EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VI

Author  Message 
mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Thu 25 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

Talon, I was talking to Ch3rry, but talking to everyone! if that makes any sence...

I usually do it on accident sadblauw so I don't really know how to induce it. I just sort of "wake up" and am hearing music! I think I've had it in SP once too. The coolest part of it is that I create the music, by just imagining it. I was able to create two separate voices once, at the same time, which is kinda hard to imagine while awake. Actually I co-create it, my SC helps too. So I'll be doing the song and suddenly a beautiful violin will start playing, fitting in perfectly with the song! I'll see if next time I can start talking to some random character...

on another note, I have to say I admire your dedication to this thread! I feek like I don't even have to read it, as a mod, that you're onto it! I do anyway, it's a great topic and there's been so much growth recently!

Anyway... smile

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Thu 25 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

I may have found an unintended side effect of CALD last night smile . I was having a really hard time falling asleep and had been in bed more than an hour. The problem was (and this happens quite frequently to me) was that I had too many things going through my mind at once. I can only fall asleep if I'm relaxed and am not thinking to hard about anything.

Eventually I tried to have a conversation with The Doctor, but my mind kept wandering. After a few minutes and getting nowhere in our talk, he began to say things to keep me focused as my mind wandered. After a while, it was like all of those thousands of wandering thoughts had just wandered away. I fell asleep within minutes after that.

Who knows, maybe this can also work as a cure for mild, non-medical insomnia.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
LucidDreamer1996
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

Wow I thought I was only person with hypogonic sounds. Sometimes I'll even get hypogonic smells. Anyway, I will be sure to make a series of random events to put Hope through to develop reponses. I will introduce her to other characters when she is ready.wink5

mattias
Globahead
Globahead

PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

LucidDreamer1996 wrote:
Wow I thought I was only person with hypogonic sounds. Sometimes I'll even get hypogonic smells. Anyway, I will be sure to make a series of random events to put Hope through to develop reponses. I will introduce her to other characters when she is ready.wink5

I've seen many people that have HS just never music! Now, hypnagogic smell is totally new to me! I bet it's pretty cool ^^

Teraflare8866
Explorer of Eden
Somniologist
LD count: 110

PostPosted: Mon 01 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

I haven't reported here in a while, so I'll report what happened over the last week.
I had 3 LDs - 2 of them being short with no control (but they were vivid), and 1 that was fairly vivid and had a lot of control.

In one of the LDs I tried to spin to change scene to that futuristic city I've been wanting to go to. I spun in the dream, which granted, it took me to the futuristic city, but the second I tried to open my eyes I fell down to the ground, began sliding down the path at extreme speed and had dream paralysis. When I had my eyes closed I could still see very vividly what was going on in the dream. I saw realistic energy effects swirling around me, and at one point I felt as if I was flying towards a bright light. At first I thought this would take me to a LD, but it woke me up.

I might try and have another conversation when I start to get HI, then I can hear my characters speak so they can assure me I will have a LD.

FawnBrown
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 04 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...I was thinking of some thing similar except get your spirit guide to help you.Your's is better. yes

Ch3rry
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I'm so happy! Last night I was trying to talk to my character as I fell asleep and he responded without me influencing his answer at all. smile I asked what his last name was and he replied,"It's June, like the month...I know it's extremely lame." I'm so excited, I feel like I'm beginning to make some real progress. ^_^

Last edited by Ch3rry on Fri 05 Mar, 2010; edited 1 time in total
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

Ch3rry wrote:
I'm so happy! Last night I was trying to talk to my character as I fell asleep and he responded without me influencing his answer at all. smile I asked what he last name was and he replied,"It's June, like the month...I know it's extremely lame." I'm so excited, I feel like I'm beginning to make some real progress. ^_^

Hey, that's awesome smile . Nothing beats the first time they talk back.

Colors
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: never enough!

thanks you for the nice advices !

For the moment, as you suggested, I will focuse more on the path. Last time I could see this character on land, so for now I am just going to keep it like this, and I will achieve little steps like walking slowly to him and just saying "hi!"

I wanted to meet him with too many feelings inside of me, that's why I think he was running away. It's like when you're a teenager and you fell in love with someone you know nothing about, and as you begin to stalk him he just want to run away from you ^^
So the solution is to focuse on a more relaxed path, just like IRL relationships : take it step by step to be friends first.

Again I want to say that there are a lot of paths, and I could just summon him in front of me, but I prefer to do it the hard way, like IRL smile

I'd like to know about your experience : how did your favorite DC replied when you asked him "how can I contact/summon you next time I'm in a LD ?"

Current LD goal(s): Meet a fictional character + Ask myself what my life goals are

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com Dream Journal / Full of Hope, a dream for each day
mattias
Globahead
Globahead

Ch3rry wrote:
I'm so happy! Last night I was trying to talk to my character as I fell asleep and he responded without me influencing his answer at all. smile I asked what he last name was and he replied,"It's June, like the month...I know it's extremely lame." I'm so excited, I feel like I'm beginning to make some real progress. ^_^

That's awesome! makes me want to make a character I sometimes ask my SC but don't get an answer or I get something totally random....

Teraflare8866
Explorer of Eden
Somniologist
LD count: 110

I'm having a little trouble communicating with my characters. I try to imagine myself there, talking to my characters (which I do anyway), but each time I try to talk to them, my brain randomly thinks of something that interferes with the scene. For example, my brain keeps making something fall out of the sky which lands on my head, which makes it impossible to see (and interferes with the process). It may sound silly, but I can't control myself and it's virtually impossible for me to talk to my characters without my brain thinking up that scenario.

I hope you understood what I meant. Can anyone help me? It would be appreciative because I haven't been able to produce any LDs because of this problem.

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Fri 05 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

I've had the same thing from time to time. Lately The Doctor has either snapped my attention back. Still, it is rather annoying. Any advice Talon?

Colors
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: never enough!

PostPosted: Fri 05 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

I will use this "open the door" technique as soon as I have my next LD ^^

Current LD goal(s): Meet a fictional character + Ask myself what my life goals are

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com Dream Journal / Full of Hope, a dream for each day
Luke Strife
Long time no see
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 06 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Talon Arana, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm back nonetheless. smile

I gave a quick post in the "I'm Back" topic if you want to read that.

Anyway I'm really glad this thread is still up and active. I hope to get back into it too, unfortunately I've lost contact with my characters (because I lost motivation for everything to do with LDs for months). What should I do?

sentis
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

I've got some questions.
1. How can you tell your not making the responses?
2.How many characters can you have?
3.How long does it take until your character becomes independent?
4.If you can't think of a name can your SC make up one?
Also these could be questions for that FAQ you were making.

print