LC #24, Final Task: Make Dream Characters Lucid!

Still no Lucid Dream and my dream recall is also crap. sigh

After most of my exams are over (which should be after Friday) I’ll try to focus more on this. After all, I subscribed to try and see if I could improve my dream recall and LDing skills.
It will probably help to read other people’s DJs but so far I can find no time for that (I can’t even find time to meet with friends this week, or to do anything not related to school. Actually, I shouldn’t be here now in the first place…)

oh, didn’t know that counts too >.> …but anyway, that dream was kind of personal so nevermind me, I’ll try next time :uh:
and I know this question is not on topic anymore, but does it count as transformation when you suddenly realize you’re someone/something else? I mean, that you didn’t want to transform, you just did? because in my opinion transformation has to include the act of transforming, doesn’t it? :neutral: I’m confused. XD

by the way, this new task kind of startled me. Yesterday I was randomly thinking about what is the next task going to be and I immediately thought “eating, for sure”
I’ve wanted to eat something in a LD since I had my first one, and never managed to :meh: because I had to fly first. and transform, and try telekinesis and going through wall and-… you know what I’m trying to say :tongue:

what if i eat something that’s not a food? :tongue:

Here’s what Wyvern wrote:
“or even better, eat stuff that isn’t even food at all!”

And I surely will… :devil:

Short lucid moment:
To my DJ
Still frustrates me a bit! :sad:

KauaiDreamer, that was an amazing transformation! :happy: More so because it is very original :content:

For me, just 2 lucid moments, in the same dream (I realized it was a lucid again after a sorta-FA). And oh, I went to bed thirsty, so I drank water in a ND :tongue: it was rough and calcareous, and I also found a slimy, transparent algae in it, that I just tasted. It was slightly sweet.

I had a long ld where I did all three tasks :eek: will post/edit in after work. Marbles don’t taste bad, btw.

(edit) here it is:

[spoiler]This was a nap, between a meeting and the actual work shift:

-I stand in the bedroom, and know instantly that it is a dream. I just fell asleep! The apartment looks as usual, apart from the door behind the sofa corner. I open it, and find a storage room similar to the one i already have. There is a slightly threatening feeling, before a dog jumps at me from the back of the room. Luckily, it runs past me.

It is so good to be in a lucid dream again, and i sing songs that i make up on the spot. My voice is deep and beautiful, so unlike my real voice! After a minute or two of this, i try to remember if i had anything to do if i got lucid, and remember the lucid challenge on LD4all. I was supposed to eat something. The first thing i see, is some glass marbles that are supposed to go into flower vases. I eat one. It tastes slightly salty and a little sweet, and feels crunchy and a little sticky. I eat another one, it tastes the same. I can’t decide if i like it or not.

It is easy to make a mirror appear on the new door. It grows out of the wood. I look like myself, only wearing different clothes: a black dress in transparent layers and tights. I want to transform into an orc for the second task of the challenge, but it isn’t working well, even if i try to make orkish grimaces. Staring into the mirror for a long time works in a way. My face slowly grows ugly, I look a little like a frog! It is a disturbing sight, and i look away. Singing with this face is strange too, i sound like a man.

I want to really transform into something interesting, and i think about the LD4all topics about this. Why not a dragon? I look around in the living room for a magical object that help me transform. There is a crystal egg on the table, and it glows faintly reddish from the inside. It must be a dragon egg. I eat it quickly, actually i swallow it whole. It feels strange, because the egg is as big as my tea mug.

“I have to get outside before i grow to big!”, i realise, and open the door. The house owner’s son is there, mowing the lawn close to my wall. He stares at me. The weather is very nice, cloudy and breezy. I stretch out my arms and feel them stretch further away than possible. My arms transform into wings, and i stand against the wind and take off flying. I feel extremely powerful! My body stretches out, my legs become small and i realise that i have a tail. It feels strange, but right for flying like this. I flap my wings and fly over the treetops, feeling more physically powerful than i can remember feeling before…

I woke up from my cat literally standing on me. It was time to go to work.[/spoiler]

No LD this night, instead i went fighting with and against wolves, also meeting a friend of mine i didnt see for a while. whole dream this morning was very nice and exciting :cheesy: Looking forward to have a LD this night!

Long LD with an FA thrown in the middle (I’ve gotten good at catching those). I ate grass with a bit o’ dirt, some grapes, and I managed to make a sandwich but woke up just as I was about to take a bite. click or die

Clicked on that little thing but nothing happened. I take it I need to copy the url of that post, but what do I do afterward? How do I paste it to the past I want to link it to?

Am I right that you want to insert a link into the post?
There is a button URL, with that you can do it. First you enter the URL (or adress) and then you write a title (like: “link to my DJ”). :smile:

Thanks blue moon, I got it. The first time I tried it, it didn’t work, that little box did not show up in which to put the URL and then the title. The 2nd time it did work.

Yay, finally a task completed in a LD! ^^ It was a medium one, but I can’t remember the last time I had a long, high-lucid dream, like this one. :happy:

Last night, I realized I was dreaming because I was flying. It was short and low-lucid dream, but at least it’s something,. clicky

I got a short lucid moment this night where I thought of the quest.

[community.ld4all.com/t/surprised-to-see-me-bombaxs-journal/30789/48)

Whoa, I have a lot to catch up on it seems!
Had no internet yesterday.

/me starts reading and adding up points…

EDIT: Here we go.

