The Spirit of Gifting XII
print ShareShare 

Who have you told?

Page 4 of 5Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author  Message 
Ysim
Playground King
Globahead
Ysim has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Wolfgame
LD count: count++;

PostPosted: Sat 05 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

I haven't told anyone in my family. To me lucid dreaming is more of a personal journey...quest...thing.

I have mentioned it toa few of my good friends and most of them just dissmissed it with indiffernce. They didn't think it was evil, just wierd. (And, of course, I'm the oddest one of my group of friends)

The only one who has taken intrest was my girlfriend, Cassie (Roxi), and as a result I got her to join LD4all and begin her quest. biggrin

Current LD goal(s): Have a game of nighttime-daytime.
Genkai
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat 12 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

Lol For me, it normally just ends in a slap in the face and someone asking me how much coffee I've been drinking. Coincidentally (read: *really* coincidentally) lucid dreaming came up once among my friends and when I went on a rant about WILD and Stephen LaBerge's EWLD the conversation quickly changed to World of Warcraft after a long pause and many odd stares. cry

Davide
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 12 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

I told about Lucid dreaming to some of my friends, and the best way to describe their reaction would be 'interested, but little faith'. That was quite good compared to being considered crazy colgate Still, the more people know about it, the better it is colgate

Shikihe
Prodigy
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 13 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

I cant be arsed to tell people about LD's

I've tried, I've told about them. But I think most people got this delusional thinking towards dreaming, that its like blurry and messy and unreal and not even close to reality. And I think this is because their DR is so bad, they never recall anything in great detail. So they think LD'ing isnt worth it coz dreams are "dreams" and not "real".

One of my friends said the most stupidest comment of all time when I told him about LD'ing and that it is as real as waking life, he said "but its not real, it doesn't happen for real when you sense something in dream, if you touch something, you are not really touching anything for real" <-- I almost hated him after that, I think he wasn't aware of how dreams are created and that they can be as real as waking life.

Then after all my LD discussions with me he ended up having few low level LD's and I think he thought it wont get better than that. He even asked "was my dream LD? because it wasnt very real tho I knew I was dreaming" That was it for me, he didn't even research the subject to have any basic understanding about LDing or dreaming in general so I didn't bother anymore.

Some other replies:

"I know about it, its too hard, waste of time, I tried, I failed"
"its waste of time"
"its not real"

I don't care, they just cannot believe what they are missing in life, their loss.

deltaandroid
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 14 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

i was so overwhelmed by the excitementof my first lucid, i had to tell someone!

Me: Hey, do you know you can control your dreams?
Him: Yuh, shut u bah, your crazy
Me: No really, i had one last night!
Him: Like, how do you do it?
Me: (I explain the concept of reality checks etc.)
Him: Yeah, Im afraid Ill get possesed, or die

THE END

chambered_nautilus
byline worm
Dream Deity
LD count: quite a few

PostPosted: Mon 21 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

I've told my parents, although I've never actually used the phrase 'lucid dreaming.' I just occasionally mention it in the context of telling them some dream I had. my dad says he's done it before, but he'd never really thought of actually trying to control things. Mostly he just occasionally changed what he was dremaing about. ("What? Why am I dreaming about water polo? Can't I watch something else?" *POOF*)

I don't think I've mentioned it to any of my friends, because they just don't seem interested. I may have mentioned it when a sort of related subject came up, as that's how most of my large stash of random knowledge gets out into the world. (At one point I had to explain sleep paralysis to one of my friends, who presented it to me in sort of an "omg somethin' scary happened to me!" way.)

The Science of Lucidity
Dream Scientist
Somniologist

Told both of my best friends. They were both originally skeptical until one found out his mother is an ex-practitioner of lucid dreaming. Currently, that friend is building up his recall and hopefully will one day be posting on here as well.

darleen_j

I told a friend about SD, she was very intrested and now we're trying to have one every night siiw

encrypt
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

What do your friends/relative think about lucid reams?
PostPosted: Fri 16 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum... I've had 2-3 LDs in my life so far (i'm eighteen years old) and since some time i'm trying to learn to become lucid by myself and not by accident.

I never told my friends/parents about lucid dreaming... did you? How did they react?
I think if i told them they are going to thing that i'm crazy or something like that eh

Current LD goal(s): Get over my fears and start using WILD every night
Lord Antares
Limitless
cookie lover
Lord Antares has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

Same here...

Also, there is a topic wink5
This is probably going to get merged into that topic.

I have told one of my friends, he just laughed and thought I was joking.

Well, there are people here to share my dreams to *shrug*.

Oh, and...welcome to the forum :D

Lolz4All
Combat the Infinite
Somniologist
LD count: Why to count?

My mom though I would become crazy of such a thing, and had forbidden it, I still was doing it, and I`m perfectly alright. And then they think it`s stupid and worthless,
and that it takes away the sleep since you are aware in dreams,
lies, they truly think they know everything of the sleep.. sadblauw

Rubiks_Cube_Man
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
Rubiks_Cube_Man has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: lost count

PostPosted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

my parents are ok with it. They say, "who cares whats going on in his head while hes asleep"

chambered_nautilus
byline worm
Dream Deity
LD count: quite a few

A lot of people I've spoken to about it say they've done it themselves once or twice. I've never had anyone say I was crazy or anything! Probably the least positive response I've gotten was just a neutral "Whoa huh I didn't know that happened" kind of a thing.

Puce
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Puce has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

My friends were always quite positive and encouraging about it. How great they are! As for my parents, I haven't talked to them about this at all. Not that they wouldn't understand, but I guess they'd probably find this a bit... "interesting". I, however, talked to my sister (who's almost 8 years old) about this, and she was pretty intrigued too, but she said she couldn't remember her dreams very much, and I couldn't tell her to keep a DJ because her handwriting is still very slow. I'll continue my "teachings" when she grows up a bit more though.

Pirateful
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 13

Puce wrote:
I'll continue my "teachings" when she grows up a bit more though.

That made me smile ^^ Your sister is very lucky to have a real life dream guide.

Page 4 of 5Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

print   ShareShare