Milk and honey :)

looks like i´m gonna be tryin´ hot chocolate soon, becuse i´m still not getting anywhere.
i know i dreamed last night (yeah, i know we all dream every night, but i´m sure you know very well what i´m trying to say), but i wasn´t able to recall it in the moning.

well, i managed not to fail as bad as i did on previous nights this night (what a sentence, ain´t it!?). i was able to remember a very short dream where i learned that i got a 3 on my test. neat!
i´ll be doing milk and honey for three more nights and then switch to hot chocolate for a short while.

lolz what

milk and honey bad? no. delicious.

nothing last night. uhhhhhh…

thats probably because you didnt drink enough. Also, perhaps the fat content of the milk matters?

“thats probably because you didn´t drink enough” - i wish i heard that phrase more often (possible zing!)…
ok… how much should i drink then? and i´ve drunk the mix with both 2,5% and 3,5% milk.
about last night - nothing. this is starting to suck.

this dryspell is not human! it can´t be reasoned with!
again, nothing.

64, when are you waking up and when do you normally write dreams down? If you’re not already, you should really consider setting an alarm for 5 1/2 hours after you fall asleep. You may not remember dreams from before it, but the dreams after will be much easier. You don’t even have to get out of bed, you just need to interrupt the start of that REM cycle.

Yep 64 I too believe that helps. I have been waking myself up at 4 AM every morning, staying up for at least half hour, basically spending the time writing down my dreams before the alarm went of, (most of the time I remember at least some fragments if I don’t remember the whole dream). Then I read or re-read something about LDing, and go back to sleep with the thought of what I want to achieve once lucid. It has really helped me! So far I have had 6 LDs in the last 2 weeks.
And don’t forget RCs during the day. The one I am still working on and still haven’t mastered :sad: is doing an RC every time I open a door (cupboard, fridge, regular door etc.) I can’t believe how often I still miss them because my head is in the clouds, thinking about one thing or another and not being present in the moment.
Also, get one of those little clip-on book lights so you don’t torture yourself by turning on a bright light right after waking up. Those little book lights get you used to light slowly.

first of all, a big thanks for your help and ideas, kauaidreamer and rhewin. i will probably try that waking up thing for some time (i have tried it before, but not for a long period of time) and the idea of doing a reality check every time i open a door is close to being ingenious - i´ll definitely be doing that, because doing rcs is really a thing i tend to forget to do.
and i don´t have to bother with the lamp because where i live the nights are so short at this time of the year that even during the darkest three hours (between 00.00 and 3.00) you can almost read a book without any aditional light.
as it´s summer holiday for me, i ususally wake up around 10.00 and that is the moment when i write down my dreams.
so, now to what i´ve been doing -
two nights ago i had a dream and in the end actually realized it was a dream but was kinda like “uhh, it´s fading anyways, i won´t have time to do anything” - the dream really was getting blurry and fading away.
a night ago i had a normal dream and that was the first night when i drank chocolate milk (or hot chocolate, as you like) in stead of milk n honey before going to sleep.
…and last night i got nothing because… let´s say i had been consuming liquids (in addition to chocolate milk) that tend to prevent remembering your dreams.

You can thank Stephen LaBerge for that one! In his book Exploring the world of lucid dreaming page 77 (paper back version) he created a list of daily targets. He actually gives 4 examples of targets each day. Well… I created my version for Dummies (LOL) and just try to master one first, and keep at it until I’ve got it, then I’ll add another so I have 2 targets a day. I am just too much of a space cadet, and have trouble living in the here and now. :cloud9:

last night i as able to remember my dream, but at some point, i was also able to forget it. so it all equals out in the end, i believe.

last night i was woken up by my phone: i received a text message and was unable to fall asleep again afterwards, but thanks to the interruption (after 5 hrs of sleep, at 11 am) i was able to recall 3 dreams or segments.
i´ll do this thing until the end of this week and then stop the whole milk thing, i´ll just be trying different stuff then.
at this point i must say i haven´t seen any improvement in anything… but strangely enough, i´ve been getting lots of dreams about (having) sex. even last night - two dreams out of three were pretty much just SEX.

hey guys! do you think that milk and honey could also help in an afternoon nap? does anyone have some experience with this?

Writesrcube drinks a lot of chamomile tea.

It can help any time you start to sleep. We did an experiment in the lab based on this, and most who participated in the experiment found that milk helped increase DR and the vividness of dreams. There didn’t seem to be a huge difference when honey was added, but some people definitely liked the taste :razz:

um… not really, its actually really good. Try it and you will see…

Ah, warm milk and honey… :content:

I haven’t noticed it giving me any sort of amazing dreams, but it helps me fall asleep faster. And that’s nice, since I often have a bit of trouble with that.
I think it tastes pretty good, too, though I read a post about putting cream into it. I’ll try that tonight.

(By the way, I’ve heard it takes about am hour to really kick in, though).

Said BlueGecko to no one in particular.

I am guessing it has to do with the tryptophan activated when milk is warmed. Shane, I don’t drink regular milk.

i tried it for three days, it definetly improved recall, but I didnt have any lucid dream, altough i was using autosuggestions and fruit :happy:
but today, before sleep i ate some almonds (nuts), 2 bananas and drank 3dcl of apple juice, ended up with 2 ND with super recall and 1 LD …
now i think i should try all together and see what will happen :razz: but i’m pretty sure that autosuggestion is most necessary.