Does this work while lucid?

I heard practicing sports while lucid can actually get you better at sports in real life. Is this true?

It’ll help a lot with coordination. I think it’s Lucidity_Master that sometimes practices golf, and he says it’s helped out some. However, it will not build muscle tone or muscle memory, so it’s no where near as effective as the real thing. Not to mention you might get the physics slightly wrong in your dream.

I think it does develop muscle memory too as, you know, memory is a thing of the mind, not the muscles’ :tongue: If the dream feels real enough, and is real enough (in terms of physics involved), then why couldn’t you memorize a certain movement? IMHO it’s entirely possible, that’s how Lucidity_Master developed his new swing.

Yeah would it help my coordination of running football routes?

touche, again foxy. But muscle memory without building the actual muscle is a bit different. And yes Rhett, it can help your coordination when running routes. Heck, you could play a whole game against an opposing team if you want.

Yes!!! That’s what i need to work on the most in football. I could get so good at that

i actually practice this with roof jumping and coordination, if you’ve ever played assassins creed 1 or 2 this is almost an exact example of lucid practice.
i dont know the official name, i call it lucid practice, what it does is allows you to hold memories and abilities that you gain while lucid and reatain those abilities in WL as long as you have the physical capacity to do the things you did in the lucid dream, wich i can go roof-jumping, so i practice my coordination and balance while lucid.
lucid practice is great for things such as physical combat, physical coordination, catching (as in sports, like baseball), swordfighting, balance, but things such as speedtraining, physical stamina, and muscle toning arent possible through lucid practice, considering that all has to do with muscles, and your not actually using any muscles besides your brain while lucid :grin:

Yeah, it would help with coordination but not with anything like muscles strength. And as to the physics, try yelling out loud IRL physics, or real life physics in the dream to tell your subconscious to enforce normal physics. Don’t forget to put a little will behind it.

Oh, and Assassin’s Creed rules! :grin: