Describe what your dream body feels like

I am wondering if you can actually use your physical body as an aid in realizing you are dreaming. Kind of hard to explain what I mean with that. :bored:
I am curious to find out how everyone’s dream body feels like to them when they are either in an ND or LD.
Is it vaguely there, or do you really sense it? Does it feel real, or does it feel lighter/heavier?
I don’t really sense my dream body at all in a dream, hence the fact that I have no problem flying or going through walls or doors. That in itself should be a huge dream sign in an ND but it isn’t for some reason! :ohno:
I am trying to be able to get lucid at will, practicing WILD, and figure I probably need to be able to sense my dream body in order to “roll over” at the right time. Let me know :help:

I know what you mean, I usually don’t feel my body either :tongue: The moments I best remember feeling my dream body are when I’m entering a WILD. If at the exact right moment I imagine rubbing my hands, for example, I can actually feel it and use the feeling to drag me into a dream. Somehow I just know it’s not my real hands. Well, one time I could feel both pairs of hands :bored: Now that was weird.

But when I do the “roll out of bed” WILD exit I just know somehow I’m at the right stage to roll out, but I don’t feel my dream body until I hit the floor :lol: The trick, though, is not to roll as you would IWL (commanding your muscles) but kinda imagining/visualizing you roll. If you’re in the right state this imagined movement will become real vivid and then you have a dream body :happy: Because if you command your body as you would IWL you’ll get that “no you don’t” feeling you get when you try to move in SP. Well, that’s how it is for me anyway :content:

Thanks Mattias, now I just have to realize when that right moment is there.
I think I’m missing it all the time, because after an hour of laying perfectly still and focusing on the sound in my ears and casually observing (peripherally) what goes on in front of my eyes my body goes from “not there” to there again and I have lost SP.

I’m still yet to know what my dream body feels like

amazing question; i will try to pay attention!

in my dreams i dont necessarily notice what my dream body feels like, but i do notice my perspective in a dream. I always hear that dreams are usually viewed from a first person point of view i.e. looking through your own eyes, but i have found that many of my dreams seem to be viewed from 3rd person. in other words it seems like i am watching myself through a camera or something. its really weird. hopefully i will be able to use this to become lucid :smile:

It is interesting that you posted this thread. The reason for this is that, a couple nights ago when I was having a lucid dream, I started really paying attention to the way that my body was feeling. It is really hard to describe in words the way it felt, but my best explanation for the way my dream body feels is that it is lighter and it feels as if I am floating even though I know that I’m on the ground. I also had some sort of tingly sense throughout my whole body. I am going to make a point to concentrate more on what it feels like in my next lucid dream

I find that my dream body is very similar to my waking body.
I finally rubbed my hands together this morning in a lucid dream.
They felt soft and fleshy just like in waking life.
I rubbed my hands together right before I fell asleep and when I did it in the LD I was amazed how much of the same it felt.

One Huge difference is that my body doesn’t feel temperature.

Funny how everyone is different! I distinctly remember getting out of my bed once I realized I was dreaming and thinking, “Brrr I’m chilly” the fact that I actually felt cold really amazed me as to the realness of an LD, actually feeling temperature made me really lucid. Also when I was flying over the hot “mud lava” I could feel its heat wafting around my body.

Everything feels normal to me, including pain (if I allow pain, that is). I don’t have any awareness of my real body, though when I wake up from an LD I often have a strange numbness in my lower back.

When I actually am aware of my dream body, I do feel it’s very different from my ordinary one. The real body is continuously firing sensations at you, what the skin is touching, the position of the body, the temperature of any part, any kind of disturbance or itch… but the dream body doesn’t have any of these things, and feels almost numb in comparison. Yet, it feels pretty lighter, and the lack of background noise in all the sensations merely allows for more intense ones when they are effectively summoned… more about potential instead of actual, continuous realization.
In a LD, of course, it’s possible to recreate all those plentiful, small sensations, just by realizing how it feels IWL; it helps to keep aware of one’s body, and to stay lucid ^^

My dream body feels like… my eyes are a little blur. I’m often in 3rd person view. other than that i feel like my normal body… I know what my dream body feels like but i just can’t realize i’m dreaming ;/

I feel numb, like… I’m lightly sedated. I notice this clearly when I rub my hands together.

My dream body feels pretty normal. Same sensations. The only difference is that I’m much more balanced. IWL I often don’t stand straight because of personal issues… And of course, I’m a lot lighter in my dreams. ^^