C-WILD Amazing technique

I’ll take that recommendation :grin: . I sometimes have issues concentrating long enough to properly perform this technique, so I need the practice.

Last night I realized why I kept drifting off and losing my place as I would do my count down.

Truthfully, it was because I my mind thought it was boring so it would try to come up with random things so that I would lose focus and unconsciously fall asleep.

So this is what I did. First I thought that my mind was like how a child is when it comes to reading. As a small kid, you need pictures to go along with your story book right? the mind wants to see some pictures, yet you need to keep it focused

So I combined visualizing with the counting.

I see a green chalk board. I see my left hand holding a white chalk stick;
Now 100 is being drawn.
Now I see right hand holding a chalk-board eraser; quickly erases 100 and then left hand quickly writes 99.
Right hand quickly erases 99 and chalk-holding hand quickly writes 98… and so on.

Or

Keep it more simple and on a dark screen I see in white the number 100 or 1000 and then it flashes to 99 or 999 and so on, actually trying NOT to verbally say the #'s in my head but simply see them.

heh sadly for me this didn’t work last night cause i couldn’t keep concentration i was so tired and then didn’t even remember any dream i may have had ;.; (was a short night 3 hours of sleep X.x)
but gonna keep trying and thats looks like a good suggestion as well

and thank you 6 :slight_smile: i should probaly go post in that new people forum soon XD

I shall try this technique!
does anyone have any hints on that?

yay had a bit of luck with this last night need to count to like 150 though i think cause i got to 100 with no luck then accidentally fell asleep XD

but wow this is awsome so far

never tried it

i will try it

I’m going to try this tonight with a twist. I think maybe making it harder count downwards would require more concentration, thus it will probably carry over into a dream. I’m going to count down in Japanese, tomorrow night I’m going to skip every other number. I’ll post if this works or if I think of any more ways.

That’s so funny I, out of the blue, started doing the same thing, I was reliving my lucid dreams in my head figuring out how my body felt. The only thing different is indeed a lighter feeling, no gravity. So I have been trying to be aware of gravity and the heaviness of my body in WL, I had not anticipated that this is actually causing me to get quite exhausted! LOL :shy:
Hopefully I can keep this up so one of these days it will dawn on me in a dream that I feel awfully light and become lucid.

It becomes easier after the first times, as it becomes less of an active chore, and more of a state of being. Good luck to you ^^

This seems really interesting! I want to try it :smile: But for some reason I’m scared of sleeep paralysis. It’s all in a state of mind but it still scares me ;__;

I am going to try this tonight.

I haven’t had any LD for a month already (normal for me in present time). Last night i read about this technique here. I didn’t plan to try it out.

What happened is this. Today early morning i had disturbed sleep because it was my turn to be with our 1y4m old son, and his sleep was disturbed. In one moment when i was awake, i remembered this technique, but i wanted to use counting just to get back to sleep. I was counting to 20 when i felt that i’m about to fall asleep. As my mind was awake i thought why not to fell asleep conciously (WILD), and i tried to keep my brain wake. When i arrived to 25 with my count i felt how SP kicked in. So it was the right time to “move” my dream body and get out from bed to start my LD :wink:

So thanks for this topic. It helped me to get lucid again :smile:

Wow, amazing! I’m glad for you. I didn’t realize however that you’re supposed to move your dream body the second sleep paralysis sets in. I’ve always just kept still waiting for images or scenes etc. But then again, I haven’t really determined yet as to whether or not that what I sense is my dream body. What I sense is very barely there.

I’m having troubles keeping my brain awake and alert that i’m falling asleep :meh:

and congrats on your LD!!

Well, i was pretty tired and afraid that if i wait few more seconds i just fall asleep unconciously. Usually when i’m not that tired and i feel SP, i don’t hurry to move “dream body out”. But now, as it felt the same sensation as during usual SP, i did not see any reason to wait any more :smile:

Last night I was just relaxing before going to sleep and listening to some binaural sounds that were accompanied by the soothing sounds of littles water waves hitting the shore. I just relaxed and focused on the sounds when all of a sudden I saw a pair of intense eyes looking at me, totally caught me by surprise seeing as I was not even attempting to notice HI. I remembered someone saying something about old hag symptoms, but her eyes (definitely feminine) were not old, only very intense. Kinda cool.

I would probably scream like a little girl if i saw those eyes. Seriously

I doubt that! I think you would have been exited, as was I, this was actually the most vivid, and very present, HI so far.

I haven’t had LDs for about a year (been too busy with school, I guess), but yesterday I decided to make a comeback. And this technique almost gave me results right away. I woke up (which I told myself to do before I fell asleep) and immediately thought about counting and then doing a RC. At times I struggled with keeping my mind focused on the numbers, but I grew more and more determined and almost shouted out the numbers in my head. Suddenly (by the number of 70, I think), I felt an extraordinary feeling all over my body - almost as if I was “dragged” into my dream, but I got too excited and woke up.

I’ll definitely try this again tonight :smile:

Congrats Revolve! Hopefully that will happen to me soon