Chaining - New Technique

One more thing!

Don’t worry about not being able to record the original LD. I’ve never had an experience where I had trouble remembering the original LD after reclaiming the dream. You’re always fully lucid in this technique, so your dream recall should be excellent.

hey everyone

I had never tried this method until today and I must say it worked like a charm, I had 3 LDs in a row!, I couldnt believe it! I mean, I know its like a WILD, but for some reason this is much easier since I dont even have to get out of bed… 2 Lds I had were long and vivid, the last one was short but still good

I cant wait to try it again, this will definetaly be my method from now on, I hope it keeps working :smile: :grin:

Cool. Was your first LD natural, or did you do the chain starting with a regular dream?

I first started it with a regular dream, I set my mind to awaken me after I dream, so when I woke up, it was cool cause just when I was about to open my eyes I remember to not open them and I just trusted that i had awaken…

I dont know how much time passed… maybe a minute, I started like getting dizzy and very heavy, kinda like floating, I just started tellng to my self “I am dreaming” over and over again, suddenly I appeared in the exact same place I was just before I had woken up, I was all excited…

than, after that long nice LD I woke up and did the exact same thing as before, so basically I did it 3 times, and the fourth one It didnt work, but I never thought I would have 3 IN A ROW!!!

Cool! Im gonna try this tonight, but i think ill have trouble not opening my eyes. Ive never kept my eyes closed when i woke up…but then again i never had a reason to. Ill let you know how it goes

I don’t know if it was from reading this thread yesterday or what, but I had a success with the technique this morning! Interestingly, I think I started with a non-lucid dream first! I don’t know how it happened, but instead of waking up completely, I was able to get that static feeling and start an LD.

After I woke up from that LD, I was able to do it again. This time, I didn’t wait to get the static feeling all over my body. Perhaps most significantly, I didn’t wait to get the static feeling on my eyes. Maybe that’s why I was unable to see in this dream. Because everything was black and I couldn’t stabilize the dream, I woke up again, only to recapture another LD.

When I woke up from my 3rd LD, for some reason it seemed like I had “used everything up,” and I didn’t have a chance to chain again. Like people have said, three may be some kind of average.

Well last night this would of worked for me but my house is the worst place to LD. Heres wut happened: I woke up, and as predicted opened my eyes, but shut them real fast. Outside, this guy was using a chainsaw really loud and in my house my parents were talking really loud. Then i got this pain and couldnt bear to lay down any more, forcing me to get up at 6:00 AM.

Well vacation ends in 6 days...off to school again

Ugh. I know what you mean. I’ve had way too many of those experiences, especially with people talking. But a chainsaw at six in the morning? :grrr:

The worst, though, has to be when you’re in the middle of an LD and your alarm clock goes off.

I dont know who’s usin that dang chainsaw so early in the morning, but when i do…it aint gonna be pretty. :grrr:

Are you sure it wasn’t a lawnmower? If it was a chainsaw hopefully they’ll run out of trees soon. :smile:

Actually, I said the opposite, but it sounds like you figured that out already.

If it works, you should get a LD to write down instead of a boring old normal dream. The only time I have trouble is if I have too many LD’s (such a thing is possible) or if I fall back into a normal dream. For example, last night I had a bunch of LD’s, but I can only really remember the last one and little snippets of the others.

I think that is indeed the case.

I’ve been paying more attention to that black-floaty state, and I seem to do the following… Wait a few seconds. Look to my left, moving only my eyes, not my head, which causes me to feel like I’m spinning and getting dizzy. Keep it up for a few seconds and a dream starts.

I usually start back where the last dream left off, though that isn’t always the case for me.

No, no, no… The worst is when you’re in the middle of a LD and you
dream that your alarm clock has gone off…

I now think these are two different things. About 2 weeks ago I awoke from a dream, remembered not to move, and was floating around like usual. I then heard someone banging around in the house and that woke me up the rest of the way. The interesting thing was that I could actually feel my mind changing gears, switching from dream mode to awake mode.

Dunlar, it looks like your thread is experiencing a revival; I was surprised to go back and read it was originally posted in July. Now that I’ve used chaining from a non-lucid dream, I will try to work more on “programming” my mind not to open my eyes so quickly when I wake up. :cool:

I also agree with what you said about having too many LD’s and losing track of their details. I once began counting my chain LD’s while the LD was still going on and I think I either skipped a number or forgot an LD! :shy:

i saw this thread when looking through old ones, and thought it was pretty cool so i posted on it… and now it seems to have had a sudden burst of popularity :grin: well i didnt want it to die…

oh yeah, and does anyone think this would work if i’ve never had an LD before? or if it’s worth trying? cos when i get up then go back to bed i often can’t get back to sleep again.

I never used this technique until after I had LD’s for a long time. Of course, I didn’t even know what LD’s or WILD’s or anything were for a long time because I was a natural LD’er. But it’s worth a shot.

When “playing dead”, does it matter what sleeping position you are in?

Well not for me, i dont think postition matters.

When I wake up from dreams, I’m almost always on my back, which is funny because I can never fall asleep on my back…

If i set my computer to wake me up with a very gentle sound at 6’o’clock, so i i doesn’t get shocked, and start moving, do you think it’ll work then?

That’s tricky. I’ve never gotten my alarm clock to wake me up gently before.

With gently i mean a low-frequent humm, that only lasts 3-4 seconds… Just enough to wake you up, and remember to play dead.