Let´s achieve LD together!

Hey Guys, last night i had my first Lucid dream in a long while that didnt start as a nightmare! i woke up at 5:15 and decided to do the FILD method with much success cuz after 30 seconds of doing it i did a RC and realized i was dreaming. i was in my bedroom and couldnt see anything so i began rubbing my hands together and saying “increase lucidity please.” it worked but my vision was still a mess so i began looking for a pair of glasses in my room and i actually found some, i put them on and my vision was perfect. after all of that i decided to jump through my window but did a RC just to make sure cuz its a long ways down and then i began…FLYING! i flew through my town telling everyone i know that im dreaming…it was so cool but then someone told me to wake up because i wont remember and so i went back to my room, went back to bed, woke up in another dream and just went along with it until i woke up for real. Mission Completed! i hope everyone is having as much fun as i am at LDing! Reality Check Now! :content:

Well done Perple. That was a pretty good First ld.
I had one like that a couple of days ago, However I couldn’t stabalize it when i got out of bed like yours it was dark and blury. I tried rubbing my hands together and Saying"increase lucidity" however I lost the dream.
Also is FILD like WILD. if so what is differnet because I might try it.

Wow cool PerPle! Hope you’ll have more soon!

To my surprise I had a DILD whilst taking a mid morning nap today! that is another first for me… :happy: lbsf1, FILD is a faster version of WILD in my opinion but you usually get low level LDs from trying this technique. i like it only cuz its a lot less work to do in a lot less time just move your fingers and feel yourself drifting consciously into dreamland. i’m going to try it again tonight. Good Luck everybody!

Gah I feel like my recall keeps getting worse!!
trying not to get discouraged… :meh:

Hi guys! I gave up on Lds half a year ago and now trying to get more :grin:
Im gonna be participating in this topic a bit, its nice for other people to encourage you and you helping other people.

It seems PerPle is doing really good :smile:
Keep up the good work!

As motivation ill tell you a story of my 5th Ld or close to that-

First, I drank LOTS of apple juice; does wonders. Had the MOST vivid dream ever in my life-it was dark, and I could feel my body having chills, the cold wind, the sound of it, you know, actually aware! Then I decided, “lets fly!” unfortunately, a couple of meters in the air I had to go to the washroom :sadyes:

Strange thing is, I never have Lds when I was first having a normal dream then I realize im lucid. Nope. Always the dream starts lucid.

PerPle, im gonna follow your example and try FILD. It sounds like an extremely easy method to get high quality LDs, much unlike WILD which I have accomplished a few times which is frustrating and boring. Please tell me more about your experiences with FILD so we can all learn :smile:

Cia

First Proper ld last night.

I don’t remember how it started. However I think it was Wild or a false awakening. I was in my bed and did an rc. I was dreaming. It was blurry so rubbed my hands and it improved. I climbed out of my bedroom window and tried to fly by jumping off the roof by my bedroom. As i jumped I closed my eyes and thought I will fly. i didn’t I hit the ground it didn’t hurt though, so I was sure I was dreaming. I then looked up at my room and thought how will I get back in.(don’t know why I thought that) That is all I remember. That is one full ld though.

I am so happy for everybody who have achieved success in LD. I hope that you all continue practicing until you master it.
How many RC-s do you usually do per day?

To expand on Miredos question,
which RC’s do you perform?

Yay! Ld last night! It went like this-I was in my room, which had a mirror(it doesnt in rl) :ding: , then I looked in it and saw that I had two teeth above my normal two rows of teeth, and to that I say, “lets go the dentist” :wallhit: However, I actually realize, “hey somethings not normal”, so I do the nose RC. OMG!! I can breathe through my nose!!! Yea. Then I flew around and vaporized people :grin:

Usually whenever I see something strange-about 2-3 times per day. I always do the nose RC-its the most reliable and easy one to do imo.

I question WL very often but dont come close in my dreams :sad: lol its so weird.

Hey Guys! this is the tutorial on FILD if you havent seen it before and you’re interested.
https://community.ld4all.com/t/fild-tutorial/27224
When i do this technique, i usually enter into low quality LDs and have to put in the extra effort to increase lucidity but when you’re like me and really want a LD you’ll do it :wink:.
i do RCs whenever i remember to do one (like right now). some days i do up to 100 RCs…and others i would do like 2. but i make sure i do one as soon as i wake up cuz i’ve been having alot of FA lately…My fav is the nose RC, it never fails me!

Dark_Heroes_Master, nice LD! i do wish someday i could vaporize people and ill def drink more apple juice! :content:

lbsf1 congrats on your first proper LD! flying wasnt easy for me, i would just jump really high and floated back down. Now i realized that my technique is to move my legs while flying to stay up. try to find your technique.

Good Luck to ALL! Lastnight i actually dreamt about being on ld4all and wondering why i cant see my avatar…

yea i know-i guess you start questioning dreams after you had enough LDs or something? Lots of people say its useless trying to do RCs in RL because you wont get to it in dreams anyway. However, you sometimes get the odd dream where you do.

Tips on flying-Whenever I try to fly, I always start out on the ground, then I jump up and try to swim in the air, and after lots of tries it works and I keep on doing the butterfly stroke and I get faster and faster! To vaporize people, all I do is close my eyes and imagine they wont be there when I open them and theyre not.

Question to PerPle- You only get low quality LDs from FILD? I always though it would be like youre sleeping in your room, then you wiggle you fingers for 30 seconds, then when you stop you get up, just like when you were awake, and then have the same lvl of awareness and you can do whatever you want. Can you give us a description of what it feels like to go through FILD? If you want, I’ll tell you about WILD.

lbsf1-Congrats on your first LD :grin: Continue to get more!

Patches-Yea sometimes you have, “dry” periods. Dont worry, it goes away after 4-8 days, then you should be able to remember all your dreams again.

I am doing WBTB right now. Read a little bit of forum, made RCs ( I do always more than 1 RC, usually I look my hands, hold the nose, read and think what I did 5 minutes ago ).

With FILD all i feel is a tingling sensation through my body, nothing else, then after 30 seconds i would open my eyes and do a RC and most of the time i’m dreaming…like this morning :content:. Thats all to it. Now i would get out of bed and my vision would always be blurry, one time it was so bad that it was like my vision was split between the real world and the dream world. from there i would have to stabilize the dream and not all the times it would work cuz on many occasions i would just give up but lately i’ve been getting the hang of things. i still havent acquired full control over the dreams where i can change the environment and what not but i can ask to see someone and they will show. the DILD i would have now and again would be alot more vivid than FILD to me but maybe thats something i can work on.

Question on WILD : i’ve been trying this technique with much failure. i cant help but swallow and my mind wanders a lot. there was this one time that after i tried it, failed and went back to bed it felt like i was going crazy, my head was throbbing and it felt like jolts going through my brain. it happened twice after i tried WILD and thats when i decided to take a break. Is this normal and can you share your ideas and experiences with WILD?

Good call dark heroes,
3 days of no recall, but i remember atleast 4 from last night.
I cant believe noone of them made me lucid, they made no sense at all haha.
at one point i was bouncing around on a life preserver attached to a bungy chord that extended to the sky in a crazy circular city.
Maybe im not questioning reality enough…
Good job with your FILD’s tho PerPle, thats exciting

My experienced with WILD haven´t been very successful. This technique doesn´t suit to me. I´ve tried it many times. Just lying in the bed one hour and some times even more, my body gets numb, I´ve heard voices and seen pictures, I feel that my body is like liquid, I also feel that my hands are about 20 cm off the bed. If these things happen, I get excited because I know that I am coming closer to become lucid. Then my heart starts to beating faster and wakes my physical body up and I lose everything. And after that I can´t fall asleep. I prefer MILD :wink:

PerPle-The very first time I achieved WILD was like this-I was lying in bed on my side, listening to the analog clock, when I started hearing white noise and random blue rectangles popped up everywhere. Then one of the rectangles expanded into a tunnel which I was sucked into, and it felt like everything was shaking like crazy, then it stopped and I couldnt move my muscles, it was probably SP .Then I just waited and a really hazy scene appeared, and I waited for about 5min while it became even more clear, until I saw a palm tree on the beach of my scene, then I decided to touch it and I found myself in the dream.

2nd time-It was basically the same thing, except without the violent shaking and SP, the scene just materialized and I did the same thing ,I touched something in it and got into the dream. Very satisfying , especially first time.
The rest resembled the 2nd time.

About your head throbbing and jolts going through your head, everyone has their own strange method of entering SP, and as long as it isnt painful its very good, as it means youre entering SP . Just survive it for a couple more minutes and then youll get into the calm of SP. If it is painful-2 thing could have happened-1. you hit your head on something 2. Somethings not right in your head, not to scare you or anything, but as long as it doesnt recur or no pain(or slight, you may get them mixed up because of the state youre in), then youre good, but if you feel sharp acute pain every time you try I would go see a doctor.

Now about your swallowing problem-I find that when you put your pillow closer to your back, your head gets an incline and you have to swallow less often, and the closer you get to SP, the less you salivate, so the less youll have to swallow.

Now about FILD, ill be sure to try it at the earliest opportunity, but just to clarify a few things, you have to be in a half asleep state when you try, or can you just lie down in the middle of the night after walking around a bit and itll work?
And I know what you mean my stabilizing the dream, back when I was an active LDer I tried this thing kinda like FILD , I just closed my eyes and opened them 1 min later and I got in a dream, and I know that you have to not do any sudden things like fly for the first 5 min or the dream is gonna collapse, and also when I tried that, I had vivid dreams. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Sorry for this big wall’o text :smile:

Having one of my off couple of days. No recall for 2 days. Feel confident about tonight. I’m trying WILD, V-WILD, bit of MILD and last but not least my latest addition FILD. Wishing you all luck.
Bit of motivation here now.
I have tried loads of things like lucid dreaming: self hypnosis, idoser and can never get them to work. However I had a lucid dream, If I can do it then anyone can. Practise makes perfect. A journey of 1000miles must begin with a single step.