Weird stomach feeling when falling

Firstly, I hope this is the right forum to ask this, since I’m kinda new here and don’t know yet what goes where.

Ok so since my 4th age or something I’ve had dreams of where I fall down, and get this super annoying feeling in my stomach, it’s always such an unpleasant feeling that I wake up.

Is it because my mind thinks I’m falling down but my body is still lying IRL?

These things mostly happen when I am hanging at something very high in the sky (3 KM or so) and I know I won’t be able to hold on forever. But I don’t want to because I know I will get an annoying feeling (as if I know I am dreaming, but I never got lucid that way though). And then when I start falling I get that feeling.

I’ve been having this question since the first dream I experienced it with.

Thanks!

Are you talking about the same feeling you get when you’re on a roller coaster? If so, I get that in dreams where I’m falling as well.

It’s like your body reacts in the dream world as it would in similar real life situations.

The real question is, would you still get that feeling, even if you have not yet felt it in real life first?

Hey! Yes, I know the feeling and it happened to me too both in my dreams and in real life but I can not remember when I had the feeling first, in my dream or in the real life. I agree that this is a great question. Can we feel things in dreams that we have not felt in RL?

Indeed, excellent question. In fact, I made a topic on it here if you’d like to further discuss it. :grin: Yes, topic advertising.

Yes, I have this a lot! :nuu: I’ve made a couple topics about it, I’ll see if I can dig them up later (not that they’ve reached any conclusion… :anx:) I get it when I fall and when I fly. Even in LD’s where I try to fly by simply levitate a couple centimeters above the ground I get this annoying feeling.

I don’t know if I’ve ever felt this IWL, at least this strong (I’ve never been on a rollercoaster :shy: Probably I know I’ll get that feeling so I stay off them!)

It’s specially annoying when flying. I mean, flying should be fun!! :grrr:

EDIT: found one only

Interesting-i only feel it in rl. But there are definetely some things you can feel in dreams that you cant in rl. For example, flying without aid of machinery.

So I have been always having dreams where I enter an elevator , and as soon as it goes down my stomach drops and it feels real every time ! Any clues on why this happens

First of all, welcome to the forum! I don’t think dreams need a reason to make you experience something strange. Logic doesn’t limit your experiences, so even if you normally don’t feel strange in the stomach when in an elevator, a dream might invent that feeling. Does it have special meaning? I don’t think so, but who am I to judge. Why does it feel so real? Anything you experience in waking life is processed by the same brain that creates dreams. It can recreate any feeling realistically, or make it even feel more real than waking life as absurd as that sounds.