn’t handle yet, or something like that…

My brother took an official Mensa test last year and scored 135, so he’s now official member of Mensa. My father also has an IQ of 135 (also officially tested)… but I don’t think I want to take an official test again, (I once did an online test and scored over 150 but I don’t really think those are very accurate) so I’ll just keep it at my 4-year-old intelligent quotient of 126 :wink:

I believe someone can have the highest IQ possible, if you’re not doing anything with it, it doesn’t say much. So whatever my IQ is, I’m just going to try to use as much of it as I can :smile: And I believe with LD’ing we already use a higher percentage of our brain than average people do.