EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

LC #23, Winner: Wyvern! Congratulations everyone!

Author  Message 
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

Another LD, roughly 4 minutes in length here

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

Rhewin wrote:
3 minute LD last night, about 50% of it spent rubbing my hands with blacked out vision . Link to journal here

lol I know how that is! lach1 ... sadblauw

I had a 5 minute LD two yesterday. I was in a classroom and was telling my friends to RC I also said some things to my (old) teacher I wouldn't IWL eh Outside I kicked a globe in the air and went down to the gate. can't remember much more.

And congrats everyone for all the LD's! grin

tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
tosxyChor has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: d(LD)/dt>0

PostPosted: Wed 07 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

Sorry guys if I've been neglecting this, I couldn't even access LD4all at some point hmm
It's nice to see you're all still doing great, congratulations to everyone! biggrin But pardon me if I'll only discuss the Task points here shy2

Rhewin, for the explore task: that's 3 places, the 3rd was a radical change, and there were 2 transitions (mirror, walk/door), so | (20+25+15)places + 30 transitions + 30 lucid task = 120 points. | And the ice cave was wonderful. ^^
For the magic, that was awesome ^^ and you actually did all 3 kinds of magic! :D But I assume you only used one method (willpower/hand gestures?), so | 75 types + 40 spells + 10 methods + 20 early = 145 points. | Please tell me if otherwise.

Puce, great job! ^^ It's always nice to see people putting so much effort on what they like.
As for the explore part, you described 2 places (the cafeteria, the street outside), but you could better your score by describing more places you've been into. So far, | (45 places + 15 transitions + 30 lucid + 20 combo = 110 points! | ^^
As for the summon task. that was 3 summoned things (pill, friend, phone), with 3 methods (close/open eyes, turn around, pocket), so | 30 types + 45 methods + 30 stuff + 30 lucid task + 20 early = 155 points! |
The attempt can count for the magic task too, so tell me if you want so smile

Siiw, whoa you summoned an entire plane! :D That nets you | 30 kinds + 10 object + 10 method + 30 lucid + 20 early = 100 points! |

Wyvern, you're doing great as always :D I'm waiting for the moment you'll type down all those wonderful dreams and share those with us biggrin

Ysim, I see magic is as easy as always for you wink that summon is worth | 15 type + 10 obj + 10 method + 30 lucid task + 20 early = 85 points. |

GHOSTIE, congrats for the magic! ^^ but I read of only 2 spells that you casted yourself, so I'm going to count only those two. So, for 2 spells of 2 types: | 30 types + 20 spells + 10 method + 30 lucid = 90 points! | You did well all the same ^^

Current LD goal(s): Healing
Wyvern
Do a Rawr-C!
cookie lover
Wyvern has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: Nightly

Had a wonderful LD last night where I visited an old LD from my childhood. turn3
Lucidity was around 25 minutes.

idanl09
Natural LDer
Dream Deity
LD count: 45

tosxyChor wrote:
Sorry guys if I've been neglecting this, I couldn't even access LD4all at some point hmm
It's nice to see you're all still doing great, congratulations to everyone! biggrin But pardon me if I'll only discuss the Task points here shy2

Rhewin, for the explore task: that's 3 places, the 3rd was a radical change, and there were 2 transitions (mirror, walk/door), so | (20+25+15)places + 30 transitions + 30 lucid task = 120 points. | And the ice cave was wonderful. ^^
For the magic, that was awesome ^^ and you actually did all 3 kinds of magic! :D But I assume you only used one method (willpower/hand gestures?), so | 75 types + 40 spells + 10 methods + 20 early = 145 points. | Please tell me if otherwise.

Puce, great job! ^^ It's always nice to see people putting so much effort on what they like.
As for the explore part, you described 2 places (the cafeteria, the street outside), but you could better your score by describing more places you've been into. So far, | (45 places + 15 transitions + 30 lucid + 20 combo = 110 points! | ^^
As for the summon task. that was 3 summoned things (pill, friend, phone), with 3 methods (close/open eyes, turn around, pocket), so | 30 types + 45 methods + 30 stuff + 30 lucid task + 20 early = 155 points! |
The attempt can count for the magic task too, so tell me if you want so smile

Siiw, whoa you summoned an entire plane! :D That nets you | 30 kinds + 10 object + 10 method + 30 lucid + 20 early = 100 points! |

Wyvern, you're doing great as always :D I'm waiting for the moment you'll type down all those wonderful dreams and share those with us biggrin

Ysim, I see magic is as easy as always for you wink that summon is worth | 15 type + 10 obj + 10 method + 30 lucid task + 20 early = 85 points. |

GHOSTIE, congrats for the magic! ^^ but I read of only 2 spells that you casted yourself, so I'm going to count only those two. So, for 2 spells of 2 types: | 30 types + 20 spells + 10 method + 30 lucid = 90 points! | You did well all the same ^^

You kinda forgot me lol
I'm in page 20

Current LD goal(s): Enjoy :)
Colors
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: never enough!

hm I managed to do some stuff : wander about, create some energy ball, make people levitate, make the rain fall...I have so many LD debts as well for this quest that it will be tough deciding which applies to whichtask...anyway I described it a lot, so I hope you have time, dear master fox...and I hope I'll better my score a little ^^

Oh and they were right...the topic "Learning to control your subconscious" really helped !! With simple words and thoughts !! Incredible ^^

Current LD goal(s): Meet a fictional character + Ask myself what my life goals are

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com Dream Journal / Full of Hope, a dream for each day
tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
Scribes

I'm really glad to hear that Colors biggrin I'm sure you'll catch up in no time, it's a matter of doing one thing at a time mostly, and with this, doing all of them in a row wink5

@idaln09 - Well, I said I only discussed task issues in that post.
As for the task in that dream, I wouldn't count it for the flying task, since you didn't move (the task required you would, in fact a better name would have been "Navigate"), nor for the Magic task (since you didn't cast that yourself). If you think differently, just let me know.
I'll edit this post later for the current points stand-up, but now for the 7th task.

Last edited by tosxyChor on Wed 07 Apr, 2010; edited 1 time in total
tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
Scribes

You'll love this one,
Subvert rules/laws!

Do you find it restraining, being limited when awake by all sorts of rules, both written and unwritten, most of which are not even fully reasonable? Well, it's time to change that! siiw And you're going to score a record breaking the highest possible number of them! wink Any kind of rule or law that is established can be blasted to smithereens, and as always, I'm asking you to break a large span of them! lach1

For each singular law/rule you break, there's 10 points in. The first one awards 30 points instead. Then, there's the bonus for breaking different sets of laws.

There are sets of written/fixed laws, like the Constitutions, or laws of Physics, or laws of Nature, or laws of Narration. For any of those sets you dent/damage, there's 25 points for you!
If you break some non-written sets of rules, like social laws, or your personal habits, or whatever else, you get 15 points for each set.
Then there's the treat, breaking the rules of Math itself! It is known that everything can be derived from false axioms, so be prepared for the worst if you happen to touch the very foundations of reality lach1 and of course, there's 35 points only for that! biggrin

Example story:
Quote:
I was at work, it was very boring, and my boss was shouting at me for no reason, so I got lucid, and got up to to give him a swift kick where the sun doesn't shine, while telling him all the reasons for my dissatisfaction towards him; I thought I wouldn't normally be supposed to be this direct to my superiors, so it felt good to do that for once. He became a little rat anyway, and ran away in fear.
Then I undressed myself to better feel my dream body, and ran on the streets while naked, and shouting joy. It was so nice, and I didn't care if I was grabbing the attention of everyone, I was only enjoying the warm wind.
I eventually got out of the city while doing that, so I just evoked a geyser of water, that shot straight up to the moon. Whoa, sure gravity didn't do its job there.
I rode the geyser, and landed in a battlefield. A bunch of astronauts in big suits were fighting a single giant red alien, but I thought of stopping all this madness, so I went up to the alien and told him he could come and live with me. He said he was okay, and immediately left the field and went to pack his stuff.
The captain of the human expedition was pissed at me, "that wasn't supposed to happen! The Direction will hear of this!"
"Pfft, I am the Direction, so suits you." And I flew away, by changing gravity.
I went on the dark side of the moon, and thought of breaking a little math, so I shouted into the Universe, "1+1=3!", At that instant, all things began to grow and multiply uncontrollably, to the point the Universe exploded.
I woke up after that.