Rhewin: for the possible LD where you transformed, I’m gonna count that. You did know you were in a dream, and that’s the definition of a LD, you just thought you were in someone else’s so it sounds like it was a low lucid, but lucid nonetheless. :cool:
So | 30 lucid + 20 early + 30 transformation (awesome raptor) + 15 technique (will) + 30 LD (medium) = 125 pts |
And the Eat Task, :lol: grass tasted like celery in my dreams too and dirt tastes like dirt. Great subconscious’ think alike, eh? :tongue: You wanna count the grass and dirt as two separate things or what? I’m gonna count the dirt as tasting since it came with the grass and I’d want you to grab a handful of it. :ebil:
| 30 lucid + 20 early + 55 (grass, dirt, grapes) + 25 preparation (sandwich) + 45 LD (long, FA) = 175 pts! |

KauaiDreamer: Very nice transformation. Even if you didn’t transform into your desired form, it was still pretty complete. I’m happy the transformation techniques worked for you. Well, somewhat. :tongue: You also told me by PM that you used your shadow to verify the transformation at first, which while wasn’t in the tutorial didn’t help in the transformation itself (though I can imagine how it potentially can :happy: ) I’ll give you +5 bonus points for the originality.
Oh, and like I said before, one personal goal per person. I believe I’ve already counted one for you.
| 30 lucid + 20 early + 30 transformation (dragon) + 20 technique (grow + bonus) + 20 LD (short?) = 120 pts |

Hexaditidom : That was a good attempt! And wow, the Spore technique? That’s pretty original. :happy: (except for the copyright infringement part :lol:) For now you get LD points and Flying points. I hope you can pull off that transformation technique in the future.
| 30 lucid + 30 technique + 60 LD (long, short) = 120 pts |

Sandra: Ah, I know the feeling of exams. Don’t stress out too much. At least you still got something!
| 30 lucid + 30 technique + 20 LD (short) = 80 pts |

shinju: Personal, no problem. And yeah, a transformation dream needs to include a technique and if you just start as something else, then it doesn’t count.

Bluemoon: Don’t be frustrated. It’ll only hinder you. Be happy at the successes. You got lucid in the first place. There’s one. Now be confident that the next one will be longer.
| + 20 LD (short) |

tosxyChor: For the Flying Task, congrats on the longer LD. I know you get tired from all those annoying lucid moments and being unable to actually do anything.
| 30 lucid + 30 technique + 55 LD (short + FA, medium) = 115 pts |

Siiw: Awesome LD! And in a nap too. Congrats on completing the 3 tasks in one dream! :happy:
For the eating task| 30 lucid + 20 early + 50 food (marbles, dragon egg) = 100 pts | You’ll have to help me out here. Do you think that dragon egg would count as more than you’re capable of eating in WL?
Transformation: | 30 lucid + 20 combo + 50 transformation (ogre face, dragon) + 30 technique (mirror, egg) = 130 pts! |
And you didn’t manage to improve your score on the Flying task. Awesome job on the others. :cool:

Bombax: Hurry up and eat me, damnit. :razz: Nice to see your lucids are becoming more frequent. + 20 LD (short) |

Will edit this post again with the latest scores after I get access to my Excel sheet at home. (and if my internet works)

1. tosxyChor | 220 |
  2. Magnus | 0 |
  3. Rhewin | 400 |
  4. Hexaditidom | 140 |
  5. Bombax | 145 |
  6. KittyDreams | 0 |
  7. Rhett | 0 |
  8. Mimmo | 125 |
  9. BlueMoon | 255 |
  10. idanl09 | 0 |
  11. Ysim | 0 |
  12. Sandra | 80 |
  13. Puce | 0 |
  14. working class hero | 0 |
  15. Zacrifice | 0 |
  16. littlenemo | 115 |
  17. shinju | 0 |
  18. DreamWalker_5 | 0 |
  19. KauaiDreamer | 260 |
  20. Siiw | 370 |

Explore the Internet!

The goal of this task is get online! Explore the web. You can of course do this two ways. You simply go to a computer and log on from there, or you can pass through the screen and download yourself to the online world (or get to the online world from some other means of transportation)! This is an exploring task so lots of description will be required! :tongue:

You get 15 pts if you can get on a computer, but 25 points instead if you can get on the internet from the computer. If you go IN the internet, you get 35 points instead.

For every separate site you visit, you get 20 points each. Be sure to provide as much information as possible. (ex. What’s the site name, what’s it about, how does it look, etc. ) If you are IN the internet, describe how the site is represented too.
Separate pages in the site can potentially count if they’re drastically different. If they do count, pages within the same site are 10 points each.

Those of you who are in the internet get the added bonus by gaining points based on each different technique you use to go from one site to the next. Each method is 10 points.

If you encounter a virus, you get 10 points.

If you can manage to go to LD4all from the computer, you get 30 points, and from there, if you manage to either view this topic, make a post anywhere, or access your LD4all DJ, you get 10 more points!

For those of you who are IN the internet, if you manage to go to LD4all (make sure to describe it as well as you can), you get 40 points, and if you manage to find a member, you get 10 more points!

Good luck everyone. :cool:

I see lots of possible points. Rhewin likes this task :grin:

I caught the vorrific LD tonight, just in time. At least that’s what I think. I hope I’m in time, right? :tongue:

[community.ld4all.com/t/surprised-to-see-me-bombaxs-journal/30789/49)