When did you had your first LD?

I don’t know if this subject is already on the forum but i couldn’t find it. Just curious, when did you had your first LD? After a few days or did it take much longer?

One my first night I had a really bad one (had hardly any control and was only 1-2 seconds long. After about 1.5 weeks after first trying I had my first decent one.

Been trying for 3 months. Haven’t had one

A few weeks after i got on these forums. But it was a horrible LD. Was only lucid for seconds. Probably around the october of 2009

When I was around 5 or 6, it was to get rid of my nightmares.

I was also about 6. A DC told me that i could come back to the dream after i woke up. I fell asleep again into the same dream, and knew it was a dream. It felt like i had discovered magic. :cool_laugh:

Joining LD4all made me have a lot more LDs, they used to be rare and random. It took 2-3 weeks from i joined this to i had a LD.

It looks like everyone had a LD so fast… Did you had to try really hard for it?

Mine was in the summer of 2006, 20 days after I first learned about it and tried it. :smile:

Yesterday! 3 months after i found out about it!:slight_smile: It was only a second long though

Congratulations! :smile:

It sounds like a magic! Great! :slight_smile:

Thanks Laura!:slight_smile:

I was walking in a massively open area, it was really bright and sunny. I could feel the wind on my skin, it was loud and very calming. I remember just randomly saying “this is a dream”. I was so confused, I tried running but it started to fade. It lasted about 10 seconds.

Although It felt awesome and strange, I didn’t read up online about it. I actually thought it was some random thing I felt. Some months later I was watching a random youtube video of someone explaining dreams and mentioned ‘lucid dreaming’. I quickly went online and did some google searches. And boom! I was introduced into the world of lucid dreaming.

I couldn’t believe it was a ‘thing’. People studying it, developing methods to increase the frequency and length of it. I eventually found this forum, read the guides on it. A week later I had a 2 second LD started from pushing my fingers through the wall (my RC). Few days later I woke up from another LD of the same RC but after a FA, again lasting afew seconds.

Few weeks after that I had one last 1 min. After reading some guides and learning keeping a DJ is a good idea I was happy I had been doing it already. I was always interested In my dreams. Always waking up and thinking “how the hell did I think that was real”.

Anyway, thats how it all started for me, hopefully I can actually get to a point I last atleast 10 mins+.

GL on the journey within!

I had my first LD 12 days after I started trying, but it only lasted about 10 seconds. And that was over 2 years ago! Now I’m getting back into LDing and I want to see if I can break my previous record :content: . I’ve been at it for 5 days so far.

about a month after I started to keep a DJ …and it was long and amazing LD :tongue:

That’s awesome!!!

Cool! I have to keep motivated because i’m losing my patience :smile:

I am to it will come don’t worry keep trying

I had my first LD a few days ago, after about a month of trying. It only lasted about a minute, but it was such a cool experience. Now I look forward to every night’s sleep! :happy: