Waking up with a song in your head

It’s been happening a lot with me, it’s kinda weird. I wake up with a song stuck in my head. Sometimes it’s a song I’ve actually been listening to a lot, sometimes it’s just a song that I like to hear. Most of the time though, it’s a song I’ve heard once or twice and don’t even like! :bored:

Anyone else ever wake up with a song stuck in their head?

Yea that happned to me the other day I forgot what song it was, but it was a song I havnt heard in years from a band I never listen to. What song did you hear?

Happens to mme Quite often :roll: as long as the songs arent the ones I dont like I dont care, its become natural for me :tongue:

Happens some times though that I dont hear a song in my head at all

Oh, this has happened so many times I’ve forgotten most of them. I had Tool in my head the other morning, but I’ve been listening to that. Once I woke up with Pitty (a brazilian singer/group, which I never listen to!) Sometimes, I think, even commercial jingles :lol:

I have a song going in my head at almost all times, whether I like it or not. Waking up, going to bed, all the time. It’s actually hard for me to actively clear my head of any song; usually when I want to get a song out of my head, I have to replace it with something else that will then get stuck. The selection is usually something I’ve heard recently, but sometimes it’s completely random. It rarely bothers me since I don’t listen to music I don’t like, and only those songs get memorized enough to play in my head. Still, occasionally something both catchy and annoying gets in there, but that happens to everyone.

I’ve actually got a lot of old video game music catalogued in the back reaches of my brain, and sometimes it pops in as well. Guess what was playing in there during my last test? The Super Mario World intro theme.

Yes, almost everyday. Once i started recording it in my dream journal - it was really interesting seeing which songs it was, i mean one was from the nineties - a mel b song, which i’d not listened to in years.

I got it today and yesterday come to think of it, really strange songs.

The only songs i ever wake up with are ones that my SC made up. Theyre actually quite good, and normally I can easily pick out any tune by ear (yes i have perfect pitch) but these songs as soon as i try i cant. :sad:

When I was 12 years old and on holiday with my family in Barbados before Christmas in 1998 I had a dream of a mermaid sitting on a rock on the sea and singing a rather beautiful song.
When I woke up I got my guitar and wrote the sheet music for it, and I still remember the melody.

It’s also worth noting that Paul McCartney heard the entire melody for “Yesterday” while sleeping and then kept playing it when he woke up so he could remember it.

Perfect pitch? You lucky bastards. :razz:

My SC produces awesome music from time to time, but like anything else in a dream, it slips away from me before I can record it. Only once have I ever successfully pulled any music from a dream, but I was never able to record it on my MIDI program because it turns out that it used some pitches that were in between the standard notes (how do you notate “somewhere between C and C#”?).

It happens to me also quite often that there is a song in my mind when I wake up. I really like that much, because it feels comforting. But this is not only the case when I wake up, but also when I fall asleep, and am awake long enough. Then the one or other song sneaks into my mind.

Somehow I think that this must also be the reason because of which mothers sing lullaby songs for their babies to let them fall asleep. And perhaps it also has to do with the theory that the right brain hemisphere is more active during sleep, and continues that while the awakening is in progress.

This happens to me all the time. Sometimes they’re songs I don’t even like. They almost never relate to what I was dreaming about, so I have no idea why it happens.
(・ω・?

Yesss, it happens every now and then.

Recently I woke up with a song in my head that played all through the dream in the background. It was a theme-song of a children’s show I used to watch about twelve years ago, when I was six years old. I haven’t heard that song since then and suddenly it appeared in my dream, haha. :’)

Yeah its so weird i wake up with a song in my head and when i shower thats i all i think about is the song

Yup. I can’t tell you most of them, but I can tell you about that song “I want you to want me” getting in there. Except in my dream it was a woman singing it…