I am a Lucid Dreamer: Commanding the Subconscious Mind

thanks for this great post.
one thing i hear in this is that it’s important to believe what i’m saying;
that is as important as the words themselves
hidden doubts will sabotage my efforts.
i get it…

That’s a good point, Lord Antares. Personally, I don’t see it as a conflict for myself; however, if it seems like something that doesn’t specifically get the point accross to your subconscious (which it doesn’t since you mentioned it), I encourage you to avoid “am going to” and anything relating to future tense.

I’m glad to hear all of the positive feedback from everybody. I do hope it can help you out in more ways than just lucid dreaming–I know it has for me!

Well, I always use the present simple tense so that’s no problem…I just mentioned :wink:

Amazing post. I feel like this is going to help me come out of my 2-4 year lucid dreaming drought.

No. This post will get me out of the drought.

Mind over matter.

Hello,

this is my first posting in this forum and i hope I can add some useful things to this topic! :smile:

I’m very happy about your post, Ben! :smile: It gives me many stuff to think about and to influence my life. I feel, it is very useful to me.

Perhaps I can add some personal thoughts, in which I relate to some previous posts:

A concept which I think is very useful to deal with, is “truth”. You can “aks for too much”, if this, what you are asking for, is completely unrealistic. For example, you might say “I invent a time-machine.” If you say so, this might be a useful illusion and helps you to learn many things about physics and to become a good physician, but it is an illusion and therefore a bad suggestion in my eyes. But if you say “I am a great physician”, then you are right, because potentially you are a good physician. It lies in your possibilities. Maybe you don’t have enough time and motivation to advance your abilities and to overcome possible resistances and maybe, you doesn’t win the nobelprice and doesn’t become professor (“great” is a relative word!), but this doesn’t change my conclusion.
And because, we all have the possibilities to have extremly vivid and lucid dreams, we have extremly and lucid dreams. The only thing, we must do, we must accept that this is true! :smile:
If you have underconcsious doubts, don’t worry about it! Say to you “I have no doubts.” This is the truth. And the truth doesn’t need force. If you know something is true, your doubts will disappear automatically. Maybe there will be some anxious splits of thoughts, but they aren’t important, they are meaningless.

PS: I’m Mirko and I have extremly vivid und lucid dreams.

wahaha Ben, thank you, you made me break my bad luck in having LD, which was simply, the fact that I forgot that autosuggestion works the best for me !!!

With those simple words, I am going to have a lucid dream during this nap, I made it ^^ First of course I was falling asleep, then I noticed this and decided to repeat the mantra, and it worked ! Thanks a lot !!

What the hell?

I am Mirko :happy:

Great post Ben,

This is my kind of thinking :content: I know I posted something about hypnosis and affirmations on here a long time ago.

One night, over 6 years ago shortly after I found ld4all, I was walking around outside at night feeling miserable. I was down that I wasn’t lucid dreaming. I really Wanted to lucid dream! < and I would tell myself this, but it wasn’t happening, you know.

Then spontaneously, I just said out loud to myself, " Forget it! I do Not want to lucid dream. In fact I hope I don’t lucid ream tonight. I hate lucid dreaming! I really hope I Don’t have a lucid dream!"
-That night I lucid dreamed big time.

Well, this was reverse psychology actually. As I saw that the opposite of my wants was what was happening, but most importantly, it is What You Are SAYING to yourself. and How you say it.

So Is it true that I desire to be lucid dreaming when I got to bed after I type this? Yes. So then truthfully, with my heart and my soul, I say this out loud:

I Am Lucid Dreaming -right Now! :wiske:

i AM going to have a lucid dream by thursday. Thanks ben.

I told myself: “In 5 hours I will realize I’m dreaming.”

Got lucid the same night :smile: Thanks Ben for these inspiring posts!

I AM lucid! I KNOW I’m deaming!

Ich BIN luzid! Ich WEISS ich träume!

おれわ ルしーど だ (Ore wa rushiido da)

Writing it in english, german and japanese shouldn’t hurt! :mrgreen:

Keep it up guys :smile: . It’s almost too easy to get what you want, now.

Haha, guess the law of attraction works!
I am KauaiDreamer a strong lucid dreamer who can heal when lucid. :lucid:
How’s that for an affirmation?

Great. :smile: It is in the present moment.

A few days ago I repeated to myself many times for a couple of days:
“I am Lucid Dreaming.”
Yesterday, in a dream I was at first unconsciously involved in a situation when I said to myself, “I Am Lucid Dreaming.” And was so Lucid.

I read the “Forming a Relationship with your Subconscious” and ever since I said “In 7 hours I will realize I am dreaming” I’ve been having lucid moments for s few seconds and then I forget I’m dreaming again or I don’t care enough because I want to see what happens in my normal dream.
(Side note: The night I said that, I had a nightmare after a long time and actually saved myself from a terrible fate :happy: )

Great post Ben. Lately I have been stressing the importance of telling myself that “I will have a lucid dream” instead of using the phrase, “I am a lucid dreamer”. I am going to give this a try every time I do a reality check, or whenever I remember this post, and also incorporate it into my WBTB tonight to see how it works. Thanks again Ben, this has really changed my perspective on how to ask for a lucid dream.

I am Matt, and I am a lucid dreamer.

I AM a lucid dreamer.

I AM a god who co-creates the reality around him with the universe.

I AM able to be lucid while performing extended experiments in the dreamstate.

I AM able to master WILD’s.

What about “can”.

Namaste

I do believe this post has reached “Epic Awesome” status. :content:

I have a question…
Lately I’ve been trying to induce more lucid dreams with the “In … hours” line, but it’s not working quite well xD I keep waking up at 4-5 o’ clock in the morning, but that is when my visualized “timer” should reach 0 and I’m supposed to realize I’m dreaming.
Even when I still have some time left (like last night), it’s still not enough to fall asleep again and start dreaming.

Well, I can’t exactly get lucid when I’m not even dreaming! Should I use shorter intervals? :\ I’m worried that the REM-sleep won’t be very… good so early in the morning.
Any advice?

Edit: Oh gosh :eek: I think I just realized what I’m doing wrong :tongue: Whenever I said “realize I’m dreaming” I associated that with feeling my surroundings… And my surroundings at that moment were my bedsheets and my pillow! :lol:
Gosh I’m such an idiot :tongue: Next time I’ll try visualizing myself in a dream, hahaha xD

Amazing post simply amazing after reading this Post i had figured out I always do the I am check im always telling people Why do you say you cannot do it? if its still hard I sometimes go Why not? Why shouldnt i be able to do this? Now i am going to take this AND fit it into my mind to Have a lucid dream i Have had many lucid dreams But i will make them more controllable and to do what i wish to do in my dreams, It can happen and it will. :smile: :dragon: