Help me, I'm losing my interest...

You are really unlucky that you have not had ld’s so far. You will have them oneday and oneday soon. Once you have had your first one your intrest will imediatly rekindle itself. I would suggest. Looking at my C-WILD topic since there is no programing your mnd (mild) or trying to form a dream and trying to chase sp, hh and hi (WILD)
This technique should bring results within a week. It maybe short of low lucidity but any ld is worth it and should do the motivation trick. :content:

Look, you’re going to have them but only if you keep them on your mind. Read other people’s journals, keep imagining the experience, make it new again!

You’re not unlucky at all to not have one so far. For some people it takes a bit longer. When I first found out about LD’s, it took me almost a year to get even my first fragment. I lost interest after just a month or so, and I realize now it cost me hundreds of LD’s. You have to push through. You can do it, you just have to stay focused. Is the possibility of controlling your own universe not worth a bit of patience? Is the ability to fly around Saturn’s rings and walk on the surface of the sun not alluring in the slightest?

Doing an RC takes almost no effort. Even if you cut out all other LD inducing acitivities, what does it hurt, how much time does it take to pinch your nose and check in you can breath?

If you want to not put in any effort, then this is a lost cause for you. But if you can devote even just a few moments, the rewards are worth it. It may take a while to get those rewards, but they WILL come.

Hey, I know what you mean when you feel you’ve lost your enthusiasm.

I dunno if this will help you but maybe you should try talking to someone about lucid dreaming in reality. Try to get someone else interested so that you can share your experiences with them.
It may help if it is someone you are close with like a family member, a sibling or even your mum.

It worked for me. I occasionally keep my brother updated and one day he mentioned about becoming lucid during his dream. That night I had a lucid as well.

Anyhoo, good luck and don’t give up. :smile:

I agree with Myne, sharing it with people and striving for a goal in 2 or more can make it much more interesting, and also easier. Try to find someone near you that values his/her dreams, and they’ll be raptured by the possibility of being lucid ^^

Also, if you find you can’t do something prior to the techs (like falling asleep again for WBTB), then I suggest you take it lightly, one step at a time, it won’t cost you much, given the results it will bring :content:.

Lastly, it can do a great deal to one’s character to start meditating. Just taking half an hour for yourself and your thoughts, relaxing and listening to your surroundings. It will help you a lot, and I talk from experience here. :wink:

All of the above advice is more than enough to get you back on your feet. Instead of reiterating some of what others have said, I’ll simply tell you that you’ve already accomplished the hardest part of trying to lucid dream. Writing this thread and asking for help proves that. Somewhere inside of you, you desperately yearn for one. With that desire and internal goal, like everybody else said, it’s only a matter of time before it’s fulfilled. If you can just keep feeding your mind lucid dreaming related information, you will have a lucid dream.

Remember, we all posess the ability :wink:

Laurelindo - I totally get it. I’ve lost interest like a gazillion times. I think as long as you make a little effort everyday (even just thinking about LDing) it will help. Just try to remember how excited you were when you first found out about LDs that always helps me.

Good Luck, I’m sure you’ll be LDing real soon! :smile:

Just think about yourself in 30 years:
Just think about 30 years of LDing expierience!
Wouldn´t that be hilarious? :woo:

There is alot of time. If you don´t feel like getting up for WBTB every night (like me :tongue: ) take it slowly.

All you need is to have your mind on LDs a little bit. Thing you could do
-keep a Dream Journal
-reading in the dreams of others
-think of things you would like to do
-create your own dreamworld! :dream:
-write/think up a story in /about your dreamworld :write:
-just be inspired :grin:
-daydreaming when you are bored
-… insert thousands of other cool things here

As already said, meditation is a great thing. It helps you to evolve mentally. :yinyang:

To repeat it:

You have a LOT of time. when not profiting right now, then later. The effort is small. Make writing short notes in a Dream Journal a routine and take everything chilled out. :smile:

Thanks for all your replies. :smile:
I actually think I’m starting to rekindle my interest, because I’ve started trying techniques again and done reality checks every so often since yesterday morning. :smile:
Reading about your own success stories after several months of trying gave me new hope, after all I’ve only been trying for one month or so. :tongue:

I have most frequently been trying this WBTB-WILD combo, and I’ve felt more “alive” in some dreams using that technique, like I could make somewhat active decisions and pay attention to my surroundings a bit more - I was not really lucid though, but it’s probably a good sign. :tongue:

:partying_face:

No doubt about it! It may seem subtle but that’s really important in getting you lucid :wink:

I’m gonna start doing that in WILD. sit up in my bed when i wake up for 30 seconds. if that doesn’t work i’ll change it until the time is rightfor me

i just wish i could have one, just ONE LD…

There are a few steps to make.

1. Improve your dreams, and your visualizations. This can be done first and foremost by recalling as much as possible about your dreams, all the little details, especially the kinds you want to be more frequent, like visual. That will state loud and clear that you want more of that, and I’m sure you’ll be able to supply yourself with plenty ^^

2. Clear out, define what you really want. I know you want LD, but the fact is, you often gotta try to be more specific, your definition of LD might be off track. To do so, try reinventing your dreams, by putting lucidity in them (write your dream again, only this time you get lucid in the middle of it). That, or invent one of the amazing LD’s you want, by scratch, Let your imagination run wild, and be smooth about the results. It’s just a story afterall.

3. Use WBTB, and start stating your intention of becoming lucid during your dreams, before falling asleep. Mantras and intentions can greatly increase the chance of making you realize you’re in a dream.

4. Feel motivation, you can do anything if you believe enough in it. Read this topic for further development of the idea.

5. Read DJ’s for inspiration. Read of the amazing adventures anyone can have in their dreams, get accustomed to the idea, start daydreaming about your own. Here’s one of the best examples we have here.

6. Remember that lucidity is first and foremost about awareness, simple awareness of the here-now, of what’s happening around you and inside you at any moment. We call it Lucid Living.

7. Let it happen. And have fun.

[com]It’s from another topic, but it should work for you too. :content:[/com]

I’ve been an on again off again member here since Freshman year when I first discovered lucid dreaming. I get my interest back anytime I have an unintentional LD or whenever I just remember how amazing LD is. Just keep at it, and be patient. It will come I promise.

Tim, the webmaster of Lucidipedia, once said that you should strive for a specific experience instead of a “lucid dream”.
If you had a concrete goal with your lucid dreams it would be much easier for your brain to make something out of it.

I think that one thing that could possibly be holding you back is the way that you are looking at lucid dreaming. If you look at it as something that is not ever possible to achieve, you will not achieve it. You need to look at lucid dreaming as something that is very possible and something that you know, with practice and patience, you will be able to achieve. I know from experience, I found out about lucid dreaming and dedicated much of my time to it every day, and two weeks later I had my first one. Good luck on your journeys, and just remember to stay positive.

WBTB isnt getting up for two minutes or more, even i misinterpreted this, your only supposed to sit up, tur off the clock (if your using one, auto-suggestion is also a way to do this) and just go back to doing your normal rutine. (auto-suggestion, WILD, etc.)

i lost interest in mid 2009, for about 4 months, but when i got to thinking about it, i realized this reality almost SUCKS compared to that one!
i mean, think of the possibilities.
magic, dragons, spirit guides, weapons, cash, things we dont even undertsand!
and think of whats not there.
responsibility, bosses, work, douschebags (there are a few ofthose though, DC’s can be mean at times >_>)
just think of everything you cant do in RL, in fact, make a LIST, and title it “things i cant do in real life.”

now, scratch out the title and write “things i can do in a lucid dream.”

Keep trying! It’s worth the effort! :smile:
This may sound silly, but look for some “hidden” signs that prove that you don’t believe you will become lucid. Let me explain:
I have a really cool dream log, and keep it by my bed, with light and pen. And I kept imagining myself writing my first Lucid dream in it, which I did. Then nothing absolutely nothing happened for two months. Did my RCs, read books,etc., but I was hooked so it’s easier to hang on then. So I bought a dream log for just LDs put it on my dresser, where it sat for a few weeks so I could see it, and thereby remember what I really wanted. Then one day I walked into my bedroom and saw it there and I realized what I had done. Called myself an idiot! I put the LD dream log next to my regular dream log, and had my 2nd and most awesome LD that very same night, and the next night. So by putting the LD log on top of my dresser away from me, I was admitting to not being able to have another LD anymore, that I was just wishing.

Hi Laurelindo!

Holy cow do I know THAT feeling…yeah, me & the holy cows LOL

I’ve been in a kinda blue funk these days, and although I’m coming up out of it thank heaven, I can tell you it directly blocked any lucid dreams from happening. As well, I’ve got a little ADD, and concentrating takes a bit of effort for me–my mind just wanders all over the place. And, like you seem to indicate, I get rather discouraged easily. So please don’t give up on your practice–and I’m giving that suggestion to myself as well: I’ve had lucid dreams in the past, and they’re BEYOND cool. Once having had the experience, you’ll want to repeat it.

One lucid dream I had a few years ago I entitled ‘My New Pals On The Dream Network’. In the dream, I was in a loftspace, complete with crystals, light workers, and demigods and goddesses–including a girl with turquoise skin!! These gods and goddesses sent me love vibes–I’m not kidding–and I was ‘high’ on that dream for 2 weeks!

~shared the dream with some of my more conservative friends, and they thought I’d gone bonkers!

Hang in there, and don’t give up…you WILL have a lucid dream!

R Raj eL

Wow, 2 weeks!? that sounds amazing! :happy: And welcome to ld4all, I hope you have a great time here :wave:

YOoooo!! =D

Why lose interest of something that is about challenging yourself?

LD is not the easiest thing to accomplish, I who can get LD at will (about 80% of the times) thought about quitting and so I did… At least for a while, why I quitted? Well couldn’t come up with more things to try out =P anyhow I thought some more about it, then I realised that it would be much cooler if I could manage to get an LD every night I sleep without putting an effort into it… And that is my main goal atm…

Since we spend ALOT of time sleeping during a lifetime it’s totally worth it…

If you quit, consider the things you will be giving up. Since dreams doesn’t take away any of your time at day then why not use the time given to us here on earth to live life to the max!! =D