Hearing sounds

I don’t know whether this has to do with LD or not, but whenever I think back on my dreams, they’re just imageries. People speak in my dreams but when I wake up, I can’t recall any sounds at all. It’s like I’m deaf in my dreams.

However last night I was preparing to sleep, just closing my eyes and suddenly I heard sounds. I heard a hammer beating against wood and minutes later someone drumming. I couldn’t see any imageries of that, just the sounds. I got scared 'cause it was so foreign, it was nothing I’ve ever experienced before. While telling myself not to be afraid of it, suddenly I hear my own voice saying “I’m so damn scared.”

It was like hearing someone else speak, only it was in my own voice. Y’know how you hear yourself when you speak and then when you record it, it sounds entirely different and you wonder “is this how I sound to other people?”. Yeah, that was kinda how I heard it.

Thus my question is, has this something to do with LD? I’m just kinda confused, 'cause it was as if I was asleep, yet not.

Moved from Lucid Adventures.

What you experienced sounds like Hypnagogic Hallucinations (or HH). It is common for people to experience this as they are falling asleep, and it’s basically a state between asleep and awake. It’s the same kind of thing as when you have a little mini dream that you’re walking and you trip and then you flinch IRL.

Thats nothing to be scared off, Its just HH. Uh… Yeah,
read Rhewins reply for more info, its hhard typing on the DS…

Just enjoy the feeling and remember it is all in your mind.