So, laws broken: elders' respect, public embarrassment, gravity, battle vs evil, basic sum. 30 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 70 points.
Rule sets broken: social laws, laws of Physics, laws of Narration, Math. 15 + 25 + 25 + 35 = 100 points.
Lucid task: 30 points.
Total: 200 points.

Have fun everyone, as always ^^ And don't worry about your definition of laws/rules, as long as you state it clearly, I'll follow along your dream report smile

Current task points:

1. Cave of Mind | 0 |
2. Colors | 95 |
3. danielns13 | 0 |
4. GHOSTIE11 | 0 |
5. idaln09 | 95 |
6. JazzleDazzle | 0 |
7. Leeh | 0 |
8. littlenemo | 0 |
9. Magnus | 0 |
10. mattias | 0 |
11. Omnisomnia | 0 |
12. Presence of Light | 0 |
13. Puce | 0 |
14. Rare | 0 |
15. Rhewin | 0 |
16. Siiw | 110 |
17. Solaris | 0 |
18. Vampirism45 | 0 |
19. Wyvern | 0 |
20. Ysim | 0 |

Last edited by tosxyChor on Thu 15 Apr, 2010; edited 1 time in total
Ysim
Playground King
Globahead
Ysim has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Wolfgame
LD count: i++;

Just woke up a little bit ago after a RIDICULOUSLY long WILD (might take me a little while to type up and post.)

The dream was about 4 hours long, I spawned a machete to do battle, then opponents to do battle with, then an arena to do battle in, then proper battling clothes....to do battle in. Then I spawned the crew from Star Trek: Next Generation to go on an adventure with me. Along the way I spawned wood to make a boat, a sledgehammer to knock down a column in our way, and night time to hide us (does that count as a spawn?)
When it was all done with, I did one last thing I had been promising myself the whole dream. I went to the "LD Beach" (from my very FIRST LD). It's my dream destination, but before I had time to really relax....I woke up >.<

[edit] http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=574083#574083

Current LD goal(s): Fire fight!

Last edited by Ysim on Sat 10 Apr, 2010; edited 2 times in total
Puce
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Puce has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame

Ysim wrote:
...4 hours...

Wow, just... wow. notify That's awesome.

And for the task point thing, tosxyChor, I hope I'll have another longer LD in which I'll focus on magic and another task (probably the story one) so that I'd not get points subtracted because of being late. I could be living the story of a mage, perhaps. biggrin I just need to wait until this week ends, because despite the fact that the school's kind of on holiday, I can't get any more than 6 hours of sleep per night. blauw

Colors
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: never enough!

4 hours lucid Ysim ? Do you maintain lucidity with your own will or with lucidity tricks like RCs and things like falling backwards, looking at hands, etc ?

Current LD goal(s): Meet a fictional character + Ask myself what my life goals are

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com Dream Journal / Full of Hope, a dream for each day
Wyvern
Do a Rawr-C!
cookie lover
Wyvern has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: Nightly

Wow, Ysim. That's quite an achievement. Good job. :D

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Thu 08 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

4 hours?

awesome, congrats! grin

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

Congratulations Ysim for the long LD and Tosxy, do you count my rainspell as one spell? Cause I remember I used 2 different formulas for the rain and the hail one.

But instead of that LD I had I should focus on the new task, this is gonna be so fun tounge2 I cant wait to be lucid colgate

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
Ysim
Playground King
Globahead
Ysim has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Wolfgame
LD count: i++;

I keep lucid with 1 simple trick. I keep doing things every once in a while. I think that's why I'm good at magic. If you keep doing things you will remind yourself that is isn't reality. wink5

Of course waking up is the hardest thing to prevent. I have no tricks for that, just sheer will power. *shrug*

In real time, I was only asleep for about 2 hours, and had other dreams (ND's) so that dream was probably no more than 30 mins IRL. I just wish I could figure out how to have those long LD's more than once in a blue moon.
(And thanks for the congrats, everyone, but really I think it's a little more luck than anything on my part)

Current LD goal(s): Fire fight!

print