EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

IQ

Author  Message 
Ysim
Playground King
Globahead
Ysim has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Wolfgame
LD count: i++;

PostPosted: Sun 14 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

The IQ is (supposed to be) designed so that it DOESN'T change over time. (ie: if you were 120 at age 15, you'll be about 120 at age 30 unless you have gotten more intelligent, which is different than smarter)
The IQ is a ratio of mental age to real age (times 100) and that ratio doesn't change because of schooling or anything like that. Of course, that doesn't say that it won't change either.

I took an IQ test for the first time in 2nd grade and got 140. I took another one a couple years ago (10th grade) and got 144. That's close enough to be considered about the same score. Both were administered by psychologists. (My mom sent me to a psychologist in high school cause I wasn't always doing all my homework lachgroen)

Despite what I just said, I fully believe it's possible to change your IQ over time, but you're not going to do it with just book smarts. It's about logic and reasoning.

I also don't see IQ or other test scores as limits. To me it's a benchmark and a challenge to do better and I could never refuse a challenge. IQ, SATs/SAT2s, National Math and Science League tests. I did half again for fun.

Current LD goal(s): Fire fight!
Marvin
cookie lover
cookie lover
Wolfgame
LD count: 15

PostPosted: Mon 15 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Well I would be delighted if anyone knows of a good, free online IQ test (I don't remember ever finding one... and they say on the internet there's everything).

I only did one test so far and it was a test at the employment bureau. It was offered to students at upper secondary school to test their qualification for an Engineering study (note: I am studying Information Technology now tounge1). Back then they didn't even tell us they were calculating our IQ by the results.

The test was only about logic, though. I doubt that real tests only check for this kind of ability like they have done. The result was a vague "about 160" which amazed me pretty much eek2

However, if anyone knows of a good online test, I'd like to see if I can redo such a result (I actually doubt that).

sirius)(black
digital dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: a few

PostPosted: Mon 15 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

AARGH i tried to reply, it asked me to log in, and it erased the message...
anyways, i think i scored somewhere between 100-110 on the BNN test, but that was partially because they didn't give me enough time to even read the questions, for exampl for the putting pictures in order, by the time i'd looked at the pictures and read half the answers the time was up... seriously, you only got like 5 seconds for them, maybe less even... and partially because they expected me to remember people, and the color of the border around a sign they were holding up, because i'm not the most socially oriented person, i don't remember much related to people, i didn't even recognise half of them... so yea...

btw, ysim, we get logic and reasoning at school, we're taught how to do it xD partially in an abstract way

and @bayonette, me too, computer science and engineering tounge2

FawnBrown
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

Blenderman
Master Piemaker
Dream Deity

The one time I did a test I didn't get an exact numbers but the indication was 150+. I think it is about 145 though.

Amaryllis
la vida es sueño
Somniologist

My mother sent me to a therapist when I was 4 years old because I was a bit of a difficult child, cried a lot I guess The therapist then took an intelligent test and I scored 126. His conclusion was that there was a gap between my IQ (which was higher than normal) and my EQ (which was normal) . I understood too much for my age, which I couldn’t handle yet, or something like that…

My brother took an official Mensa test last year and scored 135, so he’s now official member of Mensa. My father also has an IQ of 135 (also officially tested)… but I don’t think I want to take an official test again, (I once did an online test and scored over 150 but I don't really think those are very accurate) so I’ll just keep it at my 4-year-old intelligent quotient of 126 wink

I believe someone can have the highest IQ possible, if you’re not doing anything with it, it doesn’t say much. So whatever my IQ is, I’m just going to try to use as much of it as I can smile And I believe with LD’ing we already use a higher percentage of our brain than average people do.

Blenderman
Master Piemaker
Dream Deity

I agree with Amaryllis; you shouldn't rely on IQ to determine someone's intelligence. One of the reasons for that is that there are many different forms of intelligence, and an IQ test only measures one, and I don't even think it does that well.

shatterspike1
Threadkiller
Dream Deity
LD count: Dry Spell

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

I won't state my IQ. Instead, I will post this:
A comic.

print