Lucid dream inside a normal dream!

Hi! I haven’t been so active lately but wanted to share some funny occurences I’ve had a couple of times recently. Ive been having a normal dream, then in the dream i dreamt that i went to sleep. THEN i dreamt when i was asleep in the dream and became lucid in that dream! The weirdest thing is that even though its inside a normal dream, its STILL feels like a regular lucid dream!! Everything around me feels 100% real, i can feel the walls and floor and i can control the dream just like a regular one, even though it technically couldn’t be called a lucid dream since it was a dream inside an ordinary dream.

Is there anyone else who has experienced this?

I don’t think it really matters if you have a dream inside of a dream. You could probably call it lucid because you still knew you were dreaming, even if you thought you would wake up to a dream instead of RL.

I had a dream not to long ago where i went to sleep, and when i woke up I recalled ‘yesterday’ as the dreams i had.

Hi, I haven’t been very active lately either (if you call 8 years ‘lately’ hehe :grin: ). For sure, I’ve had this happen a couple of times too. One time in my dream I thought I’d try and do a WILD (should that be a DIWILD? :smile:) so I laid down on my bed and successfully achieved one. Funny thing was that I wasn’t actually lucid when I decided to do a WILD! Then when I woke up from that lucid dream, I was back in another regular dream again.

During my last lucid dreaming :

It was start during with a normal dream it was around 11h00 pm, and thanks to reallity test I was aware of it is a dream, but I didn’t really a good control because I decided to go to bed, and I slept during my dream, and when i waked up (in my dream) I was always lucid and I had a very good control (I mean a good level of lucidity).

Im not sure but I guess so I have the same experience and it’s funny because it was the first time where I saw the time. (I mean I saw the night, morning, afternoon).

all you did was use going to sleep to become aware because your SC still wanted to LD

Hey! I’ve experienced this too… I had a normal dreams and lay down on my old teenage bed to go to sleep and then saw HI form and entered another dream lucidly. I just behaved as if it was any other normal lucid dream and then i could feel myself waking back up in the ND bed… i tried to hold onto the lucid dream but i couldn’t.
Anyway, i started to write down my lucid dream (while still actually in a normal dream) and tell my family about it… and then actually woke up IWR. So i guess i had a normal dream, lucid dream, then back to the normal dream and a false awakening! Phew! It was a bit confusing :smile:

Not so! This is still a form of DILD. It doesn’t matter if you’re dreaming about dreaming as it is all the same dream anyway. You don’t have multiple dreams within dreams, it just seems that way. So yes, the normal dream you started in became lucid (aleit with a unique induction method) and was then probably followed by a false awakening.

Recently I had 2 in the same night, but both were ND’S. First I dreamt that I became lucid and colors became much more bright and vivid, but I wasn’t actually lucid at all. In the second dream, I was in a mall looking up at the second floor balcony thinking to myself that I was lucid and I wanted to climb up there and jump off and fly. Both of these dreams were only about a few minutes or so in length. Strange.

Yeah, I too experienced ‘Dreaming in a dream’ thing’. In the dream, I was sitting in my bed and decided to do a WILD. I tried, saw something like HI and two seconds later I was in another dream. A burning phoenix was holding a kind of battle robot which was shooting rockets at me. I got scared and left this dream. Then I decided to enter it again. When I did that, I was fully lucid. I destroyed the robot by shooting rockets from nowhere. Then I looked at the dreamworld. It was a snowy landscape with many crashed burning planes and houses, like after a war. Somehow I was stupid enough to say ‘Mission accomplished, no point in dreaming this anymore’ and I got back to the dream which was before I did the in-dream-WILD. I noticed, my right eye was still dreaming, while my left was awake. I got creeped out and woke up IRL. Quite confusing dream, but it’s interesting to see that you can dream in your dreams.
(Dream1 --WILD–> Dream2 --FA–> Dream1)

Hello Everybody

It is so good to be here and reading this topic. I just started to use the Lucid Warp program, as I have fallen way off track with LDing for way too long and have to start from scratch again.

So for day one, I have to get +Motivated+, and coming to ld4all and reading about lucid dreams is the first ingredient for the lucid dreaming formula.

Well, when I was very young I clearly remember going around in a normal dream then becoming very lucid. I would go to a bed and fall asleep and wake up in a deeper dream. I would find another bed and fall asleep and wake up in an even deeper LD. I would do this several times. Then when I decided that I wanted to wake up, I would have to back track, find the beds fall asleep to wake up in the dream b4 and the dream b4 until I would finally wake up IRL.

I love Lucid Dreaming!

that sounds almost like a scary coma #six :razz:

Holy crap #6, that is the radest thing I’ve ever heard! It reminds me of when you stand in front of the bathroom mirror while holding up mirror and you look into the mirror and it just keeps repeating forever and ever and ever.

haha, 0.0.0,

yeah, I wonder how it is for people who go into comas for like six months, let’s say if they were an avid lucid dreamer b4 the coma… fun to think :content:

Hobblefish, you bring back another childhood memory of mine. I would sometimes do just that. I would open up the mirrored medicine cabinet that was on the side of the big bathroom mirror. I would stick my face in the angle way of the 2 mirrors and gaze forever into infinity! Ha ha, my mother rapping at the door, “What on earth are you dong in there!” I would literally do this for for almost an hour straight. Infinity mesmerizes me! Maybe that’s why I had such a type of LD

Now back to the topic,
When it comes to having a lucid dream within a normal dream, it usually falls along the lines of the false awakening. What I mean by this is that I have often experienced:
First, having the LD
and Then,
having the FA where I’m like “oh cool I had an LD !” and for some reason it is common in this FA that I run to tell another person about my LD :woo: right b4 I actually wake up.
Although in RL I usually don’t go off running to tell someone about my LD :eh:

Whoa! Like 0.0.0 said, that really does sound like a scary coma! :eek: Cool, for the consistent lucidity and maintained awareness of your need to ‘keep backtracking to the previous bed’ each time you woke up again in the dream, but scary in the very fact you had to do that to wake up.

It would be fascinating if you had a few of these dreams again, to test out the scenario with what you know now about lucid dreaming!

Oratpart, believe me, I’m really working on it. it’s too bad that it I’m not LD’ing all the time like how it was when I was little. Imagine, I actually had the “problem” of trying to wake up from lucid dreaming. Now it’s totally backwards!
I feel lucky if I can become lucid even once a week. And I feel even luckier if I can stay lucid for even 5 minutes. I think I need to meditate every morning and night about my childhood dreaming. I have to recapture that sense of always living lucid, that colorful freedom of endless lucid dreams!

I sympathise with you there! If only to have the unbridled, fertile creative mind of a child again hey. I used to have LD’s, without knowing there was even such a concept, right through my childhood - I thought it was actually a normal part of dreaming! But yeah, as an adult it’s a much different story :sad:

To be able to tap back into it again would be awesome. There surely must be a connection to that way of being and the people here that are masters of LD’ing. All the best #Six in your attempts to cultivate your lucidity and explore this dream scenario!

On a side note, I am stoked to have just had, a couple of days ago, my first intentional lucid dream since stopping the pastime 7 years ago! :woo: :woo: :woo: It was really weird, just out of nowhere, I hadn’t even been reading or thinking as much about LD’ing for the last few weeks. Not only that, but it was at like 2am, in the very first REM cycle, and went for what felt like a full 15-20 mins. Man I can’t bring these on when I try, and then out of the blue that! Hmmm :hmmm:

I’m not sure I agree. Our minds are no less creative than as a child, it’s just we burden ourselves with the stresses and troubles of life. Our creative energy is expended trying to solve problems… ideally, or worrying about what might happen, in some cases. It’s not something that has been lost, its a state of mind we have adopted. Which can be changed. This is the feeling I have been getting, from observing my dreams when I have slept in a good mood feeling ‘unburdened.’

[center]------------[/center]

I have had dreams like this before, especially when I was trying WILD a lot. I would dream about trying to WILD. I usually succeeded in these dreams. In one particular one I started to float upwards and had some weird creature grab my foot. Then the dream faded.

Yep had an LD like that one too once.
Dreamed in my dream that I had an LD. In my LD a friend of mine had gotten a tattoo on the back of his neck, under his hair. When I woke up in my ND I decided to go to my friend and see if my LD had been prophetic cause he hadn’t told me he was going to do that. Sure enough, I lifted up his hair and there it was, the tattoo I dreamed about. When I woke up for real, I couldn’t help but wonder if he had gotten a tattoo there. He hadn’t though. That would have been really something!

So true: Like we are still the same as we were when we were 7 years old. The difference is that we new skills, have jobs/ school, Responsibility… Now it seems we have something to worry about which hampers our totally free mind to always lucid dream. But yes, it does Not have to be this way!

The other day, I was practicing to push all worries aside, and I had a dream that I remembered that I wanted to lucid dream(became lucid for 1 second)…so this was like an LD within a normal dream. :wiske:

I dreamt about LDs in a normal dream! It is so annoying, and yet sooo sooo close!!!
But Im happy, I have at least 1 LD in a week :happy: