Drugs in LD

Anyone have tried to take some drugs in LD? Hopw they worked for you, is taking psychedelics such as lsd and shrooms might be as dangerous as IRL? WIll they fully work or just vissualy?

Well, you can get your mind to feel just about anything in a dream. Of course, if you haven’t taken them IRL your mind won’t really know how to simulate it. As for being dangerous, not at all. Your dreams can’t hurt you… at least not in the mind altering drug addiction sort of way.

Having said that, I personally feel there are many other things I would rather spend my time on in a dream. I can fly, turn into an animal, walk on the surface of the sun, shrink to the size of an atom. Being blazed just kind of sounds boring.

The results of people who have tried vary, there are people who felt next to nothing, to downright nothing at all, and people who had the trip of their lives. It depends on expectation and visualization, like anything else in a dream.

Besides, anything that may happen is purely harmless. The drugs stimulate synapses forcefully and often harmfully, the mind knows how to treat itself properly instead :wink:

[mod]:truit: you know we have rules for this… [/mod]

To answer your question, the effects would be however you could imagine them to be.

James.

drugs in dream aren’t really interesting imo.
but aren’t dangerous in dreams, but that’s obvious.

I have used lsd one time in a dream (not an LD) and the visual effects were pretty realistic.

this comment isn’t necessary anymore :tongue:

I guess the results are whatever you expect them to be. I’ve never taken drugs IRL, so I wouldn’t know what it feels like. And it wouldn’t be dangerous. Actually, I think the whole idea of taking drugs in LD’s might be good to help people get over adictions.

Drugs in LD’s have always made for an interesting dream for me. In my dreams I’ve smoked weed countless times, and had cocaine once.

Alcohol was boring, but relaxing. Cocaine felt like I had been cloned and was trying to grab my real self. Very strange feeling, but a fun dream. Smoking weed in my dreams has usually been somewhat scary, but the scariest was a couple of days ago.

This was actually a normal dream, non LD, but once I smoked weed, it instantly became the most vividly horrifying experience I have ever been put through. I was scared out of my mind, and I thank god it only lasted for about a minute maybe less.

However, when I woke up, I was somewhat glad I had the experience, because I now know my mind is capable of just about anything.

almost every ND I have i take some prescription pills that give me LSD like effects… haha. Its kinda a reoccuring thing for me, I guess i think about drugs too much.

Yeah, it does depend on expectation.
Some people could get dizzy and their vision could get weird and blurry if they just smoke a cigarette and some people wouldn’t feel a thing after drinking several bottles of alcohol.

If I want to, I could just drink 10 bottles of vodka and nothing would happen.
But nah, I never really thought about it.

I’ve never taken any drugs and I don’t want to.

:peek: please remember to keep this on topic - discussing drug / substance (ab)use in real life is not permitted - think of our young members.
( read the rules )

AAAAH DRUGS.

runs away from computer

true, true-my little sister who just turned 10 sometimes goes on this site, and if she read this topic, it wouldnt be that great

Deleted quote of a post that was removed. :ysim:

I apologize, I’ve edited my post to only mention dreams.

i did coke in a dream, never in RL, but from what ppl have said it sounded like a similar experiance.

In NDs I have tried psychedelics and they have produced strange visual effects. I think I have tried them in Lucid Dreams too, but without effects. Weed in LDs has worked, but only for short spells. It seems drugs work better in NDs for me. I have taken stimulants in them that have worked. I guess knowning that it is not real takes away some of the expectation that it’ll work. As for the danger, psychedelics like LSD and Shrooms are dangerous in real life mostly in that you may do something while under the influence that is not recommended, since you are dreaming in LDs you can’t do anything that will have consequences. As in RL they will not harm you physically, but if you are worried about mental health, it is probably equal in LDs since we are talking about mental experiences. If experiences can be harmful, then LDs can be harmful just the same as psychedelics. The thing about dreams is that they do not usually last for 12 hours, and they are probably not as intense most the time, although I’m sure they can be.
You can draw certain conslusions from what I have said that may or may not conflict with the rules of this forum, but I have stayed on topic, as per the question. I feel compelled to say that the way the question was asked seemed to assume a certain state of affairs, which is fact is contrary to evidence, and evidence to the antithesis of that is available. It is my opinion that If discussion is to be prohibited here, as to not advocate one opinion, for the protection of some, then it is only fair not to advocate the opposite opinion, and thus remaining neutral in the question. My fear is that a certain bias is allowed and not the other. And if elaborating on this as I have done now is to be viewed as verboten, my defence is that the certain party for which the protection is meant, probably does not find it easy to understand what I have said.

See what happens? We go into a discussion about rules instead of keeping on topic. Aparently the topic about drugs in dreams can’t be discussed here without going into IRL drug effects. I’m going to lock this topic therefore, because I don’t want to have to keep asking people to stay on topic and abide the rules.